Springs Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work until it comes to your personal life
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 13, 2016
I loved my job, up until my Gradmother had gotten sick and she resided in WV. I needed to take my week (2 days) off of work to be with her before Thanksgiving week. The floor manager and supervisors made it a complete big deal out of the situation. Your information is not private, you call out to one supervisor your floor manager is texting you. Then when you arrive back to work everyone on the floor knows your business.
They also changed the CNA ratio to 18:1, which is almost impossible when you are on the cardiac floor. Vitals, are every 4 hours. When you wake someone up to obtain vitals, its not just vitals. They need things, and I understand this concept. Then whenever you're not done in time some nurses have an attitude.
good workplace, place to learn a lot
Medical Records Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCApril 8, 2016
prepare medical records for pt.'s, lawyers office's, other medical facilities learned to purge old charts on a disk, worked well with co-workers, hardest part was purging 2-3 yrs. at a time
Pros
I could go work on the floor as CNA if the census was low to make up hours
Cons
when census was low they would send you home and you would not get 40 hours
Love my Job, the Pay is terrible
Medical Lab Technician {Generalist} (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 7, 2016
I love my job and all the people I work with. We are like family, but the pay is terrible and not comparable to hospitals 30 min away.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
pay is not comparable to bigger cities
Nice place to work
LMSW, Medical Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 3, 2016
I'm happy to be part of the Springs Memorial team; I work with a Great group of people. I hope I'll be at Springs in the years to come.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 19, 2015
Great company to work for. Staff works as a team to provide the best care for the patient. Management is there for you. I thoroughly enjoy working at Springs.
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUNovember 18, 2015
Small, close-knit, family-like work environment that allows you to connect closely with members of the healthcare team as well as other entities within the hospital.
Decent place to work
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 31, 2015
In my opinion for the amount of work they expect you to do they should pay more but majority of the people are friendly. I also feel after you've been there over 3-5 years your pay should increase
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Springs Memorial Hospital
Internship for a Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 9, 2015
Being a Spring was great, the patients were great. I did not have any problems here. Here I was a student for a Registered Nurse, my time here was great. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every moment.
Hospital Setting fun and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 6, 2015
I would have to monitor patients that was on heart monitors and check their vital signs also i had to monitor their blood sugars. Working in the hospital on a neuro unit was very fast paced and really busy. All of my co-workers would work together as a team to make our day go by fast.
Good place to work, other coworkers not very nice.
Admission-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 22, 2015
I learned experience in the job I worked, which will help me in the future. It gave me hands on experience for what I went to school for as a Medical Office Assistant.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad coworker attitudes
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 2, 2014
fast pace work, great co-workers, great management. long hours
Fast pace and educational
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, South CarolinaMay 6, 2013
I gather any where from 25 to 65 blood specimens from patients throughout the hospital. We collect blood cultures, blood gases, urine, and venous blood from patients in the Emergency Room, ICU, CCU, Nursery, and all floors of the hospital. I have learned tons of new things being a phlebotomist, mainly patience and tons of medical information. I love the fact that it is fast pace and every day is always different.
Pros
in health care
Cons
in health care
fun place to work
Registrar E.R Admissions (Former Employee) –  lancaster south carolinaAugust 6, 2014
I really enjoyed the job! The employees are great and helpful, its face paced. You learn so many things on the job. I was in admissions and Er registrar, I really enjoy the health care career. great way to get your foot in the door of nursing.
Safety and security
Security Site Supervisor (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCSeptember 13, 2012
Enjoy socializing with the people I protected. I would like to get back in to my field of safety and security I missed working with professional staff I learned hoe to cope with different cultures that was very interesting for me.etc.
Pros
free dinners etc...
Cons
healthcare
enjoyable job
RN Critical care Units (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMarch 22, 2014
care for 2-3 patients critical ill
floated to other units offered
management is helpful but can be rude at times
the care for the sweet patients
Is a job to pay the bills
Admitting clerk / Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 8, 2014
I have worked at SMH for 5 years and I have not advanced much. I do not et paid enough to do what I do. I answer the switchboard, Register patient's, enter orders, take copays, call authorizations for outpatient procedure's, register direct admits and labor and delivery patients. I deal with psychiatric patient's, people having strokes and in cardiac arrest.
Pros
discount on phone bill
Cons
not enough staff, too busy for full breaks
face paced environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 24, 2014
assisting patients with nurses and making people feel better when they're sick or hurt was rewarding. Losing patients was sad but helping them go with ease was a blessing
Pros
close to home
Cons
could be stressful when busy
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCNovember 4, 2014
assisted my patients with the needs and skills for daily living and activities. Daily charting of patients intakes and outputs, vital signs and FSBS.
Pros
taken care of my patients care and meeting new people.
Cons
the twelve hr. shifts.
Great place to start off in healthcare.
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 25, 2012
I liked working there, I would have preferred to work in a different department. Also I would have like to recieve more education and training.
Pros
great place to start in healthcare
Cons
no education or training
co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 1, 2015
I work with an excellent team of case managers who are always willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

Springs Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location