Sprint
3,064 reviews

Sprint Employer Reviews

Not a fun JOb very stressing.
Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: comission extra money
Cons: you have a quota
A typical day at work is slow but at time busy and stressful sometimes. I learned how different costumers are and how to have patience. My mangers were nice but I don't think they know how to manage a store and deal with employees. My coworkers were fun to work with but there is a lot of competition. The hardest part of the job was making your quota trying not to get fired is not a secured job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and get to help them.
Exlent
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Different
Cons: Super
Super

Extent

we feel configurable

Alot of Work i learn here

A typical day

management

I Confirm...............................................
...........
.........
.............\
.............
credit compliance representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 29, 2015
Pros: schedule preference
Cons: benefits
Employment at Iqor as a Sprint representative taught and strengthen different skills. Learned how to explain and advise customers of the options available to them specifically. Had experience in different departments as a Sprint employee. Such as tech to troubleshoot phones, customer service, finance and credit. The systems that the company used were user friendly and easy to accomplish the various tasks of the day. The environment was friendly and co workers worked as a team to ensure that the every member was well educated about anything new within the company.
Loud and fast paced
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: a lot of stealing was going on`
i answered inbound calls and solved problems like data coverage and sales. I learned CST which is the computer program that sprint uses. management was very helpful and supportive. my co-workers were multi-culture and helpful also. The hardest part was learning the CST program. Once learned the program I enjoyed helping the customers.
Great learning experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greenfield, WIMarch 29, 2015
Fun job to work with people, gained a lot of experience and skills.
I learned how to better manage my time and obtain more selling opportunities.
Entertainment Industry Giant takes a toll
Director of Ticketing (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Cons: Hours
While working for an entertainment giant taught me a lot about mutl-taksing and events, it also taught me that I need a balance between work and life. While I did enjoy most everyone I worked with, and all the clients I worked for, the hours and expectations were overwhelming.
Great earning potential
Lead Retail Consultant (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORMarch 27, 2015
Pros: A lot of money to be earned.
Cons: Requires you to be married to your job.
This can be an amazing job depending on your manager. If you are someone who wants an uncapped income and you are in your 20's this is the job for you. If you are looking for a career this is not the first option I would give you. Hard work is not always what is recognized, but your willingness to push as many products on a given customer. It isn't always the most honest field to work in.
productive and fun workplace
Lead Retail Consultant (Former Employee), tallahassee, floridaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: earning potential is unlimited
Cons: long hours
long hours filled with calling and setting appointments with potential clients. open door policy with managers that love to think outside the box
productive and enjoyable.
sales associate (Current Employee), queens, nyMarch 26, 2015
I love working at sprint great environment and great people. Hard work truly does pay off but its an easy environment to feel like its enjoyable.
View from headquarters
Financial Analysis Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Compensation is competitive
A very dysfunctional culture. Decisions are drawn out until a fire drill is necessitated. Actual executive behavior is often contrary to stated company goals. Sprint continues to contract in size therefore limiting advancement opportunities. Almost no training is available to employees. There is no learning culture at Sprint so the same mistakes are made repeatedly especially after the not infrequent reorganizations. Because of the dysfunctional culture most employees have had to disengage to protect their emotional health.
Common Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Sales Commission
Cons: None
Flexibility, great summer job, provided assistance to client's cell phone accounts while utilizing updated equipment.
Fun and Crazy
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMarch 25, 2015
If you like dealing with customers who either love or hate you this is the place for you.

Constant customer issues

Good team members
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free sprint phone line
Cons: high turn over
Inbound call center
Learned by best customer service skills from their training
Everyone works well together
Hardest part is dealing with irate customers
Most enjoyable part of job is the bonuses
Productive workplace with no room to grow
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Flexiable, great learning experience
Cons: No room to grow, drama among employees
A typical work day consists of picking up from where you left off the previous work day. First, I call back any customers that have made purchases from me to ask them if they had any questions or concerns with their device. A lot of the time I have been left to clean up after others in terms of paperwork, this is due to an unorganized office. I've made improvements to the store to fix this issue. I strive for a leadership position, but I do not see myself growing within this company. The knowledge I have obtained is substantial nonetheless. Before working at Sprint, I lacked the ability to sell and communicate at level that is required among most sales positions. And the credit is due to management itself, I was trained very well. My decision to move on from this company is ultimately because of the fact that I have seen much drama between employees that conflict with business. I have zero-tolerance for drama among employees and to make matters worse there have been occasions where customers have seen such happenings. This means lost opportunity's for the company. The hardest part about the job would have to be obtaining certain phones that we have run out of, from other stores. Usually when we run out of phones it is because they are in high demand which means that depending on the traffic of other stores, they may or may not have it. Sales Consultants can't order at will from the manufacturer, so we have drive to other stores in the district and transfer them to our store. This all results in time lost and profit that could be had. I'd have to say that the most enjoyable part of the job would be the customer experience. That is where I truly put my skills to the test and in turn I am I've gained much knowledge. Sprint is a great learning experience for me and I've met wonderful people and made great memories I'll remember forever.
Years of employment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Central FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fast paced and ever changing
Cons: limited opportunity
Sprint has been a solid company to have a career with over the years. Recently, times have been tough and upward advancement has been nonexistent.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sr. Java Developer/Lead (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2015
I have got lot of things from this organization. And this is the most enjoyable part in my life. And my co workers are very awesome and they helped me alot to get new things and have shared many things from them.
Great work/life balance.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Ability to work remotely from home
Cons: Little ability for corporate job unless you move to KC.
Sprint is a great company which allows a hard working individual to start at the ground floor and promote internally. You will enjoy your co-workers, and Sprint makes a point to ensure managers are fair and employees are happy. The hardest part of the job is the call center routine, and the most enjoyable part of the job are the people you meet while working there.
No comments regarding Sprint.
Systems Integrator II (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 23, 2015
Sprint hired me and I was well compensated. I appreciate the time I was there.
Very busy 12 hour days. Constant multi-tasking.
I did learn a lot and always wanted to learn at least one thing new every day and usually came close.
My immediate manager was great - knew the job, a good people person and very intelligent. Never got the feeling my second level manager knew what we did. Our latest District manager did not know who we were or what we were responsible for.
Most of the time we were just 'putting out fires' as our numbers had been reduced.
Managing the work was hard. Trying to research a technical issue while answering user requests and questions.
It was a challenge nearly every day and being the competitive person I am (I do not like to lose), I felt like I won most days.
Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMarch 23, 2015
Sprint Corporation, commonly referred to as Sprint, is a United States telecommunications holding company that provides wireless services and is also a major global Internet carrier. It is the third-largest[citation needed] U.S. wireless network operator as of February 2015, and serves 55.9 million customers as of 2015.[5] In addition to the Sprint brand, the company offers wireless voice, messaging, and broadband services through its various subsidiaries under the Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Assurance Wireless brands, as well as wholesale access to its wireless networks to mobile virtual network operators. The company is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. In July 2013, a majority of the company was purchased by Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank Corporation,[6] although the remaining shares of the company continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange.

Sprint traces its origins to the Brown Telephone Company, which was founded in 1899 to deploy telephone service to the rural area around Abilene, Kansas. In 2006, Sprint exited the local landline telephone business, spinning those assets off into a newly created company named Embarq, which later became a part of CenturyLink. The company continues to be one of the largest long distance providers in the United States.

Prior to 2005, the company was also known as the Sprint Corporation, but took the name Sprint Nextel Corporation when it merged with Nextel Communications that year. In 2013, following the shutdown of the Nextel network and concurrent with the acquisition by SoftBank, the company returned to – more... using simply Sprint Corporation. In July 2013, as part of the SoftBank transactions, Sprint acquired the remaining shares of wireless broadband carrier Clearwire Corporation which it did not already own.

On August 6, 2014, it was announced that CEO Dan Hesse would be replaced by Marcelo Claure, effective August 11, 2014. Claure is the founder and former CEO of wireless supplier Brightstar. On February 2, 2015, it announced to buy out and co-brand all RadioShack locations, which includes liquidation and Chapter 11 bankruptcy of RadioShack as a company whole, according to the Bloomberg Report. – less
Learning workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FlMarch 22, 2015
Pros: commission
I learned of information about recent phone technology and software, and have to keep up to date with current technology.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sprint

Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more – Read more

Sprint Salaries