Springfield College Employee Reviews

Nice Staff
Adjunct Faculty in English (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 1, 2015
The support staff at Springfield is excellent, in addition to some really great students. They are not always as focused as they could be, but they are never unkind or uninteresting.
Productive workplace
Assistant Director for Recruitment and Admissions (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Small marketing budget
Great experiences and friendly work environment. Hardest part is not admitting a student based on not meeting minimum requirements. Most enjoyable is seeing my students graduate.
helpful knowledgeable staff
Writing Tutor-Academic Success Center (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJune 13, 2015
Pros: flexible, open late
Cons: small work space, low wages
the Academic Success Center offers a wide range of services for students and the tutors are great! They are knowledgeable and interested in seeing students succeed. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.
Executive Secretary
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 22, 2015
I processed hundreds of adjunct contracts per term. A lot of the responsibilities in the office could have been streamlined if the team members networked more. Technology and the way of processing several – more... daily tasks were at least 10 years behind the times.

I had many ideas on how to be more efficient yet no changes were implemented. A lot of responsibilities could be consolidated if management would be open to new possibilities.

Silo team environment. – less
Come and do your work things will be fine
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: snow removal
My job isn't hard come in to work and maintain your building and things are good. The gentleman that I work with is excellent we get along great and we always help one another out.
The night goes by fast if you stay busy. Hopefully I can continue to work hard and things will be fine for me and my partner
Wonderful workplace
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 22, 2014
Wonderful
People are eager to help
great coworkers
Team Environment
Worked for amazing people
Treasurer (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: made own hours, within my own community
Cons: lack of work to do
Doing maintenance for my department at school: Visual and Performing Arts.

Worked as personal assistant for director; same gentleman that recruited me to attend Springfield College.
Enjoyed working at Springfield College a lot
Custodian / Facilities And Campus Services (Former Employee), Springfield, Ma.June 19, 2014
Springfield College was a great atmosphere and a great place to work. I learned several new skills at this job.
Archivist Asst. Experience gained here - Summers only
Assistant Archivist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for history major. learned a lot!
Cons: no positions available. hire students.
• Provided assistance to the College Archivist
• Assist in preparing materials for preservation in the College
Archive
• Maintain proper care, maintenance and security of all
documents
• Scanning of historical photographs into Archive database
• Cataloging of various historical artifacts
• Typing and data entry
• Other duties as needed
Provided a great opportunity to grow as a leader and foster skills that will help me as I go forth in life.
Peer Educator (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
We have meetings once a week to stay organized and plan. We also decide who is going to be doing what for each week. My co-workers were also my peers and we were managed by a grad student under the recreation center. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to educate my peers and help the make good choices to better their lives
Pays to be a winner
Graduate Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: not enough hours in the day
-Staff meeting at 8 am everyday
-Film analysis
-Film breaks
-Game Planning
-Positional Meetings
-Hardest part of day was coming up with sound schemes
-Most enjoyable part was coaching the players
Enthusiastic environment with friendly service
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 22, 2014
A typical day as an athletic training student involves much time management and preparation. Balancing school work and clinical times has been difficult at times, however learning appropriate skills to adjust is very important in this field.
Fun workplace. Great experience
Event Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 8, 2014
Pros: exciting workplace
Cons: low pay
The employees were all good people. They were hard workers and easy to work with. We would all arrive at our designated time and then get the information for our tasks. I learned how to manage people as well as organize events particularly sports. My favorite part of the job was learning about the different sports.
Collegial working environment.
Project Director; Assistant Registrar (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: completing degrees while working full time
Cons: salaries did not appear to be competitive at the time.
Various positions during my 8 years enabled me to develop many skill sets including: interpersonal communication, supervision, mentoring, and leadership.

While working at the college I completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees. The professors and administrative staff were supportive.
Great and more
General Manager WSCB (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: role model
Cons: there should be more colleges like this
Great college and community involve. Not one boring moment. Spirit,Mind and Body. Great Logo.
Admin to the director of recruitment
Administration Assistant to Director of Admission (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
I love the fast pace of going out as a recruiter. I enjoy helping people. I like the fact of working in a involvement setting with professor and students making sure that each party know that I am there to help with duties and projects to make a easy flowing environment.
Great Environment
Graduate Fellow- Graduate Admissions Office (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 22, 2013
Great place to work. Even after no longer working with the company there are many peers who still reach out.
Nothing good To Say
Assistant to the Campus Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: too much to explain...
Although this experience was very unorganized and the leadership at the time wasn't capable in their positions, I was able to create a plan that allowed me to be successful in my position.
Make Your Own Opportunities
Athletic Counselor (AC) (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2013
Springfield College is one of a kind. The overall culture there is athletic and my background blended in well. Working for SC was an experience and eye opening allowing me to grow in ways I had not thought – more... of or was ready for.

Studying there as an Athletic Counselor was truly a great experience as it provided me the opportunity to immediately apply what I was learning to the athletes on campus. I facilitated teams and workshops on topics that included confidence, cohesive, self esteem, communication, time management, relaxation...etc. – less
Work was great and productive, but after several years, no opportunities for advancement..
Administration (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great campus and envirement. professors are amazing
Cons: not a great place to better your life and career goals.
I worked there several years and even though I worked hard and loved the environment, it was very hard to advance my career within the SC community. I would apply over and over and over again several positions – more... in the school and I never got one job. Sometimes I wouldnt even get a call back or a letter stating that they were looking at my resume, that by now that had more than ten copies since I started working there. They always hired someone they knew, never someone who had the qualifications. Its unfortunate, but true. Ultimately, I had to look somewhere else to better my life. Loved the campus, loved the school. But screwed in many ways while I was there. PS. Somewhat racist and as friendly as I was, very clicky school. If you are black or latino, or any "minority" you will most likely just get a janitorial job or a part-time staff job that is temporary OR long term with no benefits. Some staff members are clicky and rude. – less