Sprouts Farmers Markets

Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Hard work and late nights
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 28, 2016
1. Mostly just cleaning and making whole chickens.
2. Different types of meat because I worked in the deli
3. There was no deli manager at night, but the store manager was alright.
Typical Grocery store
Vitamin Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2016
Typical grocery company. Typical attitude towards employees. Typical benefits. Typical hours. Typical work day. Just because it is a healthy food store don't expect any more of a healthy attitude from management. Grocery is grocery. Expect the same.
Pros
Typical
Cons
Typical
Fun Workplace
Vitamin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Incredible staff. Everyone worked as a team and it made things work a lot more efficiently. Great company and they pay well.
This company would be great, but hires sub par management.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 26, 2016
The pay is decent, the hours are flexible, and the benefits are nice! But the problem is management. The unfortunate thing is that it is not just department heads or store management but cooperate as well. The people are friendly but sometimes a little too friendly and favoritism was a big issue. Also, critical issues in the work place were often ignored or dismissed by the management team. But the job is not all bad. A typical day at work went by quickly and my co workers in my department were easy to work with. And although the management team were good people, they do not know how to run a store.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay, and benefits.
Cons
Management and favoritism
Straight forward swift workday
Senior Bulk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 24, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty swift and straight forward. The company has the potential to be great, but the organization isn't that good. At least not at the location where I am employed.
Back-up Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This jobs provides sufficient breaks to allow breathing room and addresses any problems to keep employees happy. They believe if the employee is happy, then customers will be happy which creates a great work atmosphere.
great place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 22, 2016
nice place to work. alot of hard work but rewarding. customer interaction great. management there when needed. employees worked together. typical day baking stocking and customer service.
Fun place to work, hard work
Oakland, Ca - VITAMIN CLERK promoted ASST.MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 22, 2016
It's a great place to work, very physical. A lot of team work, huddles a least three time a day. I love customer service. Management is very reasonable
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
short breaks
Fun out going enviorment of Health
Front end supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Fun fast paced
Engaging with variety of people
Customer support/Customer service
Co-works work well together in helping each other to serve customers better,
Working around customers in a small work area
Having return customers and engaging with them and meeting their needs. it make a customer happy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
statnding on your feet all day
awful
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 10, 2016
Terrible management, I am desperate to leave this company, hours are incredibly scarce, management has the wrong priorities. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unnecessary meddling, easiest part is the actual job
Pros
close to my house
Cons
low hours
Very cool place to shop, and the in-store personnel are truly wonderful to work with
Senior Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2016
The work is very hard, physically and mentally... But it's taught me a lot about how to manage more effectively, and shown me the rewards of sticking with something so challenging. I'm very proud of what I'm able to contribute. In-store management consists of a strong core of kind, hard-working and supportive individuals. I'm truly honored to be a part of such a magnificent team of people.
Fun work environment with limited advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COSeptember 10, 2016
Fun work environment, the people are nice, but the potential job advancement is almost nonexistent. Pay is high and get paid every week but the hours suck as well. There's no point in paying a lot if the hours are basically part time only. Full time position is never more than 30 hours a week and it is impossible to get 40 a week or more even if you wanted. BUT the people are GREAT!!
Pros
discount
Cons
hours, job advancement
Every Hour Every Day
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work is hit the ground running. Deadlines need to be met and tasks need to be completed. Everyday brings new challenges and hurdles to overcome.
I say it is a great learning experience because often times I am empowered to make critical decisions on the fly.
The hardest part of the job is there is seldom if ever, down time.
A typical day involves overtime. Help is difficult to keep.
The most enjoyable part of the day is the people. I enjoy the team, I enjoy the customers. I interact directly with store support and the corporate office.People in general rock!
Pros
People
Cons
Overload
Busy and rude customers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Typical day at work is busy on the weekdays, I learned how to deal with customers who are having a bad day and new products. The management sucked because they didn't know how to deal with customers and they weren't flexible with hours and employees. My co-workers where amazing it was an awesome experience making new friends. The job was not hard at all. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things about the local customers.
Deli Clerk at Sprouts
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2016
Woking at Sprouts Farmers Market consisted of walking in, swiping my card to "clock in" and then back behind the deli counter for the rest of the day. The hours would go by fast because I there was always something to clean, slice, or prepare. Working at Sprouts taught me the importance of scheduling and thinking ahead to stay on top of things. The employees at Sprouts were very nice and welcoming, although I did not enjoy working for such a large cooperation.I did get to know the majority of people in my department but the rest of the store seemed life a mystery to me.
Pros
The staff
Cons
togetherness, scheduling
Fun place to work.
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CASeptember 2, 2016
As you enter the store your greeted with hello and everyone knows your name as a manager. I've learned that their are many different types of food then what you would see in a conventional market. Being there and working with different kinds of food has enabled me to better understand different kinds of eating habits that people have such as vegans and vegetarians etc..
Pros
15% discount daily, 20% off on employee apprication day, Company supplied lunches during meetings and emplyee apprciation days
Cons
No recognicion, low pay increases.
Productive workplace
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZSeptember 1, 2016
Ran all over the store, maintaining store clean and helping customers,sometimes helping them find products but mostly bagging groceries.
Growth Potential dependent on work production
Assistant Deli Manager (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2016
Sprouts is an amazing place to grow if you think team minded and see that you are there to help grow the business. With a willingness to be coachable, to work hard and produce fast, you can easily excel in the deli department.

Having worked at more than one location, it is important to understand your store leadership team and to work with their style and in store culture to help provide the best experience for those who are looking for your leadership and guidance in your department. Understanding that each department manager works differently from the other will provide the best smoothly integrated work relationship for you, when you work with their specifc style.

I personally love being interactive with customers, so this is a large part of my enjoyment in my position. I also happen to like creating visually beautiful food, so I enjoy taking pride in the meals we make, and the salads we make fresh in store daily.

I love that I get to laugh with my team and have fun while we are all being productive. Keeping humor involved in the work day helps ease stress and tension for my team while setting a relaxed environment to facilitate maximum production.

I have found Sprouts to be very supportive in their team members desire to move up, offering honest, constructive feedback, with a mapped out game plan on how to achieve your next level of advancement.
Pros
Employee appreciation days, recognition of outstanding customer service with Star Cards, room for growth and advancement, paid Holidays, Medical Benefits, 401K options, Health Savings Account option
Cons
Training program needs some fine tuning, in store training program is time consuming, the amount of feedback you get depends on how assertive you are to seek it out, days off and hours change weekly
Can be a great place to work at, if you make it fun.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 29, 2016
great people to work with, but there can be some drama around the store. at the same time, the employees there know how to confront each other in a respectable manner, and solve most complications.
friendly coworkers
clerk (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 26, 2016
lack of training, but understanding when asking questions. lower level managers very helpful. higher level management not very responsive to any suggestions of ways to improve the quality of workers

2.9