The Rate and Contract Administrator is a detailed process oriented associated who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations as it pertains to carrier rates and contract administration. This includes management of all third party contracts to include cross docks, carriers, and 3PL logistics providers. Further, this associate is responsible for creating and updating rate negotiations within the “Master” rate data base for Truckload, LTL, NVOCC, small pack, container, less than container, rail and any and all other modes necessary. From time to time this associate will perform network and lane rate analysis to help understand the impact of costs associated with varying rates.
Essential Job Functions
- Expertise in data base management.
- Demonstrated experience in third party carrier, cross dock, warehouse contract management.
- Recent experience in transportation management systems (TMS).
- OS&D experience preferable.
- Negotiate rates with third party carriers and other logistics providers.
- Demonstrated experience in “Best In Class” customer services skills.
- Lead and implement various projects and transportation initiatives simultaneously as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three to Five years of experience in business, supply chain, distribution centers and/or logistics.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations preferable.
- Knowledge of tractors, trailers, and other transportation equipment preferable.
- Knowledge of geography
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent projects, multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, preserve confidential information, be reliable, dependable and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment and comply with strict timelines.
- This position will work in a distribution center.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Performing other physical activities such as reaching, bending and climbing.