Springfield Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Small district
Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 14, 2016
Lots of unusual behaviors in this school district, not all of which are standard or professional. Like any district, some good people working hard to improve the opportunity for kids.
Pros
Near I78
Cons
Special Services could be better organized.
Springfield Public Schools
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 31, 2016
I worked for them for 13 years and I learned a lot of stuff about the Alternative Setting in the Springfield Public Schools. I worked as a an paraprofessional in an Alternative Setting. Also a teacher in a classroom with social, emotional and behavior children.
Pros
Helps children who are not succeeding in the regualr setting.
Cons
When things change without notice.
my dayly work
Spanish and ELL teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield , MAMarch 28, 2016
A day having the opportunity to help children learn a new language and a new culture, giving them the chance to integrate into a new nation and helping the parents to do the transition.
Pros
sharing with children
Cons
not enough time to set the academic knowledge they needed
Fun work place with positive and enjoyable people
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 7, 2016
Very busy
more about the springfield school system
co workers are really fun to be around; everybody gets along with everybody
there is no hard part about this job
most enjoyable part is talking to customers
Family of Hard workers
It Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 10, 2016
Springfield public schools was the best career opportunity i have had, as a student fresh out of school they taught me so many things to advance my knowledge. Especially a field tech you encounter new problems everyday with different people. They taught me about quality of work and how to communicate with others about there situation and the steps to solving the problems. Eventually i was placed out on my own and got nothing but excellent feedback from my clients and co workers. The most difficult part of the job was believing in myself but that shorty diffused after positive feedback, unfortunately the job was temporary. However after my planned time they asked me if I was interested in a extension which i heard wasn't common so i take that as a compliment in my work.
Pros
Mileage, Great staff
Cons
temporary job
Great Place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 27, 2015
This at the time was one of the best jobs I have ever held. Working with a great staff of coworkers and management was rather easy to please.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Little great time always on call while at work.
productive and fun place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  springfield maSeptember 2, 2015
I would substitute at an alternative school for students struggling with substance abuse. It was challenging but that is what made me love it. The staff there was like family.
Conducive environment providing learning for ALL students.
Educator/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 22, 2015
I enjoy working with the students and fellow colleagues who ensure providing a quality education for ALL students. Management is needing to provide more supports for their educators going above and beyond for all students, yet they need to keep collaboration time for what it actually is.
Pros
inclusion teacher
Cons
No collaboration hour anymore
Diverse and supportive work environment
Special Education Attendant Sub (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 17, 2015
Whether working in a classroom or one on one with a student, a unique approach is required to meet the needs of the students that you encounter. Employees work to together to ensure that students obtain and often exceed their academic goals.
I fully enjoyed working for Springfield Public Schools
Autism Behavior Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 8, 2015
I learned a lot working as an Autism Behavior Tech. I was given great direction while also given room to create optimal behavior plans. I worked directly under an Autism Specialist/Process Coordinator and she was terrific. The benefits were great and the special ed department was organized.
fair
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 2, 2015
The work day can be stressful depending on student classroom behavior,

Training is good and there is plenty of opportunity to learn.
Pros
salary not too bad
Cons
difficult to obtain requirements to obtain education license. stressful
Excellent working environment.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2015
I was able to take pride in that people put their trust in me to safely transport their children to and from school. Anytime issues of any type would arise, management was always supportive and worked with you to fix the situation. Having many students in such a small area could at times be stressful, but creating trusting relationships with them and them learning that you were there for them made the job very enjoyable.
Pros
Great working environment, good management, and doing my job with little or no supervision.
Cons
The number of hour were too few.
Springfield Public Schools is a decent place to work;however, the benefits are expensive for spouses.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 17, 2015
Springfield Public Schools is a decent place to work; however, the benefits for spouses are expensive and the pay is low.
upbeat and active environment
Physical Education Permanent Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 1, 2015
I enjoy waking up knowing I am going to work in a field in which I can work with and develop youth through Physical Education. I love the aspect of working with other co-teachers in planning and implementing physical education curriculum (sports, games, etc.).
productive
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 18, 2015
productive environment from interacting with other students to learning new things and taking on projects really helped to get started with hands on work
The transportation department at Springfield Public Schools is a good place to work.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 14, 2015
In the transportation department at SPS your work day usually starts around 6 AM to 6:30 AM. The coworkers are all around good people to work with. However, there are a few to steer clear of. Management is typical. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the traffic on the streets. There are a few employees that are difficult to get along with; however, if you do not focus on these few individuals working for SPS Transportation can be a pleasurable experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is having an influence on the kids that ride my bus.
Pros
they are flexible to a degree. the people you work with are friendly.
Cons
a six hour work day takes up 12 hours of your day, the insurance is outrageously expensive, the pay is low.
Friendly, learning environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I followed lesson plans left by teachers. I also taught, assisted, and helped students in elementary subjects. I learned to be patient and I learned a lot of leadership skills. The co-workers were all helpful and friendly in each school i worked.
Great job.
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Good job with good benefits. Not much room for advancement, but job security was good.
My building consists of dedicated teachers who are fun to be around.
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 9, 2014
My job officially begins each day at 7:30. I have a about 20 minutes of plan time if I don't have a morning supervision duty I have to be present for.

I teach 5 classes between 8 and 2:45. I have a little less than 30 minutes for lunch.

We have team meeting for one period every day and we meet with administrators during this time once a week.

The hardest part of the job is motivating students who don't want to be there.

The most enjoyable part of the day is being with students.
Pros
the freedom to leave during my plan time on occasion if i need to.
Cons
short lunch, the constant demands of the job that have little to do with teaching
Wonderful educational atmosphere
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 31, 2014
Great place to work, very supportive and offers ongoing educational opportunities.