Springs Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Springs Memorial Hospital is a great workplace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 18, 2017
While working at Springs Memorial Hospital, it was a great way for me to provide for my family and made me feel very comfortable to enjoy working in a quick-paced environment.
Productive fun wrk place
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 26, 2016
Great place to work or to settle in an retire.
Great benefits but not very much room to grow or get ahead in life if you are expecting to grow with the economy's pay scale. Hrs get cut a few months out of the year also. To help with budgeting
Pros
Great retirement place
Cons
Does not care about employee needs (can t hours during the worst time of the year)
Great coworkers
Emergency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 19, 2016
Great coworkers made work more fun and worth it. Would have stayed if better work schedule. Enjoyed the support for improvement
productive and fun place to work.
Admitting clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 4, 2016
A typical day at springs hospital is like being around family at home. I have learned a lot from the time I started until now, coworkers are friendly and great to work with. I love the springs family.
Team Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 25, 2016
Great group of nurses and physicians to work with. Team work was really good and I enjoyed everyone working together and helping each other. .
Love my Job, the Pay is terrible
Medical Lab Technician {Generalist} (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 7, 2016
I love my job and all the people I work with. We are like family, but the pay is terrible and not comparable to hospitals 30 min away.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
pay is not comparable to bigger cities
Nice place to work
LMSW, Medical Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 3, 2016
I'm happy to be part of the Springs Memorial team; I work with a Great group of people. I hope I'll be at Springs in the years to come.
Not enough pay for this type of work
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 1, 2016
The department I work in has no teamwork at all. The people are rude and not helpful at all. I am constantly finding myself the only one working and being helpful.
good workplace, place to learn a lot
Medical Records Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCApril 8, 2016
prepare medical records for pt.'s, lawyers office's, other medical facilities learned to purge old charts on a disk, worked well with co-workers, hardest part was purging 2-3 yrs. at a time
Pros
I could go work on the floor as CNA if the census was low to make up hours
Cons
when census was low they would send you home and you would not get 40 hours
Nice place to work until it comes to your personal life
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 13, 2016
I loved my job, up until my Gradmother had gotten sick and she resided in WV. I needed to take my week (2 days) off of work to be with her before Thanksgiving week. The floor manager and supervisors made it a complete big deal out of the situation. Your information is not private, you call out to one supervisor your floor manager is texting you. Then when you arrive back to work everyone on the floor knows your business.
They also changed the CNA ratio to 18:1, which is almost impossible when you are on the cardiac floor. Vitals, are every 4 hours. When you wake someone up to obtain vitals, its not just vitals. They need things, and I understand this concept. Then whenever you're not done in time some nurses have an attitude.
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUNovember 18, 2015
Small, close-knit, family-like work environment that allows you to connect closely with members of the healthcare team as well as other entities within the hospital.
Decent place to work
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 31, 2015
In my opinion for the amount of work they expect you to do they should pay more but majority of the people are friendly. I also feel after you've been there over 3-5 years your pay should increase
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 19, 2015
Great company to work for. Staff works as a team to provide the best care for the patient. Management is there for you. I thoroughly enjoy working at Springs.
Springs Memorial Hospital
Internship for a Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 9, 2015
Being a Spring was great, the patients were great. I did not have any problems here. Here I was a student for a Registered Nurse, my time here was great. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every moment.
Hospital Setting fun and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 6, 2015
I would have to monitor patients that was on heart monitors and check their vital signs also i had to monitor their blood sugars. Working in the hospital on a neuro unit was very fast paced and really busy. All of my co-workers would work together as a team to make our day go by fast.
Good place to work, other coworkers not very nice.
Admission-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 22, 2015
I learned experience in the job I worked, which will help me in the future. It gave me hands on experience for what I went to school for as a Medical Office Assistant.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad coworker attitudes
co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 1, 2015
I work with an excellent team of case managers who are always willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 2, 2014
fast pace work, great co-workers, great management. long hours
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCNovember 4, 2014
assisted my patients with the needs and skills for daily living and activities. Daily charting of patients intakes and outputs, vital signs and FSBS.
Pros
taken care of my patients care and meeting new people.
Cons
the twelve hr. shifts.
face paced environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 24, 2014
assisting patients with nurses and making people feel better when they're sick or hurt was rewarding. Losing patients was sad but helping them go with ease was a blessing
Pros
close to home
Cons
could be stressful when busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Springs Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location