Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Hours and company management were in compliance. Employees has access to all resources to human resources, benefits, abs anything else through employee portal online. Work and hours are very suitable.
good culture and mission, poor store management, low morale
Grocery manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CONovember 26, 2016
CEO tries to instill a culture of helping people live healthier lives through food and vitamins and treating employees with respect but sadly his message is lost at district and store level management. Department managers are intimidated and overworked and all other employees are underpaid. Fast food restaurants pay more. Gossiping and backstabbing are overlooked by management and corporate and bullying of department managers is encouraged. Store managers who refuse to lead by intimidation are terminated. The real shame is that Sprouts has a loyal customer base and could be so much more profitable if it supported it's managers and lead by acquiring their loyalty versus their fear.
Pros
education in healthy living through food
Cons
being understaffed and threatened to work harder
Fun workplace with motivating people
Vitamins sales associate (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 10, 2017
everyone here are so nice and motivational. the benefits are great and hours are very flexible. I've been working with this company for quite a while and haven't had any concerns.
Terrible management, but lovely co-workers and customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 17, 2016
I rarely ever write reviews, but working at Sprouts has been an awful experience for me. First of all, they didn't train me(and many of the other new cashiers) they handed me a booklet and through me to the wolves. I was hired on part time but was worked 40 hours a week(I was totally fine with that) but I did not get any benefits along with no holiday pay. In the beginning I was willing to work any schedule and that was fine. I got consecutive days off and regular hours. But once I voiced concerns or said anything that my manager didn't like I was basically "punished". One week I had to work 6 days out of my week but I was worked under 40. Then I asked to not close anymore due to transportation and the following week I was dropped from 40 hours to 9 hours, both 4:30 hour shifts being close shifts. Management is childish and only cares about themselves. They expect their employees to do the inevitable with a smile on our faces. I'm so glad I left.
Pros
Awesome co-workers and customers
Cons
Everything else- especially management
Great Company, Great Job, Great Pay, Managment... Not so good
CASHIER/ UTILILTY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 3, 2016
Working for the company is fun. I've met a lot of cool people and the company itself have great benefits and pay. As for the current management personnel, they leave A LOT to be desired.
Good starting point
CASHIER, HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 6, 2016
Good starting point for high school kids. Okay benefits, but pricey. Every store is really different from the next, and not a lot of policies are followed. I don't recommend this job for anyone looking for advancement.
benefits
Cons
hours are all over the place
Sprouts Farmer's Market
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206August 21, 2016
Good discount and always plenty of hours with decent pay, very poor HR and long term benefits. Very hard to move up in management unless outstanding resume with multiple years or friends with current management.
Pros
Good Discounts, three breaks per eight hour shift, always busy.
Cons
Poor Healthcare and Vacation hours, VERY poor pay raise rate.
Management Training Got a Make-Over and Company Stores Catching Up
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
This work environment can be fun, engaging, and rewarding depending on which store and which manager you work under. Unfortunately, that may be hard to tell until you get on board and observe for awhile.

In the past, management was created from a "good-ole-boy" network of who you knew and who you were friends with. It was not based necessarily on merit or ability. As such, there are some really terrible managers in this company in Tucson. The best managers are the ones that are relatively new to the company. Sprouts seems aware of this and to their credit they are making sure that all managers go through a "management college" so they understand the dynamics of team building and management.

The company itself and what it supplies to the public is something you can be proud to stand behind. I believe in this company enough that I would have gone on to higher management if I wasn't required to move to Phoenix for it.
Pros
Holiday pay, company awards, scholarship opportunities for workers and their children, personal loan for hardship times.
Cons
Weekly work schedule may vary a lot, pay raises occur very slowly, management used to give best hours to "favorites."
Typical Grocery store
Vitamin Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2016
Typical grocery company. Typical attitude towards employees. Typical benefits. Typical hours. Typical work day. Just because it is a healthy food store don't expect any more of a healthy attitude from management. Grocery is grocery. Expect the same.
Pros
Typical
Cons
Typical
Miserable.
Dairy Clerk/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 24, 2016
Terrible in- store management, even worse corporate management. Woudn't advise anyone to work here. They don't pay well at all. Front end doesn't get breaks.
Cons
Lack of breaks, management, salary.

Want to know more about Sprouts Farmers Markets?

Ask a question
Productive and friendly environment
Bulk and Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 28, 2016
Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a team and is more than willing to help anyone with any questions.
I helped stocking the shelves and facing the isles. I learned that you can get a lot done when you work hard and work together. Management is super nice and really understanding towards home life struggles or if you needed to take a day off they would understand as long as you talked to them and let them know what was happening. My co-workers were very welcoming and helpful when I first started working at Sprouts, They are all like one big Sprouts family. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the loads if I was working by myself but not impossible to get what needed to be done out of the way. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking into the store and seeing everyone happy and smiles on their faces and seeing happy customers after they've been helped.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun positive work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 11, 2016
Fun and positive work environment. Benefits and compensation was great. Competitive pay and benefits. Got to interact with team members and customers.
Its a Job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lonetree, COJune 4, 2016
Sprouts pays a bit more than average for unskilled entry-level retail food employment. Benefits are low end, but the 15% discount will help with your food bill and Sprouts is a great place to shop for many things, especially produce. Don't expect advancement or recognition. Do expect to work hard in a reactive (not proactive) management environment. Working for Sprouts is a job, not a career.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No breaks, lunches often missed, working off the clock is expected
Good Job, Hard to Advance Out of Deli
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 28, 2016
Sprouts is a good place to work, a very friendly atmosphere and competitive wages that reward your previous experience. My only problem is that it's incredibly difficult to advance out, or transfer out, of the Deli. Not sure if it is all Sprouts, but it was really difficult for employees to transfer out of the Deli due to the fact that the Deli needs more consistent help. It came to the point where several employees quit all together because they wanted to leave the Deli.

We also had the problem of good employees getting pushed out and either forced to quit or fired due to unnecessary scheduling conflicts that could have been easily resolved.

Again, this all seemed to only happen in the Deli. I never saw it happen to other departments.
Pros
Good place to work, good pay, good hours
Cons
Hard to Transfer or Advance
High expectations, little regard for employees
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2017
Sprouts goes above and beyond to convince potential employees that they will be treated very well, but when it comes down to it, Sprouts is a retail company with retail hours, pay, and beliefs. While I have no problem going out of my way to make a customer happy, I am not fine with the expectation that I am to get eight hours' worth of work done when they cut my hours down to six per day. I am currently working around 32 hours per week stretched out to five days per week with no rhyme or reason to my schedule, making it impossible to get another job to bring my pay up to a livable wage. There is a constant promise for more hours on the horizon to dissuade potential defectors, but they are never realized. I understand needing to cut hours from the perspective of the company, but they should not expect employees to do 40 hours worth of work in a 32 hour week, nor should they promise more hours or an increase of wages with no intention of fulfillment.
Pros
15% off employee discount for household, good company ideals
Cons
Irregular schedule, few hours, irrational management
Productive and friendly work place
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 7, 2016
I enjoy working at Sprouts Farmers Market all though I would love to retire from the retail jobs and focus more on what I want my career to be. I want to go into the Medical Field as an Ultrasound Tech. Sprouts Farmers Market has definitely taught me some things. Over all it is a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly workers, slow pace atmosphere
Cons
Management always changing, moving up is too slow of a process and little or no raises
Stepping Stone
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed my year working as a sales associate with Sprouts. I learned a lot about healthy living and was introduced to a world of new foods that I would not have otherwise discovered. This job came to me at a very desperate, desolate time in my life. I will never forget the experience or those I worked with.
Pros
Great enviornment, learning about alternative diets & healthy living, decent start out pay, wear jeans to work
Cons
No benefits until you become full time
just okay
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 19, 2016
Overall I would say it is just okay.the pay is not bad you do get benefits if you work over 32 hours I think you get benefits after 6 months.Most of the customers are great.however the management could definitely be improved.communication is poor.the transfer system is not good.i wanted to transfer to a new store that was opening and the manager of that store said she would call me I had put in my transfer paper a month before and went their job fair.I think that the store I was at just wanted to keep me because they wanted to cover vacations because they refuse to hire anybody else!anyway while working here. I was harassed when I worked in the bakery area. The bakery manager yelled at me and talked down to me. I did report it to the ethics hotline.nothing was done to her and she got promoted to a third manager! How does that happen???since being promoted she has been better.i did forgive her.anyway they aren't up front with you.they are deceptive which is sad considering that the company stands for integrity.there is so much gossip here sometimes it feels like a soap opera.I like what I do in the deli except closing.I like my actual duties and most of the employees are nice.
Pros
benefits, employee appreciation days
Cons
management and communication and training
Sprouts sucks
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 14, 2017
HORRIBLE management they tried to not pay me hours i worked when I was unknowingly fired for "not having enough hours" and for a wrong on their part for scheduling me when I was out of the country after I got my vacation days approved.
Pros
money
Cons
everything
Overworked and under appreciated.
Meat Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 3, 2017
I worked for this company for just under a year. The management of this company is inept to be nice. Their management style is to micromanage to the point you can not properly do your job. They will leave departments understaffed for months on end. The turnover rate at this company is extremely high due to no one wanting to be treated like second rate employee. There is also no loyalty between upper management and the rest of the store. Upper management only cares about themselves and their numbers and have no problem throwing their employees under the bus. They will also not promote from within the store or company and will look to outside candidates to fulfill their department manager and lead positions.
Pros
Really great employee discount
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9