Springfield School District Employee Reviews

Met a lot of nice people there
Lead District Custodian (Former Employee), Springfield, PAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Very nice people and co-workers
Cons: the turn over rate
It was a nice place to work, but as time went on the turn over of the hire up's seem to change every year and they all came in with new things and by the time we got everything changed around they would leave
A great experience fulfilling a variety of roles
Building Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Springfield, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Different job each day was interesting
Cons: Low pay, no benefits, no opportunities for full-time
A typical work week for me would include a variety of assignments from teaching middle-school language arts to filling in for the e-media specialist. Springfield School District is a good district for which to work.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Good people doing a hard job with limited resources. The End
Little overtime, ample time off, grueling tedious work
Electrician (Current Employee), Springfield, ORAugust 16, 2014
Pros: decent time off, good work schedule
Cons: working from ladders, crawling through attics and crawl spaces in fiberglass and filth
Job is unpredictable so you can never expect to execute what you have planned for the day due to unexpected emergencies and changing priorities. Preventive maintenance is nonexistent because of labor and budget reductions, so repair work is required on a constant basis. Money allocated for maintenance is constantly being shifted to capital improvement and construction projects leaving little to patch up older buildings. Concerns about aging ifrastructure and safety are usually ignored.
Teachers and custodians are a pleasure to work with, and usually appreciate if and when repairs can be initiated. Decent vacation and leave time makes work tolerable.
Fun group of staff
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Springfield, VTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great team, summers off
Cons: new principal that took over
I worked in the Life Skills room which is where kids having a difficult time in their classes would come to get help. We also did the supervising of the student who had ISS. I also did quiet studies and filled in the class room during a teacher's absence. I was able to attend several trips to Washington D.C. and Gettysburg, Pa.

My supervisor was great to work with and helped with getting better understanding of the students we worked with.
Work Day
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 24, 2014
Pros: the hours you work are great.
Cons: healthcare
I enjoy my job with the public school districts. A typical day is getting to ride a long with kids and enjoy there laughter. The hardest part about this job is that the pay is not that great.
A new task everyday
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Springfield, VTMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed working in the school district, I like working with people and children. I learned a lot about the school district and what types of challenges they face with children from all walks of live. I found it to be interesting daily.
Fun working with children.
School Coordinator for BEST (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 20, 2013
I volunteered a lot so I knew many of the teachers and students
Fun working with children
School Coordinator for BEST (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMay 13, 2013
Pros: children
Cons: no work in summer
I really enjoyed working for the Springfield School District
Flexible, fun, weekends and summer's off
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility. pay, no weekends, off during the summer months
Cons: you are not guarenteed to be called for substitutions
A typical day for a Substitute Teacher can be interesting depending on the group of students you are assigned for that day. Once you receive a call from the substitution line they will assign you as either as a "floater" which you float from one classroom to another or you are assigned to one classroom all day.
Springfield School District #186 is great! Due to the new laws set forth by Governor Quinn, all teachers must have a TB test. Substitute Teachers must certify, complete a physical including a TB test and fill out an application. The Certification is for 4 years.
Productive and fun place to work if you love kids
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 4, 2013
Pros: lunch prices are low
Cons: assignments are on call basis
enjoyable atmosphere, great if you like to motivate kids, be ready to have any type of situation thrown at you, you be very flexible, you have to love kids and must be dedicated to helping them, must tolerate anything they do, can't be a soft pushover, must know how to stand up to them when the time is right
Best job ever
Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ORFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: no job security
I spent my days teaching small group reading to elementary students as well as play ground supervision. I was fortunate enough to have worked with an amazing staff of people. The hardest part of my job was the occasional discipline issues with students. The best was knowing I made a difference in the lives of these students.
Fine Food Service
Food Service Cook (Former Employee), Springfield, NEApril 26, 2012
To prepare the meat for the students lunch, making sure of the proper handling and temperature of the meat. How to prepare lunches for 500 students. Working with a friendly group of people and maintaining a happy atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was moving away to Washington and leaving a very close family. We were like family.