Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Found 1,002 reviews matching the search
Lack Of Support From Management...Hostile Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Terrible Experience Working For Sprouts...Equipment Needed To Perform Job Either Not Available Or Not Functional...No Support From Corporate Or Regional Or Store Management To Maintain Department Standards
good environment just low standards and faulty team morale
Cashier, Deli and Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  ABQ, NMAugust 19, 2017
job life at sprouts is rewarding to the fact that the environment is positive and the community is nice. the core standards that the company sets up are lacking discipline and follow through effort.
too many up and downs
Cashier to Head Cashier to Senior Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 19, 2017
go in and start my position right away.
I have learned a lot from this company. there a lot ups and downs to this company at every location. you will lose hours if the company don't make what is called "Pay Roll". Meaning the company doesn't make their expected sale for that week. So everyone suffers by losing their hours, which is a struggle.
Sorry to say but management lies. they tell you, oh everyone should be getting their hours in a few weeks. but when that few weeks is up and there is no improvement, then we have no hours.
No space is the hardest part.
No team work.
customers are most enjoyable, because we do have a lot of regulars that come into the store. most of the customers are pleasant.
Pros
Cons
too many favorites, your hours will get cut drastically
Fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 18, 2017
Sprouts is an overal good company to work for, the only downside is you often get people who only care about creating drama. It's a busy place so you must be quick on your feet
Pros
Discount
Cons
Coworkers
No training for any positions
4th Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 18, 2017
Although I enjoy working for the company and enjoy the people I work with, I do not like that they give no actual training. They instead throw you into a position
Pros
store discounts, employee appreciation
Cons
no training, hard for promotions
to long of a commuate for lack of hours in work schedule.
Senior Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2017
Extreme on micro management, inconsistent with hours, too few hours in a work week, and found the upper management to be bitter. Work environment I found to be depressing. Time flew by because of the work pace. Customers were most enjoyable.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Too few hours
It can be a fun place to work but also hard to pay the bills because hours change from week to week.
Senior Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
My biggest complaint is the cutting of hours. I've gone from 40 hours/week down to 30 over the last year. That's a big chunk of what I make. They cut hours but still expect the same productivity. Also, the health benefits are pretty expensive, about $37/week, although I am glad to have them.
Productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2017
Productive work place, providing customers with fast and friendly service. Listening and helping customers them with their concerns or needs of product in the store. Management is good. There is really no hard part of the job, The most enjoyable would be working with customers you see on a daily basic.
Pros
15% empolyee discount
Cons
not schheduled enough hours
enjoyed working there
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. yes it could be stressful at times but what job isn't. I enjoyed getting to know alot of my customers. I learned alot about different cheeses that I had never heard of. The Store Manager was always easy to talk to , and he really cared about his employees and had an open door policy
Pros
the store management was great, store discount
Cons
the pay isnt always great
good place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 16, 2017
Work was a good environment great team members. Work was fast paced and allowed the day to progess in a similar fashion. Would work at this company again.
Do not apply here
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2017
This is the worst company to work for. The management team treats you bad. They scream at you and expect you to do more work than physically capable. Thier approach to teaching you is throwing you in and if you do not do it right they write you up. The benifits are not that good. They over work you and under pay you. They cut hours to make budgets for bonuses but get upset if there are not enough people to work because they cut everyones hours.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare, vaction takes forever to acculiate, treates poorly, unappreciated
Exciting experience
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 16, 2017
This is a good company to work for. These types of stores (natural grocery chains) tend to have needy Customers. Depending where you're at, favoritism happens. Pretty laid back atmosphere where many take advantage of. It's a good place to work, with opportunity if you WORK for it.
Pros
Weekly pay, (2) 15 minute breaks, paid time off, benefits.
Cons
Favoritism, management slow to react to non performing personel, lack of communication at all levels from corporate to store level. Major lack in training programs.
Fast-paced job; that is feasible if not stressful
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXAugust 16, 2017
While it didn't last long, because of the fact that it was a retail job, and those aren't exactly my "type", it was a better job. better, if only due to the fact that i had fixed hours, instead of being on-call. the only problem was why i was hired as well as the time of year i was hired-- Late February to early March, which in Texas, isn't as bad as Illinois, but can still get cold. add that to the fact that i never had a moment to sit except during a fifteen minute break twice a day and for lunch, and it's an okay job. not great, but okay.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, hot supervisor chick
Cons
the midday rush
fast paced, productive work environment
Deli and meat Department Clerk (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92592August 16, 2017
Can be a stressful place to work if not use to being busy all the time. lots of customer service. Everyone is really nice. The hardest part of the job is having management listening to ideas to help the company.
Productive yet felt understaffed.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 15, 2017
Sprouts was a perfect place to get my foot in the door. I feel much more comfortable with the atmosphere of a work environment now and considering my duties I feel I have a basis of job.
Pros
15% Discount on Store
Cons
No benefits, unorganized
Good company to work for, Love the environment, they have good benefits and great team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2017
they have good benefits, I love the type of products they sell they focus in customer service and pleasing the customers expectations I love that everyone works as a team.
Pros
Great company
Cons
They don't give a lot of hours
Helped open a new store for them only to have them screw us.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2017
Opened a new store as a produce clerk, they extremely overestimated the store's customer volume, hired 15 people for just my department, I was guaranteed over 30 hours a week and 14.50/h, got my first check and was making 20cents less. Within 3 months we were down to 7 people and still getting around 20 hours a week only. General managers came in to tell us how terrible of a job we were doing, only to cut hours more. There is a constant talk amongst coworkers of leaving their job, everyone is miserable.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No hours for that decent pay.
Stressful over worked and under paid
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2017
Out of all the places I've worked over the years sprouts has to be one of the worst
When someone calls out they just pass the work load on to others instead of getting a replacement
I've been ripped off several times with my paycheck
Sometimes overnight shifts are pushed on you
Management is a joke, they mistreat their employees the most they can
And the customers are just horrible
They treat you like garbage and expect customer service gold in return
You should seriously apply at McDonald's before considering sprouts
Pros
This place inspires you to get a better job
Cons
Everything possible
stressfull envirement
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 13, 2017
Poor management and training. They don't care about their employees. They make you go to work even when sick or you will get in trouble. The pay is ok,but they do not appreciate all the hard work you put into Sprouts.
good place to work
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 13, 2017
Good place to work. Good environment. Lots of different positions. Good benefits. Promotions are available to hard workers that want to move up in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9