Sprint Store by ArchTelecom

Sprint Store by ArchTelecom Employee Reviews

A terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2016
Stay away from them and stick with a corporate location theses people are scam artists.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits really
Constant Fear Isn't Away To Run A Company
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJuly 15, 2016
I came into Arch Telecom with my sights on achieving big things. Unfortunately did not work out that way.

The main issue is the company for some reason put all it's faith in that female DM that has all ready been brought put in a previous review. She unfortunately is mentally unstable and openly talks about the medication she is on. She uses fear, intimadation, and often yelling and screaming. It's an environment that you can not work or grow in.

She has driven away countless sales reps,managers, and a fellow DM. Stay away from NJ/NY as long as she is here.

The other part of the job that is not great is even on you days off your expected to be in contact with the store. It's retail hours and they truly don't care if you have a family. No really benefits either.
Pros
Cons
Out of Control DM
job was good but no room for advancement
Location manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 16, 2016
Job was good fun and challenging and i was good at it. This company has A LOT of micro-management going on though. The day to day is easy and care free if your good at making money. district managers there are awesome and helpful. There were many drawbacks to the job though, for starters the commission was based on too many uncontrollable variables and the company would often take a large portion of bonus/commission with nothing i could have done to avoid it. Also upper Management is a problem, ultimately they ended up making the job MORE difficult. its not a company you want to work for long term.
Pros
easy job, fun, great district managers
Cons
no room for advancement, difficult upper managment, Commission/bonus often pentilized
Worst job ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 4, 2016
The only part of this job I enjoyed was the scenery and the paycheck. Iv been told over and over that if I got my numbers up that I would be given the Asst Mgr, Iv had my numbers up higher than most and was still never given that position. So advancement is irrelevant, unless you come in as an assistant, manager or higher.

Then also expected me (a sales representative) to train every employee that recycled through, while doing the work of a manager, which we never had. Management is never on top of their priorities; me and one other employee was left to work open to close every day for months because it was only us two without no management but expected us to keep up with other stores that consisted of 5 or more employees. Then once we did receive a manager, he put my whole business out (personal info, background check, etc) to other employees in the mall, my customers whom requested me,etc.

So if your looking for a job or a new/additional line of service, i would NOT recommend going through Archtelecom.
Cons
management or lack thereof
Fun place to work for. Got to drive new cars every day.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJuly 9, 2016
It was great working for Jack Key Motors. Management was very helpful and professional. Co worker were fun to work with.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Working outside in the desert.
Bad company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NjDecember 12, 2016
They Suck period!..just dont like some of the staff.they found ways to deduct your Commission. The rate of pay is no good.once u make them money Its Bye to you.
Pros
Lots of ways to win products
Cons
Out side working to get customers in your store
Company requires much versatility
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJSeptember 21, 2016
Arch is an awesome company to work for. I gained the majority of my knowledge of the telecommunications field of work while employed with Arch Telecom. The most enjoyable aspect of my experiences with Arch was the feeling of successfully repairing a customers cellular device to their standard. (Some people feel empty without their phone)
Pros
pay
Cons
Angry Angry PEOPLE (broken phones)
don't even apply
Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 20, 2016
this was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. not a good place for you if you are a minority. you get written up for everything while your peers succeed and everyday you have to worry if your going to get fired or not. that's why I quit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks u never see a commission check
worst company and no room for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 7, 2016
during the interview process, they glamorize the position and make it better than it seems. Majority of the time there are no sales going on and they keep pushing to go out and flyer nonsense regardless of weather. the female district manager is very rude and has no respect for anyone in the company. She slanders your name and does not care. do not work for this company
It's a job...
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 17, 2012
Co-workers are friendly. Middle management is great. Upper management not as open to keeping employees happy and working with them to come to a reasonable compromise on problem solving; this was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was a very lucrative commission structure on top of an hourly wage. I learned how to more efficiently manage my time out on the sales floor while also getting done all of the behind the scenes work (training, emails, followups and calling customers back). This company does not offer healthcare benefits to their sales representatives, only middle-management, technicians, and up.

A typical day at work is energetic, fast-paced, and requires you to stay on your toes. You work with a lot of different clientele, which requires you to often times change the way you talk to a person in order to make them feel comfortable.
Will not talk
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 26, 2015
I have nothing positive to say about working there. The work culture or the management they have. It's a clicky place to work and things that happen are not proper.
Arch Telecom, Anaheim
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 16, 2015
Overall the management at Arch Telecom is a "get it done" style, and are less concerned about running strict schedules. If you come in early great, if you stay late great, if you have to leave early great, just get the job done.

Compensation seems to be fair for jobs.

Overall environment is good.
Pros
Free Lunch on Thursday, flexible if you've a family.
Cons
Upper management is pretty much locked in, so no room for growth.
I learned a lot!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY, USAJuly 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive upper Management Team. Lots of ways to make extra money beyond salary and monthly bonus. Good training program for new hires as well.
Pros
Lots of contests, personal commission on sales, large monthly store bonuses
Cons
Lots of product training, promos are always changing, no 401k
Fake Reviews
Slave to my RSD and VP (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 8, 2014
First off let me start by saying upper management requested all mid level management to take the time a post a good comment about Arch Telecom. So remember when you see "LOVE IT", EXCELLENT" "BEST PLACE TO WORK" Its all lies and smoke and mirrors.

Any comment from the Mid Atlantic Market is probably fake. This group of people are known as the untouchables because they worship the VP of Sales who also is out of the Mid Atlantic Market. Lets not forget the VP married one of the DM's and she gets away with whatever she wants. The Director of Training, well lets just say he could not get a real training job at a real company. Again he is buddies with the VP. Remember the old saying "Its not what you know, but who you know" That should be Arch Telecoms slogan.

Now don't get me wrong if you are a aggressive sales rep or a manager that can sell sell sell, you will do well here. Employee turn over is so high the recruiting department interviews dozens of people a day.

Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for a job. Its not a career choice you want to make.

This review is coming from a mid level manager that just can't stand the lies anymore. But don't get me wrong I will still collect a paycheck until I find something else.
Pros
Discount on accessories
Poor Ethics, Disregard for their Employees
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  WAApril 12, 2013
Its a decent job. With time you will realize the company doesn't really care about their employees. You can never work overtime, even if you worked overtime they will EDIT your time clock to an even 40 hours. They will encourage you to do things you may morally disagree with, over time it may even change who you are. This company pays well, but doesn't offer benefits (except management), and expects a lot from their employees. There were a lot of nice people but the ethics of the company itself and the decisions the corporate leaders make, always seemed to give the lower employees the short end of the stick.

The wireless industry in general is great though. If you are reading this I encourage you to pursue a job in the wireless industry. You have to really be able to talk to people though, and be at least a little knowledgeable about technology. If you can do both of those things, you will make good money, and probably have a good time doing it. Make sure you find an employer that doesnt stress you out, the job itself can already get frustrating. Good Luck. :)
Pros
cheaper phone service, leniency about long lunches and breaks, good pay
Cons
high expectations, they will literally edit your hours and not pay you for any overtime you work, poor attitude
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYJanuary 1, 2016
Great place to work the children are wonderful the pay is decent the owner and the managers are awesome great benefits was working a internship here
Pros
pay
Cons
intern
Difficult environment to grow in
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, Ma, Fitchburg, Ma and Springfield, MaSeptember 16, 2013
This is a retail environment that uses many "negative" sales motivational tools. There is little upward mobility within the company and the pay scale would be subpar by most people's standards.
Pros
It is a commission, although that could be better, so there is opportunity to increase compensation
Cons
Negative management tactics, weak benefits and compensation
ok for a first time job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville CentreApril 30, 2015
they pay you're hourly rate, but you basically learn everything on your own unless you're lucky to have a helpful manager. Since headquarters is located in California, they don't really consider weather conditions on the west coast. I have been called to work along with my store manager during a snow blizzard where everyone was skidding on the highways even 4WD cars. they demanded that every store has to be opened, if not then those who did not show will be penalized and possibly fired. Arch deals with a lot of pop-up stores and since business wasn't doing as well as they hoped they closed all the stores in a certain location without any warning. therefore a lot of people were left without jobs or even time to look for another job so they would not have any breaks in their incoming money. A lot of people who worked in these stores have families and children to care for and losing this job was a hard hit in their income.
Bad Move
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  BrooklynJanuary 2, 2015
Company is horrible to work for. Lack of training and culture. Does not pay out properly and is a complete waste of time. Do not recommend. Management does not train and your on a constant limbo to gather information to help learn the system. The company is moving at the pace of the stone age on how to be successful.
Low hourly pay with ripoff commission scale. Lots of expectations too.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 7, 2014
First off, you start off at minimum wage. Virtual training was extensive and non beneficial for me. Enjoyable at first until upper management puts the pressure on. Love my co-workers by the way.

So the commission scale goes as follows:
9% of gross profit
12% of gp
15% of gp

To get the first tier, you have to sell a certain amount per hour. Even if you sell a whole lot, but work overtime to close the store or whatever the case may be, you lose money in commission. Company will put in place many expectations to take away commissions randomly. Takes 3 months to get first commission check.

Stick with corporate jobs, take my advice and do not work for this 3rd party company. Scam Artists.
Pros
Willing to work around schedule, coworkers, customers
Cons
Manangement, expectations, pay, commission stealers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprint Store by ArchTelecom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9