Springleaf Financial

Springleaf Financial Employer Reviews

Enjoyed the job and the peolple in the office you work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: the customers i worked with
Cons: not much advancement opportunities. no raise in over 3 years
A typical day would start with reviewing any foreclosure sales for that day.Then there were calls to Attorneys as I dealt with the Bankruptcy portfolio. Then calls to agents regarding short sales. Then Following up on Modifications and then calling the assigned past due accounts.

The hardest part of the job was not being abl eto help someone stay in – more... there home. The most enjoyable was getting a customer approved for a Modification that would allow them to stay and keep there home – less
Good place to work...
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), North Highlands, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good communication with associates
Cons: continous changes to company policies confuse customers.
The company has too many variables, although very supportive of staff.
Mehhhh
Senior Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee), Evansville, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: some great supervisors
Cons: healthcare, constant change of roles and procedures, no sense of job security with constant layoffs looming
Good days and bad. Something is always changing. They mention this in the interview, but dont go into details. YOUR JOB WILL CHANGE ALMOST MONTHLY! They never give anything a chance. They change it when it doesn't improve on the spot. Annoying to say the least.
Decent
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Fast paced. Some bonuses. Ok job for people right out of college. Would not recommend for someone with experience.
Nice place to work
Employee (Former Employee), USAJune 1, 2014
Good place to work, but can be tough at times. Management needs to focus on the people and the customers rather than themselves.
great company
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: desk job, bankers hours
Cons: higher goals, collections
great leaders, good compensation for your work, selling loans, reaching high goals.
Progressive consumer finance company
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2014
The opportunity to flex thinking, multi-tasking, and customer service muscles is daily available at Springleaf. The environment is both teamwork yet self-motivation to keep up with demands of the company and industry.
Good people to work for but management is terrible
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: industry
Terrible industry to work for and takes advantage of underprivileged people.
Good Job. Excellent benefits
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Beckley, WVMarch 10, 2014
Pros: stable work environment with benefits
I learned the finance business after completing college. I grew as a business professional.

I was a loan officier, cashier, receptionist, collector. Every day varied.
Fun, Fast Paced Work Environment
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Muskogee, OKJanuary 30, 2014
Everyone in the office in friendly and helpful. We strive to provide the best loans that offer the most savings for our customers. It is a full service branch, so we are the point of contact for account questions and payments. The best part of the job is helping people. The most challenging part is finding solutions for delinquent customers.
Loan Officer/Customer account specialist
Senior Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee), Southern Pines NCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: ever increasing demands and goals.
This job requires one to become a master multitasker. It presents the opportunity to meet some very interesting people and lets one share knowledge of finance and credit maintenance.

In my office there are only three of us and at times work can be quite hectic. My coworkers are funny and we all get along very well.

The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is educating people and the sense of accomplishment it brings when they acknowledge the help they have received. – less
springleaf
customer account specialist (Current Employee), plano txDecember 31, 2013
daily, goals, calls, volume. review credit for loan approvals.
I really liked the job I was doing there.
Credit Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 23, 2013
Pros: the company encouraged us to work as a department verses one against the other.
Cons: they changed how we were reviewed, did not sit and review how long it took to do our job, we were not informed of any changes.
I liked my job and my co-workers. The job was very stressful and there were a lot of changes in how we were being reviewed. I learned a great deal there about insurance and processing skills. I also developed skills in reviewing and processing claims.
Challanging fun workplace.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Gadsden, ALJune 17, 2013
Pros: allows for small bonuses and free lunches for the branch when goals are met
Cons: one lunch hour is given. consistant work through day expected with results.
Company been around for 90 years and consistently changes to meet demands for profitability. Good place to work. Can have potential for promotion if you desire. Primarily functions as a Loan office Lending Company with many branches throughout the states. The most challenging is meeting collection demands. Goals can be hard to reach at times due to – more... slow of economy and the time of seasons during a given year. – less
Solid Consumer Finance Company
Senior Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good advancement opportunities
Good office environment. Very good advancement and training opportunities. Good Balance.
Great customers and employees to work with.
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2012
Pros: closed on national holidays, good benfits and pay
Cons: short breaks, not enough training on new procedures
Open office did morning paperwork. Learned how to deal with irrate customers. Management was difficult to get use to due to always getting new managment very often. Great co wrokers to work with,al team players. Enjoyed meeting new customers on a daily basis.
Good Entry Level Job for College Grad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), LouisianaSeptember 2, 2012
Starting pay is pretty good. Questionable practices at times. Not very family oriented. Management makes job seem very demanding. Long hours and some saturdays (every saturday in the months of Nov and Dec). Restricted vacation time schedules.
Good Entry Level Job for College Grad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), LouisianaSeptember 2, 2012
Review
Financial Representative (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
Pros: salary, hours, benefits
Cons: constant solicitation of the same accounts day in and day out
If you dont care about people, only care about yourself, and dont mind preying on people who are trying to get out of debt, this is a great company to work for. What's sad is that you can say the same about any consumer finance company. Training is mediocre at best. Their focus seems to be on meeting your application quota. There is no sense of helping – more... customers. Its approve or not approve then keep it moving. Very impersonal. – less
I enjoyed working here.
Assisting customers, paying bills, filing typing (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great working enviroment.
Cons: getting laid off.
I enjoyed working for Springleaf, I also enjoyed the people I worked with. It was stressful at times but still fun. We helped customers with budgets, loans.