Springhill Suites Employee Reviews in United States

No company support
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2016
Management company is not supportive of workers advancements and concerns. Employees concerns are not taken seriously.
Pros
Great Guest
Cons
Always meeting someone new.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 16, 2016
I loved working here. The people I worked with were great and everyone worked as a team. Management was attentive and always willing to help.
management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
Very nice hotel! Beautiful property but the one i was hired at had very poor management, no structure, things were not handled as they should have been, made my job very difficult so i quit.
No break what so ever for front desk, only thing i liked were my coworkers.
Pros
Nice property, pay is decent
Cons
No breaks, management
Breakfast Attendant
Breakfast Attendant/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23502April 11, 2016
Assisted guests with making buffet menu choices in an informative and helpful fashion. Also maintained knowledge of current menu items, garnishes, ingredients and preparation methods. Also cross-training for banquet serving was reinforced.
Overall a good place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKSeptember 26, 2014
I have been working at this hotel for about 6 months and they still have not started my benefits. They recently changed management companies, so I understand that things are a bit mixed up but I don't think I should go without coverage because of it. The management is so-so. The general manager is a very good listener but doesn't act on important issues in a timely manner and the assistant general manager has gotten away with verbal harassment and sleeping on the job on his watch. Also, the pay is very low and hard to live on.

However, its not all bad. They have trained me well and I plan to excel in this field when given the chance.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
healthcare, unprofessional management styles
nice and quiet place of employment . very nice people
Marriott Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2015
I was pregnant while working here . a typical day at work would be 15 to 20 rooms to clean at my own paste. the hardest part of this position was cleaning room after birthday parties and after football games. the enjoyable part of the job were the customers and how much they loved my ability to do a great job while pregnant
Pros
lunch break was 30 minutes you could take a break if you wanted to or not
Cons
didnt take any short breaks which were ten minute breaks
Sweet and quiet
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 12, 2016
Meeting new people from all over and getting to know them is always great. Springhill works great with their employees and are always willing to work with them.
Excellent Place for employment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 29, 2015
This company has a lot of career advancement and the people are great to work with. You meet a lot of different people from all over the world.
Pros
Meeting a variety of new people
Horrible Place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 17, 2016
Manager never liked to work
Management would never deal with any complaints
Old hotel
Management doesn't care much for employees.
Chill work environment with a great setting.
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaJuly 20, 2015
A typical work day consist of coming in the morning and doing paperwork to get prepared for guest checking in a departing. Ive learned a lot about the hospitality business working here like some hotels are full service which meaning that their breakfast may not be complimentary vs other hotels. My management team is GREAT! Very flexible with my schedule and works with us to get the job done and keep our hotel at its best. My co workers are easy to work with and get along with. The hardest part about my job is the multi tasking but once you get use to it it becomes natural. The most enjoyable part of my job is that you get to meet new people from all over the country.
Pros
My co workers are easy to get along with, I great work environment
Cons
That we only have one shuttle, AC goes out sometimes in the summer
franchised hotel
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2016
working for a franchised hotel has it perks. Only downfall is that your the only one working on the shift and you have no back up.
Nice place to work at
FD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax VANovember 10, 2015
fun
everything
amazing
when you have nothing to do
happy faces

I had the best time of my life there. Management were just amazingly professional to work with. Team was amazing as well.
Terrible working experience.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Springhill Suites was not up to standard with any part of their facility. I was offered very low pay, no benefits and was forced into non-compliance with the law causing my resignation.
Fun work place
Housekeeping/Breakfast (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2015
This was the fun job I had. Wasnt to stressful or to easy and always things to do. The staff was great to work with. Most of the staff we worked together and acted like we were family. Always had laughs on stressful days.
at times too demanding
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2015
I appreciated the opportunity but I dont want to be in the kitchen anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
learned a lot of company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2015
it was really good area and study job and had a really good team management was always good to there workers and customers.
Great start
Front Desk/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 15, 2015
I learned a lot in the time I was apart of this property. The staff and management were great. I felt appreciated and I bounced around all 3 facets of the hotel to maximize my learning potential.
Pros
appreciated, educated me, friendly environment
Cons
schedule, pay
Fast paced cleaning enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 6, 2015
On a daily basis, the amount of rooms that we cleaned were different any given day on the amount of clients that stayed at our hotel. We aimed to please and we took pride in the way the rooms looked for our next guests.
Pros
Busy Days
Cons
Not enough pay
A fun place to work
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Hampton,VAAugust 5, 2013
My time at work is great because I get to meet different people every day and find out new things from guest and co-workers.
We do this thing everyday called the huddle and its all the workers getting together for ten minutes and discussing groups,events,concerns,and the guest service surveys good and bad, and how we can make their stay better.
Pros
benefits, staff gatherings, discounts
Cons
no breaks, short staff, communication
all employees r like family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 9, 2014
no benefits
job security (?)
asst manager great
Manager (NEW)
Pros
making new friends
Cons
short breaks if any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springhill Suites. Our community is ready to answer.