SPS Commerce Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work!
Strategic Logistics Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
SPS Commerce is a fast-growing company with a lot of opportunities for its employees. Management supports a culture where hard work is rewarded, comradery is encouraged and employees are empowered to push limits and suggest ideas. Promotions from within are pursued and managers care about the career paths of their subordinates. I was fortunate enough to work under executives who helped me mature a great deal in my 10 year sales career at SPS. As I became successful in my job, the same executives asked me to mentor junior sales staff as well. It was a rewarding experience and added a lot of value to the team.

Customer satisfaction is at the center of the company's priorities and is a major driver of how SPS operates. Growth is constant, so the company must continually seek ways to scale efficiently. Sometimes that environment causes conflict among competing interests within the company. These issues are pretty typical among companies who grow like SPS has and I expect they will continue to tackle them successfully.
Pros
Fast-paced, excellent culture, open door management
Cons
Typical growing pains
Overall good company
Consultant - Logistics Team (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
Overall SPS is a good company to work for. The benefits are decent and the company has a good culture. Management is supportive of your career goals and is willing to you try to expand your skill set.
Great starting point in my professional career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MNJuly 9, 2015
SPS Commerce has gave me the foundation to build on in my sales career. The sales training at SPS Commerce is exceptional and that stems from the amazing executive team. Looking back at my time at SPS Commerce, I believe I have learned more in my time here than in my four years of college. SPS Commerce has a very unique approach to sales. Their main focus is to teach their reps how to solution sell. They focus your training on finding pain in the prospects current environment, bargaining access for power, and negotiations.
Pros
Hire within, helping customers fix a business problem, high level conversations with C-level executives
Cons
Located in the Midwest
started off very well, became very disiapionted
Account Executive II (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 22, 2016
career opportunities looked very strong in the beginning, ended up being less than appealing.
there is some favoritism on some sales teams.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 9, 2015
Company culture is great, they treat their employees well. Fast paced technology/SaaS company. Young culture with high expectations.
Sps
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2015
The company has a great culture, the management team has a good vision of where they want to go. The pay is extremely low considering the growth and industry
Fun place to work, good compensation and rewards for
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNAugust 23, 2015
SPS Commerce was a good company to work for, it just wasn't a right fit for what I was looking for in a full-time position. More fulfilling, fast-paced, client relationship type positions with roles and responsibilities outside of telecommunications. The cube life can be rough.
Great young company culture.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2013
-Perfect first job for sales professional-learn the correct ways to sell from the start
-Young company in terms of age
-They make it fun to Win
-Offer internal training sessions throughout in a multitude of areas (building a business case, sales processes, negotiations etc)
benefits
Cons
sales floor
SPS Commerce-Consultant review
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2013
A typical day of work involves testing EDI connections and setting up customers with our e-commerce solution. I've learned how to manage time much more effectively due to the high project load. Management listens and works hard for you. Co-workers are second to none that I'm currently working with. The hardest part of the job is supporting your projects after they go into production. They used to have a support team but that recently became obsolete. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully setting up a small business with our solution and the satisfaction it brings to them.
Pros
company gatherings, wfh
Cons
pay is below industry standards
Good place to work right out of college
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2015
You can work the usual 8 - 5 shift, but they are flexible if you need to leave work early. Good atmosphere to work in. On the job training.
leader in their market
Account Executive - Supplier Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2012
inside sales position, with a positive team environment. day to day includes reaching out to new clients as well as maintaining relationships and upselling to current clients. several hours of talk time each day. very complex sell. many factors go into deciphering which products are of the most value to the customer. long sales cycles.
Pros
sps is the leader in their industry, many employee appreciation events organized. friendly atmosphere, positive environment to work in.
Cons
low base, ramp up takes roughly 2 years to really start making a substantial income.
Fun culture but poor management guidance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 17, 2013
The people with whom you work with directly make it an enjoyable place to work, however they have very poor managerial guidance in my experience as there was no support in your current position or suggestions to advance your career.
Anywhere but here
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2012
Not a good company to work for. Short sighted management with little if any appreciation for actually skilled workers. Only looking for the young and the cheap. You shouldnt have any aspirations if you want to work here.
Cons
management
Poor working climate
US leader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2012
No room for advancement The goals kept changing mid year. No stock option when they went public for the employees
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
terrible mangement
Fun place to work
SQL Developer/Warehousing Implementation (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 10, 2014
I like working with SPS since my role as SQL Developer. Best part to work over here is streamline process which excludes unnecessary steps. People are nice to work with.
Pros
free lunches in bad weather, discounted massage therapy by professional
Cons
not providing permanent residency sponsership
unprofessional work environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2013
Poor management, profanity constantly used by executives and managers in the office.
Pros
free booze
Cons
no training and support from management
Great atmosphere
Account Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2014
- Consulting with customers
- To be able to adapt, identify business reasons for a change
- Fun, team atmosphere
- Great people
- Being persistant
- Customer satisfaction
It is a good place to work. But no way to grow.
EDI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2012
Nice people, flexible working hours.But EDI is so narrow area that there is no space for growing.
Fun place to work
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2013
Fun place to work. Lear a lot of technical skills in the company.