Sprint by Wireless Lifestyle

Sprint by Wireless Lifestyle Employee Reviews

Fun Company
Service and Repair Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2015
Pros: Professional, Room for advancement and they will train those who need it.
Cons: High turn-over rate
Very strict and professional. They offer two week training but it's really one before they throw you to the wolves. Also, don't think that you're going to work at one location at all times...they will up root you and move you at any given moment to work at another location without warning
WORST JOB EVER.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cathedral City, CAMarch 17, 2015
They rather hire a manager from outside than promote from within their company. I have no idea how this company is even in business. BIGGEST SCAM.
Professional
SALES SUCCESS (Current Employee), Ceres, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Professional workplace with substantial room for advancement. Temporarily managed store for 5 months while still handling sales associate duties.
Lots of opportunity & lots of work to be done.
Traveling Trainer / Store Manger (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good hourly, commission and bonuses. overtime and lots of opportunity in the country.
Cons: company culture & goals often trump customers best interest at heart.
The company is quickly changing and growing very fast. In my opinion there are lots of small things and lead to bigger things that the company neglects. Overall working here my experience was good and I recommend working here to just about everyone. Benefits are great, cheaper personal mobile plan, opportunities all over the country and opportunity to overtime with great commission checks.

The job is not for everyone though -

cons - Constantly changing, neglecting issues, unfair at times, company culture / goals has metrics more important and often trumping customers best interest at heart
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Monte, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: stand alone store
Cons: pay
Enjoyed working for sprint very good location and store manager. Customer can be very rude in that area. Schedule can be very weird at times because of being low staffed sprint offers to many diffrent plans that makes it very hard to explain all of the them at the same time. This was a authorized dealer not a corporate location
Fun place to work, very flexible
Retail Sales (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: non
The work crew is fun and hands on when teaching you new techniques to make the day easier.
pinnacle club winner 3 years in a row
Store manager/Small business expert (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 20, 2014
quickly accelerated in sales as a rep assistant manager and eventually store manager. Learned the importance of customer service and how to give best customer experience in wireless industry.
Constantly used employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Emporia, KSMay 13, 2014
Upper management constantly took advantage of their sales associates.
Best place I have ever worked.
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Technician (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 6, 2014
Everyday was a new adventure, I would go out and outsell every sales associate at my store. It was always a competition in there and I enjoyed every second of it!
Fun place to work, very laid back
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime; great management
Cons: store was robbed
I didn't work for Sprint corporate. I worked for Wireless Lifestyle, one of the biggest dealers in the nation.
I learned a lot about cell phone plans, how all the different cell phones worked, and even how to take apart and put together a phone in the tech office. My co-workers were always a blast to hang around because we would have fun talking to customers and showing them the latest and greatest.
The hardest part about my job was at one point I was the only sales rep on the floor so I was working 9am to 9pm shifts, but I sure did like the overtime.
They Talk a Big Game
Sales (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: employee discount for accessories
Cons: culture, pay, benefits, management at all levels, computers systems
But don't deliver

Management is poor, no trust in employees, don't value employees at all, and stacked ranking system is designed for failure and only those without integrity survive. Pay structure and "focus" changes constantly. Both their systems and those that are used by Sprint are barely usable and makes transactions take twice as long than needed which upsets customers.
Sales Galore
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: making money at leisure by gift of gab
Cons: standing all day
Really enjoyed my time here but I understand the structure has since changed and they are becoming much like Corporate. Great influential leaders, hard driving sales and promotions, benefits are so-so but your work will show in commission.
Decent pay, chance to advance, poor upper management
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Independence, MOApril 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay, chance to advance
Cons: poor upper management, usually short staffed stores
Decent commission structure. Opportunity to advance. Long hours with short handed staff. Poor communication from upper management outside if the store locations.
Retail environment with emphasis on sales and customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MissouriSeptember 23, 2013
Job challenges your ability to exceed expectations in a competitive sales environment and challenges your ability to think outside the box. Duties include Sales skills, problem solving, inventory management, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Not a bad job!
Sales Associate/Small Business Expert (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOAugust 22, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours
I actually enjoyed working for Wireless Lifestyle for the most part. I worked during a time where there was a lot of inconsistency in management and during a time a new district manager came in. There's definitely good money to be made in this company.... IF you're at a good location. Management for the most part is pretty good, if it's the people that have been with the company for a while. The DM I worked under didn't have a clue what he was doing, so it was a MESS. Co-workers are okay, just like any job. Some are cool, some you don't care for. Hardest part was hitting quotas and high pressure to work long hours that you don't want to. They would call you on your off time and it's almost like you LIVE the job. The best part is you're able to play with technology all day and working for Sprint, there's always a way to help people opposed to other cell phone companies.
Horrible Management with inconsistent policies
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: terrible scheduling, poor management, disorganized leadership
Worst place I have ever worked. The managers don't make schedules for the next week until the night before. You basically have to beg to have any schedule accommodation. Saturdays are mandatory and the company forces you to use vacation time to take a Saturday off. They also love to adjust your hours so they don't have to pay out overtime by forcing employees to leave early or arrive at work late.
Productive,competitive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate/ Small Business Expert (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work involves opening or closing duties, selling to meet a quota, I've learned many management skills and leadership skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling and learning about all the new technology, and coaching customers about the new technology. Management tries their best to provide a flexible schedule and the coworkers all get along and coach each other on how to meet metrics.For the most part the job is not difficult, it's all about product knowledge and customer service.
fun evironment
Service & Repair Technician (Former Employee), El Monte, CAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: boring
i learned to fix cell phones. the company is just starting out. they are constantly expanding

April 2, 2013

Don't waste your time trying to work for Wireless Lifestyle, they lie to you and you have store quotas and individual quotas that are impossible tor reach. Your put through training on a P.C. then your out on the floor with expectations that the customers are the main focus, when in reality it's the company's sales and your quotas. Don't fail to miss your quotas in two consecutive months and you'll be looking for another job.

Get your experience and move on
Store Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: good pay in certain stores
Cons: high stress
Wireless Lifestyle has grown immensely in the previous couple years. When I came on board it was only about 30 stores, and the stress level was manageable. They started expanding really fast, so a lot of people got put in positions they weren't ready for. They like to say they promote from within, but the majority of the time for district management positions they would hire from outside.

The most common "course" was that someone would be a store rep, get promoted to Assistant Store Manager (due to that store's ASM moving to another store as a Retail Store Manager), then eventually get moved themselves to another store as an RSM. And very frequently, these people didn't last more than 3-6 months in that position before they were fired for their store missing quotas. It was also common that ASM's and even some store reps were making more than RSM's, due to the commission structure.

The district managers would fire people so frequently (three strikes and you're out, but commonly much less benefit of the doubt), that your own staff would get moved to other stores on a very frequent basis. That's pretty common for any retail environment, but moreso here. Even DM's would get dumped on a pretty frequent basis. It seems like all the time, a lot of people were worried for their jobs. I also saw some very good RSMs get fired for questionable reasons.

Eventually towards the end, they started changing so many policies, and a 40-50 hour manager workweek became close to 60 or 70 if you did everything they asked of you. As an RSM, I never really had a day off, and frequently had to come – more... in on my days off to handle the fact that they severly understaffed my store based on the traffic.

They recently had a class action lawsuit due to unpaid overtime/wages, which was also an issue due to the demands of the job/quotas and understaffing. Pay was decent if you had a store with decent quotas, but then they started finding ways to deduct a lot of your bonus or commissions based on external factors out of your control.

If you work here as a rep and have a good store manager and district manager, you'll do okay. If you come on as a manager, expect a lot of unnecessary stress and minimum 60 hour workweeks if you have a less-than-stellar DM.

This is a good job for someone who wants to work in wireless but doesn't have much experience, as places like AT&T or Sprint corporate, who pay much better, would be harder to get into. Get some good experience and keep your eye out for other opportunities, because they're definitely out there and will provide you a less stressful, higher pay, generally better job. – less
High Stress High Rewards
Store Manager (Former Employee), El Monte, CAJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: values, pay, structure, and mangement
Cons: high stress
Great place to work at. Wireless Lifestyle lives off of their Core Values which are:

1. Integrity
2. Customer Focus
3. Exceed Expectations
4. Growth
5. Respect
6. Optimism

I don't really have anything negative to say about this company other than it's high stress. Even on my days off I didn't really have a day off. But the pay was well worth it and the benefits are great as well.

Sprint by Wireless Lifestyle Salaries