Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Entry level work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 24, 2017
Cashiering job that allowed for work in other areas of the company and cross training. Flexible schedules and an opportunity to advance into management if you're motivated to do so.
Terrible
Acting Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2017
Do not work here. It is completely one sided and only based on who the manager likes more. Not who works the hardest or who does the best work. Pay is also based on favoritism and not on what people should be getting. Also, If they promise you a raise after 6 months, or a certain number of hours. Do not believe them because it will never come. They do not stay true to their word.
work
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
good if you want a career in retail. not a lot of choices if you plan to grow. save your money when the holidays come around they will cut your hours to 32 or less
Pros
busy fun at times
Cons
cut hours
Cut throat and manditory overtime
Grocery Crew (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 21, 2017
Spouts was a terrible place to work in my opinion. The management sucked, they scheduled me one day a week, and when I did work, they kept us until like 1am. Right before I left they switched my sections hours to overnight (which I couldn't do because i was in high school at the time).
Pros
20% off anything in the store
Poor work environment
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 20, 2017
Management was probably the worst I’ve ever seen in my career...the store itself looked pretty good most of the time but that was because of the people like myself working there who cared.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Poor management, low hours
Pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CANovember 19, 2017
I loved working at Sprouts Farmers Market. Although working weekends was fast-paced and busy, most customers and employees were friendly. Sprouts offered weekly information and training on produce and a variety of products we were able to sample. Most of my managers were incredible. My only complaint was the particular store I worked at had an inconsistent and changing management team. I ultimately left to focus on finishing my degree, but I had a great experience with Sprouts and still enjoy shopping there.
Pros
Great products, passionate employees, opportunities
Cons
High turnover
Overall a fun job
Delicatessen Associate/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 18, 2017
Yes, it gets busy. Yes, management can be a little wonky at times.. but overall, the job is fast paced and a lot of fun because of the healthy environment and upbeat 60's-80's music. Attitude is everything and it can either make or break your day.
Pros
Paid weekly, 15% discount
Cons
No overtime
Fast paced work environment
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2017
-Hardest part of the job anticipating what customers are going to be purchasing and how to not run out of product in certain areas.
-Workplace culture comes down to how the store is being operated by the lead manager.
-Enjoyable part is working with others and trying to be team based and organized
Horrible Management
VITAMIN CLERK (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZNovember 13, 2017
Sprouts only cares for their bonus checks. They cut long time employees hours during the holidays. They kept a store manager employed who fires department heads for fun, he cares only about himself. Horrible place to work.
Pros
discount
Cons
No hours
Fast paced
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
Job was pretty flexible. Will to train in multiple areas. Pay wasn’t that great. Friendly customers, fun environment and driving distance was perfect for me
Pros
Discounts were great
Cons
Short lunches
would not recomend to a friend
Produce clerk (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 13, 2017
unorganized but enjoyed working with the customers.its working with lots of inexperinced kids. very high turnover rate .hard to get things fixed there.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
small breakroom
Over all Sprouts is a good place to work.
Scan Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2017
Sprouts s a pretty good place to work most of the time. Hard workers that show up & do a good job can move up. Managers get moved around every year or two which can be good or bad. Some managers only focus on sales and seems like thats it, Sometimes they can really cut hrs and that can be stressful for some. Sometimes they put stress on the employees because they cut your hrs but still expect you to get the same amount of work done.
Pros
They provide benefits. Pay is average.
Cons
Different Managers have differnt styles Some can be really old school .
na
Grocery Assistant Manager/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 12, 2017
Nice coworkers. If you work hard you will stand out. Pay isn't competitive but it's a fairly new company and they are trying to correct pay issues.
Fast promotions for those who want it.
Flexible schedule
Friendly and professional leadership
Safe working environment
Good job perks
If you are looking to get your foot in the door within this industry, you can't go wrong starting here.
for me ok place
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2017
The store manager I had sexually harassed women. I was not allowed to transfer to another store. People were doing drugs in the freezer. Hard workers were not compensated.
Pros
company has stores in several states
Cons
not compensated for experience
Average grocery store
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2017
I Prefer it to places like king soopers or safeway, No union is a big problem however and my seniority dosnt get me much. I never really felt stressed or overwhelmed, the downside being I was never really challenged to learn new skills.
Fun Place to work for awhile
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 11, 2017
Sprouts is a fun and competitive job environment to work at until the hours start to dry up then you're basically begging management for more hours. Pay raises seem like a mystery.
No work life balance
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sf Bay Area , CANovember 10, 2017
Hardest workers are not given raises because they are loyal and will keep doing the job regardless. Serious discrimination of female employees, and male management that is often very out of line. Unexplained difference between pay for male and female workers, even if the female has more experience, does a better job, and is a higher rank. Little to no time off...two days a week rare, two in a row even more rare. Male management uses sick time for any reason. I’ve used one sick day total and it was for my child, in the past 6months...this resulted in a viscous verbal beating about my “childcare” issues. No one can speak up about anything because of fear of losing a needed job and top management knows this. There will never be a time in this company where the best aren’t taken advantage of to the point of being forced out. Always extremely understaffed so at least you have job security...if you want it. Tons of good food thrown out when many regular employees can not afford food because of hours being dramatically cut. In over 20 years of working different areas and different retail, this has been far and above the worst company I’ve ever worked for, very sad but very true. CEO rumored to be a very nice great guy but unaware of a vicious company culture.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Not allowed to use time off
Nice place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 9, 2017
Overall, your typical grocery store experience, but with a farmer's market feel. Food is fresh and everything is made there. They are very charitable.
Pros
Everyone is generally nice
Cons
Not a cohesive group
Easy job, stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 8, 2017
Although it was an easy job, it was a very stressful environment. Management wasnt the greatest, needs help. Not enough recognition for employees. Not enough hours.
Pros
Discount, working at my own pace
Cons
Not enough hours, no pay raises
Great part-time job during college!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 7, 2017
I worked at Sprouts for about a year during college. Great company to work for! I loved most of the people I worked with and enjoyed the culture of healthy living. I tried so many new fruits and vegetables while working there. The pay wasn't amazing but what I expected for a cashier position. Our store always seemed to be dead quiet or extremely busy, rarely anything in between. Like any customer service job, sometimes the customers where a nightmare. Overall, I would recommend to anyone looking for temporary or part-time work. I did seem like there are opportunities to move up. I was offered a position as head cashier but turned it down because the hours conflicted with school.
Pros
15% discount on everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9