Spruce Manor Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJuly 17, 2017
Good work environment, can be stressful sometimes. Overall good benefits. Through there unionized program i managed to obtain my LPN license with financial aid. I would recommend a friend to work there.
worst place ever
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PA 19611June 20, 2017
poor quality of care, this place is a circus, most of the employees are trashy, you have a handful of people who have been there a long time and care but the turn over rate is ridiculous, management especially.
Pros
major overtime available
Cons
everything else
Dont Work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 30, 2016
This place is understaffed, work their employees like animals, and does not care about their employees. Very unprofessional. It sucks that you can not even go to one person because no one cares, not the Administrator, D.O.N, no one! They mess up schedules, paychecks, hours, and dont care where they place you, and when they mess up which they always do they end up screwing the employees. Especially after the new company took over. I know a girl who started with 8days pp and in 1 week they said sorry but we need to break your schedule to give you 4pp and have another 4 pp open. This place is an overall terrible place of employment!!!! I used to love doing my job, but after working at the facility i gave up.
Pros
I will just leave this blank...... pros lol
good employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 4, 2015
good employees but the mangament needs is more concerned about the appereance then the actual patients. the building is out of date and falling apart.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad working conditions
liked the job
Activities Assistant / Transporter (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PADecember 6, 2013
learned all about activities planed them did them and got to meet a lot of great residents
Pros
work at own pace
Cons
low pay
They took the time to educate
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 24, 2012
Argueably the best job I ever had. I enjoy helping people. I was able to do that at Spruce Manor and really feel appreciated. My coworkers were helpful and respectful, truely a blessing.
Pros
loved the shift
Cons
can't think of any
This a very depressed place.
Nurse Charge 11-7 (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAMay 24, 2012
I have never work with so much unprofessional people in my 30 years of nursing. Poorly managed,inappropriate language.unprofessional behavior in front of residents.The total environment in front of residents is depressing.Very poor record keeping,cover-up noted in record keeping.Work load is unrealistic.No work ethics.No type of follow-up with errors or discipline actions.Nursing staff is like working with a bunch of alley cats,they will turn on you as quick as you can blink. There is no sign of compassion and or emotional understanding toward the residents.There are resident privacy issues broken every day.I don't know how they pass state inspection,so many noticeable violations broken every minute.
Pros
there is no insentative for staff.
Cons
health care for staff ok