Springfield College

Springfield College Employer Reviews

Archivist Asst. Experience gained here - Summers only
Assistant Archivist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for history major. learned a lot!
Cons: no positions available. hire students.
• Provided assistance to the College Archivist
• Assist in preparing materials for preservation in the College
Archive
• Maintain proper care, maintenance and security of all
documents
• Scanning of historical photographs into Archive database
• Cataloging of various historical artifacts
• Typing and data entry
• Other duties as needed
Provided a great opportunity to grow as a leader and foster skills that will help me as I go forth in life.
Peer Educator (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
We have meetings once a week to stay organized and plan. We also decide who is going to be doing what for each week. My co-workers were also my peers and we were managed by a grad student under the recreation center. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to educate my peers and help the make good choices to better their lives
Pays to be a winner
Graduate Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: not enough hours in the day
-Staff meeting at 8 am everyday
-Film analysis
-Film breaks
-Game Planning
-Positional Meetings
-Hardest part of day was coming up with sound schemes
-Most enjoyable part was coaching the players
Enthusiastic environment with friendly service
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 22, 2014
A typical day as an athletic training student involves much time management and preparation. Balancing school work and clinical times has been difficult at times, however learning appropriate skills to adjust is very important in this field.
Fun workplace. Great experience
Event Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 8, 2014
Pros: exciting workplace
Cons: low pay
The employees were all good people. They were hard workers and easy to work with. We would all arrive at our designated time and then get the information for our tasks. I learned how to manage people as well as organize events particularly sports. My favorite part of the job was learning about the different sports.
Collegial working environment.
Project Director; Assistant Registrar (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: completing degrees while working full time
Cons: salaries did not appear to be competitive at the time.
Various positions during my 8 years enabled me to develop many skill sets including: interpersonal communication, supervision, mentoring, and leadership.

While working at the college I completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees. The professors and administrative staff were supportive.
Great and more
General Manager WSCB (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: role model
Cons: there should be more colleges like this
Great college and community involve. Not one boring moment. Spirit,Mind and Body. Great Logo.
Admin to the director of recruitment
Administration Assistant to Director of Admission (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
I love the fast pace of going out as a recruiter. I enjoy helping people. I like the fact of working in a involvement setting with professor and students making sure that each party know that I am there to help with duties and projects to make a easy flowing environment.
Great Environment
Graduate Fellow- Graduate Admissions Office (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 22, 2013
Great place to work. Even after no longer working with the company there are many peers who still reach out.
Nothing good To Say
Assistant to the Campus Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: too much to explain...
Although this experience was very unorganized and the leadership at the time wasn't capable in their positions, I was able to create a plan that allowed me to be successful in my position.
Make Your Own Opportunities
Athletic Counselor (AC) (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2013
Springfield College is one of a kind. The overall culture there is athletic and my background blended in well. Working for SC was an experience and eye opening allowing me to grow in ways I had not thought of or was ready for.

Studying there as an Athletic Counselor was truly a great experience as it provided me the opportunity to immediately apply – more... what I was learning to the athletes on campus. I facilitated teams and workshops on topics that included confidence, cohesive, self esteem, communication, time management, relaxation...etc. – less
Work was great and productive, but after several years, no opportunities for advancement..
Administration (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great campus and envirement. professors are amazing
Cons: not a great place to better your life and career goals.
I worked there several years and even though I worked hard and loved the environment, it was very hard to advance my career within the SC community. I would apply over and over and over again several positions in the school and I never got one job. Sometimes I wouldnt even get a call back or a letter stating that they were looking at my resume, that – more... by now that had more than ten copies since I started working there. They always hired someone they knew, never someone who had the qualifications. Its unfortunate, but true. Ultimately, I had to look somewhere else to better my life. Loved the campus, loved the school. But screwed in many ways while I was there. PS. Somewhat racist and as friendly as I was, very clicky school. If you are black or latino, or any "minority" you will most likely just get a janitorial job or a part-time staff job that is temporary OR long term with no benefits. Some staff members are clicky and rude. – less
Great place to work; many incentives and opportunities
Adjunct Faculty, (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 19, 2013
Pros: great environment to work in; great peers; good salary
Cons: not enough staff meetings with adjuncts
worked few semester; students are eager to learn; great atmosphere; I appreciated the school philosophy. Mind, Spirit and Body.
Worked with football
Graduate Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 12, 2012
Enjoyed working with the football team in the weight room and conditioning.

Enjoyed the atmosphere of being in the weight room and the drive the players had when they arrived to get their workouts in
Stimulating employment.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 22, 2012
Pros: continuing education advantaged
Positive cultural diverse environment, intriging and enjoyable employment.