Springfield College Employee Reviews

A beautiful place to work
Landscaper/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 27, 2016
I worked two summers at Springfield College and had a blast both times. As a student worker/ landscaper I found it an absolutely stunning campus and a pleasure to work on. The overall experience was great, but occasionally mismanagement made things confusing and hard for those working there.
Decent place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 21, 2016
Gets plenty busy in the day, but the other shifts are more laid back. As long as you're attentive and pay attention to details, the job is fairly easy.
Pros
Not work intensive
fun workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2016
Staff is committed and supportive of each other's professional endeavors. Most enjoyable part of job is helping students realize their potential. Toughest part of job is having to say goodbye to great people once they graduate.
Pros
great working relationships
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Coordinator for the Executive Master's Program (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
Excellent place to work. Positive work environment. may benefits offered to employees, tuition remission for self as well your siblings.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
positions and programs eliminated
The mission is to educate in mind, spirit & body
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2016
SC has a very relaxed atmosphere, however busy and always changing for the better. Focus for students, faculty and staff is education in mind, spirit and body.
Pros
Physical wellness focus
I teach Stats for Mental Health Students
Adjunct Professor of Statistics (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2016
I usually have between 10 and 20 students per course. I teach the statistics from the analytical side, not the mathematical side. Have pretty good passing rate. Most students enjoy my class & find it benefits them in their academics studies. Have a good management of class time, and keep students engaged. Enjoy my fellow instructors. There is nothing hard about this job, and find rewarding, fulfilling, and enjoy engaging with my students.
Pros
Seeing Students achieve
Cons
Seeing students with abilities, not putting enough time & commitment into their academics.
Enlightening and fun place to work while at school
Media Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2016
Enjoyed working with other employees and bosses, while also keeping up with my studies. I learned more about certain technologies and believe that I gained knowledge in the field of media.
Amazing School
Student Leader, New Student Orientation (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2016
Went in as a freshman and had an amazing career here. Would highly recommend attending here. It was great beyond all compare
very good enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 27, 2016
love the workplace get to meet new people great pay. would suggest to anyone interested in working at a college. Nice co workers. good pay. dont really do much
Cons
no breaks
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 25, 2016
Working at SC is amazing. The staff and students are wonderful. It is a family oriented college. The President is very visible on campus and cares both about the students and employees.
Sole department Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 3, 2016
Daily office functions were eclectic and changed daily providing many learning opportunities and interaction with visitors.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Parking
Fun and eventful by working with a diverse staff and community.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2016
I manage a building of 300 first years students, and create programs and am the head of authority for 30 first year residents. I attend weekly staff meetings and private meetings with my boss in addition.
Pros
Stipend housing and meal plans, single room.
Cons
N/A
A good place to work, although the employee is not well recongnized.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 23, 2016
As I enjoyed my work, co-workers as well as the students. The management is not very person orientated. I believe incentive is an important part in any business. The more you appreciate your employees, the more they will work harder.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Poor emplyee incentive/recognition.
Productive work environmet. Goal oriented and purpose driven.
adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 23, 2015
Excellent working environment and opportunity for busy professional who desire to 'give-back' in an adult learning environment.
Fun place to work
Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work and meet alot of nice people who were willing to work with me to understand the procedures and policies of the company. Really enjoyed teaching undergraduate students different criminal justice courses
Teaching Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Adjunct Professor/Human Services (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 4, 2015
Taught Undergraduate and Graduate students in the field of Human Services. Curriculum Development, engage students, fieldwork
Pros
Really Great College
Cons
Teach more Courses
I had many years of great experience
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2015
Great group of co-workers, excellent benefits and fringe benefits. I have learned, developed and grown over the past 17 years.
Nice Staff
Adjunct Faculty in English (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 1, 2015
The support staff at Springfield is excellent, in addition to some really great students. They are not always as focused as they could be, but they are never unkind or uninteresting.
Productive workplace
Assistant Director for Recruitment and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2015
Great experiences and friendly work environment. Hardest part is not admitting a student based on not meeting minimum requirements. Most enjoyable is seeing my students graduate.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small marketing budget
helpful knowledgeable staff
Writing Tutor-Academic Success Center (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 13, 2015
the Academic Success Center offers a wide range of services for students and the tutors are great! They are knowledgeable and interested in seeing students succeed. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.
Pros
flexible, open late
Cons
small work space, low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springfield College. Our community is ready to answer.

91%