Springleaf Financial Employee Reviews

Loan Sharks who don't really care about customers
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Allentown, paJuly 20, 2015
As a customer be sure to have a plan to pay off before you borrow because employees are paid based on sales and production with little care or time to help the customer understand credit, rates, or how to better their financial future. If you are a used car salesman with a what's in it for me attitude you will love working here. They put the "i" in team and the "f" in management.
Family Oriented
Manager in Training/SR Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJuly 15, 2015
Wonderful work life balance, very little vacation time, difficult to advance, wonderful work hours, no weekends. Enjoy the team that I work with more than any group of people I've ever worked with.
Nice office job
Collector (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 5, 2015
There are no surprises when it comes to working in finance. Just your normal 8-5, Monday to Friday job. The management is hardly ever available because the company believes that multiple meetings every day is what makes progress. Most co-workers are very friendly but you can tell everyone enjoys sitting down all day. Being extremely overweight is not uncommon.
overalll
Financial Representative (Former Employee), dillon scJune 26, 2015
great company there was a fair balance of work life & personal life the training is done well you can grow with this company if you chose to do so. They reward hard word
Loved the girls I worked with but management not so great
SENIOR PERSONAL LOAN SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2015
Part time job so can't expect much. Had plenty of fun with my co-workers but management was mad when I left to further my career and schooling.
good company to work for
Financial Representative (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAMay 6, 2015
To make long term with this job, you have to make your personal loan goal every month. they do work as a team, they work on an individual basis. If you do not make your personal loan goal every month, they will have you resign.
office work
customer account specialist (Former Employee), gainesville, flMay 5, 2015
taking payment for accounts, counting money and balancing at end of day, assisting with loans and paperwork, answering telephone and assisting with customer needs
Loan origination and loan servicing
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Delran, NJApril 28, 2015
My co-workers were great. We assisted each other to accomplish a common goal. We when help someone achieve financial freedom it is a beautiful thing,
fun place to work
Collections (Current Employee), London, KYApril 17, 2015
Pros: good place to work good hours and a fun work environment
Cons: hard to move up
good place to work overall. the company keeps its employees aware of everything and what makes it fun to work there is managers are on top of motivation.
Exciting and new adventures daily
Customer service (Former Employee), Saint Joseph MOMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: lots of phone time
I liked working here because it taught me a lot about finances, title loans, and home mortgages. My co-workers were very helpful and I miss working with them.
Springleaf Financial
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Springleaf consisted of starting the day calling delinquincy, which were customers who had past due payments on their loan accounts. Throughout the day we would take walk-in, over the phone, and faxed applications for loans, the next step would be reviewing the information and deciding whether or not the applicant met the proper requirements to close the loan. If so, the customer would come in the office and we would close the loan with them, which consisted of going over all legal documents and handing them a check.
Able to learn new things
Personal Loan Representative (Current Employee), Thornton, COMarch 1, 2015
Not paid enough for what is expected out of employees. Need to promote more customer service within this company along with teamwork. Feel this company will get better with time and growth.
Misleading during interview
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: health care and a job where the harder you work the more you gain
Cons: hours can change and it not a normal 8-5 or 9-5
The people are great to work with but there is a disconnect between upper management and the rest of the employees. Fun place to work with peers. but management seems disorganized at times.
Good company, laid back work enviornment. Lots of perks
TAM intern (Current Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: minimum supervision
Cons: hard to get out of internship
I enjoyed springleaf. They are very good about bonus checks and "sharing the wealth" when the company does good and I think that is excellent. Just needed better pay, although I was an intern
High Turnover with a District Manager who cares only about himself
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: mostly everything
They fired me supposedly at 90 days when I had only been there about 68 days. They said it was because I was asking questions about things I should have known. I was not trained properly and staff did not take time to train me. Most times It was treated like it was a sin to ask about something I didn't know. The district manager is awful person. The branch I worked at was his home branch. He would come in and sit down at his desk, and stay on his phone all day. As a employee at the branch, he would make demeaning comments about everyone else when they weren't there or about others in his district. he was not respectful and cared only about himself. My coworkers, on the other hand, did the best they could at trying to make you fit in. This company is not a good company to work for. If you don't go in and bonus your first month and start topping out, they will get rid of you as soon as they can.
Fast paced and moderate levels of stress
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Anderson, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: close to my home, easy hours
Cons: stressful, high demands
I come into work, open my cash drawer, take loan applications and close loans. I make numerous solicitation and collection calls. The major part of my day is based on business development and generating new business
great place to work
Personal Loan Specialist/ Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay!! decent hours!
I loved working there. I learned a lot and the company pays for you to get certified for selling supplemental insurance and to obtain your MLO license. Great experience to learn about financial benefits.
Learned valuable skills
General Clerical/ Personal Loan Associate (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXDecember 24, 2014
Very nice place to work, my coworkers and bosses were exceptional.
Fast pace customer service position.
Senior Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: monthly employee contests with lunch expenses paid by the company.
Cons: advancement opportunities
This establishment provides same day review, approvals, and closings on products that meet the need of the client. Through out the years of working for Springleaf I have learned a lot. Evaluating the risk associated with a client, communicate effectively, along with improving my sales skills. I have worked with a great management staff that have guided me in an efficient manner to continue my knowledge of this field. I do not find anything hard with this employer, I enjoy all aspects of my daily activities.
Desk Jockey
Assist people (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 11, 2014
Pros: freedom to make own schedule
Cons: not much room for advancement
answer phones
take care of delinquent accounts
take loan applicatons
address changes, billing questions, ect.