SPS Commerce Employee Reviews

Sales Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Absolutely amazing place to work. Great benefits, good management, room for growth, and positive work environment. A typical day can range anywhere to prospecting calls, sales cycles, team meetings, or workplace training.
Pros
work environment, benefits, culture
Cons
a lot of growth can mean a lot of change
Fun work Environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2016
Fun work environment but not much flexibility in hours. Plan to be in the office from 8am-5pm at least with no work from home complexity. Quota is very difficult to obtain in slow months but still receive extreme pressure from management to hit your number by staying late and cold call prospecting extra hours.
SPS Commerce
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2016
SPS Commerce is a great company to gain experience within the workforce. The company has a great culture that promotes a great work/life balance. The developmental role allows for sales expertise to be honed and utilized to close important deals with the help of a more experienced mentor.
Little Falls Office is a Sinking Ship
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJune 2, 2016
The management in the Little Falls office is flat out horrific. There is no leadership and the people running the show have no clue what they are doing. Employees are leaving because of this and the MN office does nothing about it....ever. I cannot wait for another opportunity to come along so that I can get out of this asylum. Don't even consider interviewing for one of their posted positions as the office is lead by a bunch of incompetants who have internal meetings all day and get nothing accomplished.
Pros
Absolutely none as all the perks are gone.
Cons
Poor leadership/management, no direction, below average pay, overworked, horrible office and favoritism towards certain individuals.
Demanding work in a top-notch team
Senior Analyst, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2016
SPS Commerce is generally a good place to work.

The company culture is mostly young with highly-driven employees. Employees receive fairly competitive pay and benefits with occasional parties and team building activities as an added bonus.

Overall the management is excellent, as they communicate the long-term company vision, set clear expectations, and are often open to feedback from employees. Able to provide direction without micro managing.

Working here can be quite stressful, especially near the holiday season. Customers are often demanding (they have deadlines that they must hit), but are usually willing to coordinate with analysts to set reasonable expectations. Analysts are expected to "wear many hats," which can be overwhelming at times but also promotes professional growth and allows employees to carve out unique areas of expertise.

Coordination between departments is sometimes choppy, and can occasionally feel like a game of hot potato; however, this has improved significantly in the past year. Employees who are willing to go the extra mile can usually overcome red tape and promote cross-departmental collaboration to complete difficult tasks.

This is a good place to work for those who can multitask, learn quickly, and separate their work from their personal lives.
Pros
Young culture, good management
Cons
Demanding work, occasional "red tape"
Excellent place to work!
Strategic Logistics Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
SPS Commerce is a fast-growing company with a lot of opportunities for its employees. Management supports a culture where hard work is rewarded, comradery is encouraged and employees are empowered to push limits and suggest ideas. Promotions from within are pursued and managers care about the career paths of their subordinates. I was fortunate enough to work under executives who helped me mature a great deal in my 10 year sales career at SPS. As I became successful in my job, the same executives asked me to mentor junior sales staff as well. It was a rewarding experience and added a lot of value to the team.

Customer satisfaction is at the center of the company's priorities and is a major driver of how SPS operates. Growth is constant, so the company must continually seek ways to scale efficiently. Sometimes that environment causes conflict among competing interests within the company. These issues are pretty typical among companies who grow like SPS has and I expect they will continue to tackle them successfully.
Pros
Fast-paced, excellent culture, open door management
Cons
Typical growing pains
started off very well, became very disiapionted
Account Executive II (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 22, 2016
career opportunities looked very strong in the beginning, ended up being less than appealing.
there is some favoritism on some sales teams.
Overall good company
Consultant - Logistics Team (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
Overall SPS is a good company to work for. The benefits are decent and the company has a good culture. Management is supportive of your career goals and is willing to you try to expand your skill set.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 9, 2015
Company culture is great, they treat their employees well. Fast paced technology/SaaS company. Young culture with high expectations.
Fun place to work, good compensation and rewards for
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNAugust 23, 2015
SPS Commerce was a good company to work for, it just wasn't a right fit for what I was looking for in a full-time position. More fulfilling, fast-paced, client relationship type positions with roles and responsibilities outside of telecommunications. The cube life can be rough.
Sps
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2015
The company has a great culture, the management team has a good vision of where they want to go. The pay is extremely low considering the growth and industry
Great starting point in my professional career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MNJuly 9, 2015
SPS Commerce has gave me the foundation to build on in my sales career. The sales training at SPS Commerce is exceptional and that stems from the amazing executive team. Looking back at my time at SPS Commerce, I believe I have learned more in my time here than in my four years of college. SPS Commerce has a very unique approach to sales. Their main focus is to teach their reps how to solution sell. They focus your training on finding pain in the prospects current environment, bargaining access for power, and negotiations.
Pros
Hire within, helping customers fix a business problem, high level conversations with C-level executives
Cons
Located in the Midwest
Good place to work right out of college
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2015
You can work the usual 8 - 5 shift, but they are flexible if you need to leave work early. Good atmosphere to work in. On the job training.
Fun place to work
SQL Developer/Warehousing Implementation (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 10, 2014
I like working with SPS since my role as SQL Developer. Best part to work over here is streamline process which excludes unnecessary steps. People are nice to work with.
Pros
Free lunches in bad weather, discounted massage therapy by professional
Cons
Not providing permanent residency sponsership
Great atmosphere
Account Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2014
- Consulting with customers
- To be able to adapt, identify business reasons for a change
- Fun, team atmosphere
- Great people
- Being persistant
- Customer satisfaction
Great young company culture.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2013
-Perfect first job for sales professional-learn the correct ways to sell from the start
-Young company in terms of age
-They make it fun to Win
-Offer internal training sessions throughout in a multitude of areas (building a business case, sales processes, negotiations etc)
Benefits
Cons
Sales Floor
SPS Commerce-Consultant review
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2013
A typical day of work involves testing EDI connections and setting up customers with our e-commerce solution. I've learned how to manage time much more effectively due to the high project load. Management listens and works hard for you. Co-workers are second to none that I'm currently working with. The hardest part of the job is supporting your projects after they go into production. They used to have a support team but that recently became obsolete. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully setting up a small business with our solution and the satisfaction it brings to them.
Pros
Company gatherings, WFH
Cons
pay is below industry standards
Fun place to work
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2013
Fun place to work. Lear a lot of technical skills in the company.
unprofessional work environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2013
Poor management, profanity constantly used by executives and managers in the office.
Pros
free booze
Cons
no training and support from management
Fun culture but poor management guidance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 17, 2013
The people with whom you work with directly make it an enjoyable place to work, however they have very poor managerial guidance in my experience as there was no support in your current position or suggestions to advance your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPS Commerce. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8