Springfield College Employee Reviews

There were no promotional opportunities
Student Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2017
The position at Springfield College was temporary and provide me with an opportunity to relate to students and help the college out. Working with the staff of Springfield had it's rewards.
Pros
Evenings and weekend hours.
Cons
Took breaks when opportunity made it available.
Productive and rewarding
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2017
I was able to work closely with the students at Springfield College which I found extremely rewarding. This was a fast paced job where you constantly kept busy and had a task to complete.
Fun
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 6, 2017
I got to work sporting events and sports are a big part of my life. I learned that if you make work fun it can be. It is really all about how you make it not about anything esle.
Productive and supportive work envirronment
Adjunct Instructor, Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE and onlineAugust 20, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working as an adjunct on-campus and as an online instructor. Focus is on providing undergraduate and graduate degrees to adult learners who have been out of school 10-40 years. The college provided strong academic success support and every campus had a Resource Specialist to assist students and instructors.
Work place enviroment
Reception Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 14, 2017
Work place has balance of job work and life balance. Management is professional and has open door policy in which you can speak to them about anything. Everyone works as a team and everyone is there to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
Pros
paid health care, dental, 401K, paid vacation and personal days, supportive management
Community Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2017
I worked at night, so it was pretty quiet, I learned radio proceedures, work place was calm sometimes, it is a College where sometimes the students would get drunk and rowdy, the hardest part of my job was dealing with biligerant students, but what I enjoyed most was getting to know all the students in the dormitory I was assigned to.
Pros
well behaved students
Cons
biligerant students
numerous activities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 28, 2017
typically working over night you will engage with student from a number of backgrounds. There were always events on campus that employees could participate in. The most enjoyable part would be the hoop hall classics, and the end of the year concerts.
No longer a fun place to work.
Pion (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2017
I' have been there over a decade and things have changed a great deal. I used to love to go to work but now can not stand it, Too many changes were put into place since the new administration has taken over. Termination have hit new highs and people leaving on their own is on the increase. I would avoid recommending working here at all cost.
Pros
Free college education
Cons
Everything else.

Comment – June 6, 2017

They have zero tolerance towards the health and well being of their employees. Your only a number!

Fun workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alden Street,Spfld,Mass.April 28, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Unfortunately,it was onlyna seasonal position. My boss was a very pleasant woman to work.with.Enjoyed learning job skills I did not know before.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Only seasonal
student aid
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 18, 2017
student aid for locksmith, had fun learning a completely new skill for me. hanging out with all the other guys was fun slow paced days so made alot of keys and locks
Variety of Jobs
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 11, 2017
I very much enjoy working at Springfield College. As a student worker I can apply for a wide range of assignments, and the ones I've been able to do have been great.
Pros
set pay
Cons
limited hours
Special
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
Springfield College is a special place that has great funding for the strength and conditioning department. Student athlete wellness is very important.
Productive work day, advising and encouraging students to set goals and work towards achieving those goals
Assistant Director for Recruitment and Outreach (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 12, 2017
A topical day at work is talking with students and or prospective students about furthering their education. The workplace culture is very family orientated. The hardest part of my job is talking with a student who has been academically dismissed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a student complete their degree requirements and earn that Bachelor or Master's degree.
Pros
Getting adult learners to see their potentials
This college continued to nurture students as was the case when I was a co-ed there.
Evening College Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 1, 2017
Adult Education was rather new at the time but the students were at the forefront at the Continuing Education Office. The professors teaching the adult students at night were dedicated to their subjects and taught enthusiastically and appropriately after being with young adults all day. The College was supportive of my administration of the program.
Pros
Mature students and a great work experience.
Cons
Program was very small with only several hundred students. Low pay.
A beautiful place to work
Landscaper/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 27, 2016
I worked two summers at Springfield College and had a blast both times. As a student worker/ landscaper I found it an absolutely stunning campus and a pleasure to work on. The overall experience was great, but occasionally mismanagement made things confusing and hard for those working there.
Decent place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 21, 2016
Gets plenty busy in the day, but the other shifts are more laid back. As long as you're attentive and pay attention to details, the job is fairly easy.
Pros
Not work intensive
fun workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2016
Staff is committed and supportive of each other's professional endeavors. Most enjoyable part of job is helping students realize their potential. Toughest part of job is having to say goodbye to great people once they graduate.
Pros
great working relationships
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Coordinator for the Executive Master's Program (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
Excellent place to work. Positive work environment. may benefits offered to employees, tuition remission for self as well your siblings.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
positions and programs eliminated
The mission is to educate in mind, spirit & body
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2016
SC has a very relaxed atmosphere, however busy and always changing for the better. Focus for students, faculty and staff is education in mind, spirit and body.
Pros
Physical wellness focus
I teach Stats for Mental Health Students
Adjunct Professor of Statistics (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2016
I usually have between 10 and 20 students per course. I teach the statistics from the analytical side, not the mathematical side. Have pretty good passing rate. Most students enjoy my class & find it benefits them in their academics studies. Have a good management of class time, and keep students engaged. Enjoy my fellow instructors. There is nothing hard about this job, and find rewarding, fulfilling, and enjoy engaging with my students.
Pros
Seeing Students achieve
Cons
Seeing students with abilities, not putting enough time & commitment into their academics.