Springfield College Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work and meet alot of nice people who were willing to work with me to understand the procedures and policies of the company. Really enjoyed teaching undergraduate students different criminal justice courses
Teaching Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Adjunct Professor/Human Services (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 4, 2015
Taught Undergraduate and Graduate students in the field of Human Services. Curriculum Development, engage students, fieldwork
Pros
Really Great College
Cons
Teach more Courses
I had many years of great experience
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2015
Great group of co-workers, excellent benefits and fringe benefits. I have learned, developed and grown over the past 17 years.
Nice Staff
Adjunct Faculty in English (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 1, 2015
The support staff at Springfield is excellent, in addition to some really great students. They are not always as focused as they could be, but they are never unkind or uninteresting.
Productive workplace
Assistant Director for Recruitment and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2015
Great experiences and friendly work environment. Hardest part is not admitting a student based on not meeting minimum requirements. Most enjoyable is seeing my students graduate.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small marketing budget
helpful knowledgeable staff
Writing Tutor-Academic Success Center (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 13, 2015
the Academic Success Center offers a wide range of services for students and the tutors are great! They are knowledgeable and interested in seeing students succeed. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.
Pros
flexible, open late
Cons
small work space, low wages
Executive Secretary
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 22, 2015
I processed hundreds of adjunct contracts per term. A lot of the responsibilities in the office could have been streamlined if the team members networked more. Technology and the way of processing several daily tasks were at least 10 years behind the times.

I had many ideas on how to be more efficient yet no changes were implemented. A lot of responsibilities could be consolidated if management would be open to new possibilities.

Silo team environment.
Come and do your work things will be fine
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 15, 2014
My job isn't hard come in to work and maintain your building and things are good. The gentleman that I work with is excellent we get along great and we always help one another out.
The night goes by fast if you stay busy. Hopefully I can continue to work hard and things will be fine for me and my partner
Pros
free education
Cons
snow removal
Worked for amazing people
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 4, 2014
Doing maintenance for my department at school: Visual and Performing Arts.

Worked as personal assistant for director; same gentleman that recruited me to attend Springfield College.
Pros
made own hours, within my own community
Cons
lack of work to do
Enjoyed working at Springfield College a lot
Custodian / Facilities And Campus Services (Former Employee) –  Springfield, Ma.June 19, 2014
Springfield College was a great atmosphere and a great place to work. I learned several new skills at this job.
Archivist Asst. Experience gained here - Summers only
Assistant Archivist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 2, 2014
• Provided assistance to the College Archivist
• Assist in preparing materials for preservation in the College
Archive
• Maintain proper care, maintenance and security of all
documents
• Scanning of historical photographs into Archive database
• Cataloging of various historical artifacts
• Typing and data entry
• Other duties as needed
Pros
great opportunity for history major. learned a lot!
Cons
no positions available. hire students.
Provided a great opportunity to grow as a leader and foster skills that will help me as I go forth in life.
Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
We have meetings once a week to stay organized and plan. We also decide who is going to be doing what for each week. My co-workers were also my peers and we were managed by a grad student under the recreation center. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to educate my peers and help the make good choices to better their lives
Pays to be a winner
Graduate Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
-Staff meeting at 8 am everyday
-Film analysis
-Film breaks
-Game Planning
-Positional Meetings
-Hardest part of day was coming up with sound schemes
-Most enjoyable part was coaching the players
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Enthusiastic environment with friendly service
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 22, 2014
A typical day as an athletic training student involves much time management and preparation. Balancing school work and clinical times has been difficult at times, however learning appropriate skills to adjust is very important in this field.
Fun workplace. Great experience
Event Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 8, 2014
The employees were all good people. They were hard workers and easy to work with. We would all arrive at our designated time and then get the information for our tasks. I learned how to manage people as well as organize events particularly sports. My favorite part of the job was learning about the different sports.
Pros
exciting workplace
Cons
low pay
Collegial working environment.
Project Director; Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2014
Various positions during my 8 years enabled me to develop many skill sets including: interpersonal communication, supervision, mentoring, and leadership.

While working at the college I completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees. The professors and administrative staff were supportive.
Pros
completing degrees while working full time
Cons
salaries did not appear to be competitive at the time.
Great and more
General Manager WSCB (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 21, 2014
Great college and community involve. Not one boring moment. Spirit,Mind and Body. Great Logo.
Pros
role model
Cons
there should be more colleges like this
Admin to the director of recruitment
Administration Assistant to Director of Admission (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
I love the fast pace of going out as a recruiter. I enjoy helping people. I like the fact of working in a involvement setting with professor and students making sure that each party know that I am there to help with duties and projects to make a easy flowing environment.
Great Environment
Graduate Fellow- Graduate Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 22, 2013
Great place to work. Even after no longer working with the company there are many peers who still reach out.
Nothing good To Say
Assistant to the Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2013
Although this experience was very unorganized and the leadership at the time wasn't capable in their positions, I was able to create a plan that allowed me to be successful in my position.
Pros
na
Cons
too much to explain...

4.2