Springleaf Financial Services

Springleaf Financial Services United States Employee Reviews

productive work place
SR Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: incentivces, 1 hour lunch
Cons: Quota
Hold license in Credit Life Accident & Health and Life Insurance by the State of Illinois, License No. 17213684
Provide customer service by assisting and processing credit and/or insurance applications via in person and over the phone
Consistently meet monthly quota which entails $100,000 in new loans, a minimum of 30 new accounts, and resolve/collect on delinquent accounts
Resolved debtors inquiries and complaints via telephone while providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis to all clients and debtors making sure that the customer received service to their full satisfaction and that any outstanding issues were resolved in a courteous and professional manner
Maintain and build vendor relationships to drive new business
Licensed to sell insurance products/services to clients
Receive and process credit applications including employment verifications and personal record information
Perform routine transactions at an on-line terminal
Process payments and disbursement .Prepare reports, type correspondence and transaction documents, maintain files, handle mail, notarize documents and handle recording and filing
Indivually goal oriented workplace in a team environment
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: hour lunch breaks, small staff.
Cons: lack of upper management communication, ever increasing company goals.
9-5 job analyzing credit reports and working with walk in customers who are looking for loans. Usually on the phone about 75% of the day, talking and soliciting customers for loan advances and trying to reach customers to discuss and control delinquency. Small office staff working directly under a branch manger with infrequent visits from upper management. Incentives for bonuses and insurance sales but company continually increases goals to place incentive opportunities out of reach.
fun enviroment
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee), carlisle paMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: high monthly goals
Four person office very close to each other. would work up loans for customers with the managers approval. go out on business development to sol our business to small businesses like car dealer ships, heating fuel companies. the hardest part was making your monthly quota for new money with three other people in the office trying to accomplish the same goals
Work was very productive,but we did not have time to play games.
Financial Representative and Collector (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: i won several free lunches.
Cons: healthcare was ok and i took short breaks.
A typical day at work was soliciting present and former customers for loan business and calling delinquent accounts.I learned how to get better at what I did every day.The manager and the assistant manager taught me how to use their system in a very timely manner.I had great co/workers.The hardest part of the job was learning a new computer system.The most enjoyable part of the job was making contact with the customers on the phone and in person.
Heavy focus on independent production and drive
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: competitive salary for market with commission and bonus options, hour long lunches, limited weekend hours.
Cons: constant pressure for increased performance, disconnect between hq and local branches.
A typical day consists of taking applications for personal loans from online applications, phoned in applications, walk in customers, and external "warm" calling to existing and former customer. There is little down time as personal monthly goals are constantly increasing and pressure to meet goals is always present. Along with loan goals, everyone is also responsible for collection calls and a monthly collection goal for the branch based on individual results. A "what have you done for me lately" environment from upper management.
enjoyable work environment, loved the customers
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Waipahu, HI (Waipo)February 21, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, paid vacations, life/dental/vision insurances
Cons: raise freeze when we were bought in 2011
enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the customers. Too bad they downsized as we were not allowed to solicit new business and Hawaii operations closed down branches and only 1 branch remains. Customer service was very important and learned that answering the phone with a smile conveyed friendliness to whoever was calling. Did the daily deposits, posted mail/over the counter payments, did light collection work, took loan applications and processed them for approval/denials, purchased retail contracts from furniture venders and still hold my Notary Public license - my commission expires 2/27/2016. Did copying and faxing, processed paid in full files, filing.
Customer interaction
Sr Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: bonus for loan volume sales
Cons: open commucation with upper management
The best part of my job is customer interaction, knowing who they are their families. Knowing I am helping them in their financial needs whats best for each individual person. I enjoy my co-workers we are like family would do anything for them within my means. The hardest part of my job is the pressure of not meeting my goals and the possibility of losing my employment
Open Opportunity
Distribution Rep III (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2015
Springleaf Financial is a work environment that has a lot of opportunities to learn and move forward. I chose not too, based on the department and coworkers I enjoyed being around. They professional people and the energy they provide to make the day go by quickly.
High stress, emotional roller coaster, poor training, high turnover
Sr. Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the ability to work ot; lots of pto; friendly awesome people
Cons: lack of team building and cohesiveness
Put together daily reports; follow up on loan applications and bring to a conclusion; data entry and loan contract underwriting; solicit new business; collect accounts and reduce delinquency; distribute loan proceeds; provide excellent customer service, and many other various administrative duties.
I learned a lot about myself and my abilities to work quickly and multi-task while under a lot of pressure. I was very successful at my job and I helped the office grow in profits and new money as planned and to stay on target for growth.
Management was so-so at best. There wasn't very much comradery or cohesiveness as a team and that bothered me. We had a high turnover of employees in the 2 years I was with the company.
The best part of my job was the experience and confidence I gained, which made me one of the customer favorites. We were there to help people who truly needed our services and they were so happy and grateful to recieve it. That was the great!
fast pace fn productive place to work
Personal Lending Specialist (Former Employee), Clayton, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: no paid breaks other than lunch
busy reviewing credit applications and dealing with customer calling in for refinance and possible extensions on loans.
Good benefits
Senior Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: organizational culture is set to be competitive
Learned a lot about the finance industry and great opportunities to move up.
Great experience for an intern
Intern (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2015
This is no ordinary internship. After a few weeks of training I had clients coming into the office that I was closing loans for.
Life in Lending
Financial Representative (Former Employee), York, PaDecember 22, 2014
Lending is a multi-faceted career. It's all about getting to know people and really diving in to needs vs. wants.
Enjoyable workplace with amazing coworkers and management
Administrative Specialist/DMG/Adjustments (Current Employee), Evansville, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great management and coworkers, employee gym
Cons: healthcare, pay, benefits, etc.
I love my job at Springleaf Financial Services. My coworkers and management staff are amazing and reliable. We are all a great big family. Work is very productive and all employees are encouraged to participate in many activities to make the workplace more enjoyable. Springleaf has great opportunities to advance and can be very challenging at times which is great. I enjoy coming to work each day.
Loved my job
Collector Sr (Former Employee), Ft.Woth,TxNovember 26, 2014
I really like bank of america its just not stable in the mortgage industry
This job needed more Professional Upper Management Investment
Forensic Auditor/QA Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Irving TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: detailed in goals setting and focus to growth
Cons: lack of maturity in upper level management
Springleaf needed more mature leveled management, the culture was warm and with proper development and structure it would have been a thriving working environment.
Loan Specialist and Customer Service
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Wallace, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: bonuses, free lunches and dinners
Cons: healthcare
Personal Loans, sell insurance and give excellent customer service, co workers are fantastic
Progressive and dynamic place to work
Senior Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Evansville INOctober 22, 2014
Pros: a lot of free family orientated activities, sports teams, etc.
Cons: you have to be ready to give a complete effort for the company, no half efforts. everyone works hard, is at work on time and stays late for the best effort for our customers and employees.
The typical day at Springleaf brings you in contact with fellow employees and customers from throughout the United States. Everyone works hard to ensure the best possible product for our customers. The hardest part of the job is being able to adapt to changes quickly and be ready to change. Everyday you are in contact with fellow workers that at the top of their profession in IT, customer service and auditing.
Excellent Company
Licensed Loan Officer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 12, 2014
very nice company gives me the opportunity to work there even though I didn't had finance experience
Minimal Job Security
Senior Customer Account Specialist/Underwriter (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2014
I enjoyed my position and work environment. However, our division was shut down due to company downsizing.

1 2 3 4 5