Sprint Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,269 reviews matching the search
It could be worse
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2016
That's the feeling that I carried for a while. The management (district manager, store manager) was ABYSMAL when I first started. They have made strides in listening to pain points and hiring the right people for the job.

Sprint is still a cross-eyed, cousin-kissing, crossbreed between a horse and a cow patty when it comes to paying people. I have witnessed individuals who have performed FAR FAR FAR higher than the mean expectation be rewarded for their effort with "oops, I guess my metrics messed up and you dont get paid". That was an excuse used several months in a row for a particular individual.
Pros
management at regional and district levels have improved!!
Cons
pay structure is below industry average --
5 Star Cellular was very unprofessional
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 15, 2016
The company was very unprofessional. A typical day at work included selling phone and accessories. Some months, we didn't receive commission due to their last minute changes in commission eligibility requirements. The company never had a steady commission guideline. It changed every month which caused a lot of confusion. Management also speak to you with disrespect.
Pros
interview process was easy
Cons
unprofessional environment
Great Company with unstable management.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2016
This is a great company with lot of history! Last decade the company has been struggling to come out of the rut. The new CEO is doing the best he can to turn the ship around.

I really enjoyed my typical work even though it was hectic and haywire because I was in the position where I am was able to make a difference.

The hardest part of the job is to make the senior management see the obvious and make the right decision.
Pros
free phone service
Cons
management
Great co-workers -company ok
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 6, 2016
Productive workplace with great work environment. The call center was forced to close after 18 years in the Rio Rancho, NM location. It was a complete surprise when the call center was number one in Customer Satisfaction 12 years in a row enterprise wide. We were advised it due for a push to have customers do self assist online. Offline work was forwarded to overseas to another country due to cheaper pay.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Push to meet and exceed overall enterprise work goals regardless of customer satisfaction
Great entry level position and growth
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2016
A typical day includes speaking with customers about current promotions, receiving shipments, taking payments, keeping the work space clean and helping customers with any questions or concerns they may have. It is a fast pace competitive environment because it is a commission paid position. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high momentum of customer flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am helping concerned customers and working as a team with my coworkers.
Pros
Free service, discounts, 401K, Paid Time Off
Cons
Lunch hour is our rush our, rude customers
An aggressive and non-compassioanate environment
Telecommunications Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
In general I get it. If your are a consultant here you have to sell. That requires work and clever tactics in this day and age of the "Cell Phone". Every job requires a lot of work, but I have never worked for a company that will use you as much as Sprint and be willing to throw you away so quickly. This company is not the greatest to work for on the front line.
Pros
Free cell phone service
Cons
Compensation, Sales goals, Work Environment
High Pace work environment
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 23, 2016
My work day included taking phone calls from customers who needed help with their accounts, which consisted of cancellations, billing, tech support and even believe or not sometimes therapist. I learned how to resolve issues with a limited amount of time. I had really wonderful co-workers who would assist you if there was an issue you weren't able to solve. The hardest part of my job was getting phone calls from customers who would try to get a bit personal and there was nothing you were able to do but sit and listen. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was able to help a customer with an issue they thought was unsolvable.
Fairly decent place to work.
Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 24, 2016
I initially began work at Sprint (nee Nextel) in 1999 as a documentation specialist. After the merger with Sprint, my position was eliminated and I went to work in the Legal Department as a legal analyst. I learned a lot about frequency management and licensing. Management at my level was pretty much hands off in the sense that I had a certain amount of autonomy with my day to day responsibilities. My co-workers were team players and we all contributed to get the tasks at hand done.
Pros
Great benefits, nice employee perks, flexible work schedule
Cons
Compensation (after merger). no advancement potential
A Typical Work Day
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 28, 2016
As a Lead technical consultant I am faced with how to deal with customers on a daily basis.
My mgt. staff changes due to the nature of the business so
change with my company is always prevalent.
I would say the hardest part of my job is how to interpret my findings with our customers device(s). How they respond to what I have told them and the actions we need to take to resolve the issue(s).
The most enjoyable part of my job is, taking care of the customers needs. Seeing that, after all the calls to customer care were not in vain and I or a member of our staff were able to help them.
Pros
Helping our customers
Cons
Dealing with customers who may be difficult
Challenging and Ever changing Enviornment
Enterprise Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 8, 2016
Most enjoyable parts of the job were the challenges to resolving the daily issues and feeling that sense of accomplishment. Telecommuting was available which allowed quicker responses to these issues. With the numerous systems used at the company there was always opportunity to learn more with each issue, or just daily requirements.
Pros
Telecommuting, multiple skillsets, benefit package
Cons
Ever changing eviornment job stability is always in question
Exceptional Learning Company
INDIRECT SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATION (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2016
Working at Sprint was a challenge but looking back I wouldn't have wanted to work for any other company. I was one of the original crew members to start selling cell phones from Sprint in the Knoxville area. With any new company, it takes a couple of years to make all divisions work. I had the opportunity to work with several different areas within the United States and meet and work with talented sales personnel. As competitive as that industry is, learning and taking classes was a normal everyday part of the job.
Pros
free phones and plans, travel, meeting people
Cons
change of CEOs, long hours
Fun environment with flexible schedule
RETAIL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 12, 2016
Working at Sprint was a fun job. Everyday you get to work get your register and computer ready to start your shift. The day included speaking to customers and building relationships to understand what their needs were. I learned sales and how trends change everyday. Store management was awesome. The hardest part of the job was selling and keeping up with quotas that are constantly increasing when customer buying was decreasing due to lack of cell towers in the area. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers because they kept work fun even when it was not so fun.
Pros
Employee plan discounts
Cons
District manager wanting more and more
Rapidly Changing, Exciting, and Developing
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2016
A day is never dull. The environment is rapidly changing and evolving, usually to greater and better results. Every day is a new lesson. It is a rewarding, developing, and interesting job. This job requires inner drive and enthusiasm. It also requires adaptability while juggling many tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the impact and influence one individual on many people. Watching other people thrive, develop, and grow is essentially the fruit of the labor.
Good pay, pretty chaotic.
Host (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 17, 2016
First of all, the surprise meetings you get a text about at 10:30 at night then got in hot water when you weren't there.
Then, the surprise meetings that you show up to and wait for an hour while management doesn't even show up.
The pay was great but the commissions were garbage. The times where I sold MORE products, I got less commission than if I had sold hundreds of dollars less.
You deal with some of the meanest, nastiest people. But you deal with some pretty great and interesting ones too.

It was a good job and I loved it.
Look it up, b!
Advanced Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
Did you pull up the doc in CST?

I bet you didn't.

Training was long and drawn out. Wasn't hands-on enough, so most people are clueless when they hit the floor.
Great and fun-ish place at times.
Just not enough pay. Decent, but still not enough for a family man.
Pros
Gym, Laid back atmosphere, Deli-like store, Decent benefits, Virtually no dress code, Some overtime available
Cons
Low-Average Starting Pay, Takes months before you'll see commission, Training that doesn't help much
Not very family friendly
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2016
The benefits were good and the pay was ok, but when it came to concerns with family the company could care less in my opinion. My 2 yr old cousin was murdered and I had to fight with management for 3 days to get the day off because they were more concerned with staffing needs. Not only that but some of the management there were not very helpful.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
not family friendly and managment was understaffed
Enjoyed it a lot
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJuly 16, 2016
Loved working with Sprint. Couldn't stay with the company because they wanted me to transfer 40 minutes away and I couldn't move because of my lease and schooling. Felt betrayed but school was too important and I couldn't break my lease. Very complicated situation but essentially I moved for this job and then after working for them a couple months they needed to move people around and I couldn't move.
Pros
Good Pay, People Were Friendly, Loved the Job.
Cons
Management changed three times in two months
Sprint is a great company that is finally moving toward success in customer retention.
Regional Manager, Service and Repair (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 13, 2016
Sprint has decentralized marketing and sales and moved those functions into the individual regions. Allowing the regions to control marketing and sales promotions and strategies allows them to customize offers in specialty markets such as the Rio Grande Valley. Sprint is on the right track to attract and retain its customers because the network is solid and the customer service has improved greatly.
Pros
Excellent time off accruals and flexibility to take time when needed.
Cons
The health benefits and 401k matching have been reduced significantly.
Self-motivation Needed
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2016
There is money to be made with this company, but you must be self motivated. The plans and services change every couple of weeks, and the compensation structure along with it at times.

The main con to working here is the stability. They want instant results and success. If you cannot achieve this in a few months, they are already looking for you immediate replacement. This seems like a normal business model with most companies, but it is volatile when they don't provide ample training before expecting these results. I turned down several opportunities for advancement for this very reason.
Pros
Make your own money
Cons
Constant changes and employee turn-over. Very unstable leadership.
IoT Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2016
Extremely challenging environment with little-to-no support or professional development. The company is only focused on fast, short-term gains and no long-term strategy or longevity. Brand and Marketing is sole focus and everything else is prioritized and weighted with little-to-no resources and managed on a shoe-string budget.