The Bakery Clerk works in the Bakery Department, preparing, baking, packaging, pricing, and merchandising cakes, pies, rolls, muffins, breads and other baked goods. This position assists customers with our bakery products and services, providing an excellent customer service experience. The Bakery Clerk keeps all store bakery cases stocked and clean.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides friendly and prompt service to customers; answers questions and assists with locating products and placing special orders.
- Ensures cleanliness of bakery aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of spills, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Stocks, fills, and faces and ensures tag and pricing accuracy.
- Examines the rotation of all bakery products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Prepares various bakery foods; includes using the appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being made.
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years Bakery experience or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Natural foods experience helpful.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Requires current food handlers permit.
- Minimum of 18 years or older.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of between 5 - 40 lbs.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Must be able to use wrapper.
- Work involves controlled temperatures, including ovens and freezers.
Indeed - 12 months ago