Springfield Technical Community College Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of my job
Phlebotomy Lead Lab Assistant/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this particular job is teaching my students on the correct and safe way to perform phlebotomy from beginning to end . I thrive on watching my students succeed out in the phlebotomy field . We make it fun but also take safety very seriously but most of all make it easier for the students to feel at ease and not so nervous.
Love stcc
Interim Vice President for Workforce Training (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2017
It has truly been an honor and a privilege to work with fine faculty and staff of STCC, the only technical community college in the state community college system. These people live, breath, and exist to provide excellent service to their surrounding community, and I am glad I had the chance to work with them.
Pros
Staff, Faculty, Leadership, and Dedication to serving the community.
Cons
The campus is beautiful, and historic, and is in need of significant maintenance and upkeep, where the institution must dedicate a massive percentage of a finite budget.
Good college to attend to for a good price
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 13, 2017
If you're looking to get a bachelors degree, make sure you going to the exchange, transfer program. You can save up to $35,000 by doing two years here then transferring to UMass Amherst
Pros
Do you surprise school bus is it on your own time
Cons
Do you surprise school bus is it on your own times
eh
Clinical experience (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 1, 2017
hard work and not enough pay. Constantly running around. Constantly helping patients and other staff. no downtime. not enough staff. benefits not as good
great job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 24, 2017
I love working here. It was a great environment.I was welcomed. I loved working with the college students, and the Professors. Management was great, and understanding.
great place to work
Part-time Cashier - Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
I completed my degree at STCC and had the opportunity to work there for 2 years. I was not able to obtain a full time position and had to leave for full time work.
Working for a State College was exciting, stressful, and rewarding.
Academic Dean (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 1, 2017
I had excellent College Presidents to report to for the 35 years I worked at STCC. Politics was ever present but I was able to manage that challenge because I was not afraid to do the work. It was important to trust a few resourceful people and listen to everyone. A satisfied student was the daily goal which was the focus that most staff members handled very well.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Politics sometimes got in the way of progress.
I love Springfield Technical community college.
Coordinator of Summer bridge program (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 6, 2017
This school is great place to begin your education. I have work various work study jobs and love them. The campus have a home feeling once you get involved. It helps you grow as a person and a leader. The people are great to work with and care for there students.I love being able to work there and pay it forward while working with students on campus.
Great supervisors and work environment
New student orientation (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoyed working as an Information specialist. I enjoyed helping students and new comers with issues and questions concerning the college. Great co-workers, we were very well trained.
Pros
Meeting new people and interpreting when language was a barrier
Cons
Once I graduated I could not work there anymore because it was a work study position
Too many bosses giving conflicting orders
HVAC 2 working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 15, 2016
If you want a challenge this is the place to work. It has everything from 750 ton chillers to geothermal and window air conditioners.
The hardest part of the job is management.
The most enjoyable for me was sorting out equipment that had not been properly maintained. Getting the failed control systems that had not worked for years up and running.
Pros
events free lunch or breakfast several times a year
Cons
conflicts between departments - too many bosses
Clinical Rotation
Respiratory Care Student Limited License (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2016
During our clinical care rotations, our instructors provided all the proper exposure to the respiratory care field, so we would be ready for boards and the work force.
Very busy work place.
Writing Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work is hectic but enjoyable. Helping people and hearing from them "Thank you" make us happy.
However, dealing with people is the hardest part of this job.
Pros
School breakes
Cons
School breakes
Fun place to work
Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work and meet alot of nice people who were willing to work with me to understand the procedures and policies of the company. Really enjoyed teaching undergraduate students different criminal justice courses
Cashiering
Seasonal/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 23, 2015
Busy and fast paced work environment. Provide general information to students and parents regarding all aspects of billing and how their financial aid may affect their bills.
Educational
Phlebotomy Tutor (Current Employee) –  springfield, maApril 1, 2015
I enjoy teaching students the correct way to do the job that I do. The teacher is great to work with and makes coming to work enjoyable.
Assisted students with homework in ICD-9 coding procedures.
Peer Tutor-part-time (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 26, 2015
Met with students after classes a few days a week to assist with any problems with homework assignments and relevant projects.
Pros
Interacting with students and assisting with homework.
Cons
Job ended upon my graduation.
Great Experience
Adjunct Professor in History and Political Science (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 16, 2015
As an Adjunct Professor in both US History and Political Science, the challenges of presenting entertaining material in a new and imaginative way was paramount to the success of my students and I. I did so by having the students interact with me in both a Socratic Method and an interpersonal point of view.
Pros
Presentations creating interest
Clinical experience during nursing school at LTC, Acute care, Maternity, Occupational Health, Pediatrics, and Correctional Nursing.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 5, 2014
Proven ability to work as part of a team, learning daily from the challenges put forth by my clinical instructors. Clinical sites were on Med-surg acute care and Urology acute care during final years of school.
Great place to help guide students
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 20, 2014
Everyday I usually had a student or two come by that asked questions about biology. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the students to retain the information. The most enjoyable part was when the student understood and they actually succeed in that class.
Fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 5, 2014
I like that there is something new every day to do. I think the work load can increase