SPS Temporaries Employee Reviews in United States

not productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  union rd, buffalo nyJuly 18, 2016
I signed up with the Union road office. They set me up with a 3rd shift position, gave me schedule and then called me off the first 2 days. I called Monday morning to let them know I did not make the weekend shift and the receptionist was very rude and tried to over talk me. Not professional at all. I would never recommend this place to anyone!
i did various jobs with this company
Shipping, receiving, returns clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 14, 2016
I worked at a lot of different companies while working with them. I enjoyed it but needed something more permanent. The people were all nice didn't have a problem at all working thru them .
Good if you don't want a life
Line operator (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 9, 2015
Long work days low pay but fast job placement. If you miss one day you're out. I guess it would depend on what job they set you up with but they had me working 70+ hours a week and I really had no time for friends and family. Just work and sleep.
Very Productive Environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYMarch 26, 2015
Some days were very hectic but the line supervisor was so very caring and understanding always making jokes made the day a little easier and stress free. I learned good teamwork and communication skills.
Pros
Friendly co - workers and line supervisor
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, Favoritism towards other employees
productive, kinda all over the place at times.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I would go into work, get my computer turned on. Start by answering multiple phone lines and connecting them with the right person in back office. File paperwork, scan and email applications or important documents to either corporate office, our other two offices or to the correct place. Continue to answer phones throughout the day. Set up appointments for people to come In and apply with the company. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, having control over your patience with some of the employees or employers. I really did enjoy my days with talking to all different kinds of people, and learning new things about them and the companies we worked with.
Pros
close to home
Cons
healthcare
Good Temp Service
Warehouse Stacker at Stuben Foods (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYDecember 17, 2014
SPS helped me find fast work. I would recommend them if your looking for temporary part time work. The warehouse I was sent to was legit, the people there were pretty nice. Managers were awesome and very down to earth.
Temporary jobs.
Pick and Pack (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2014
Great staff. Most jobs that SPS found me require the usual dress attire, work boots, gloves, etc. They are informative in letting me know what I'll need to work at a particular company.
Pros
they find me warehouse work.
Cons
none.
active placement to position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 23, 2014
assembled and/or tested engine component assemblies; documentation.
Pros
always busy
Cons
never going to be permanent
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator/Assembly line and Production (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2013
The days were always good and educational and busy at times.The hardest part was nothing its was pretty simple for me. I learned how to work in warehouse packaging and work assembly line .I enjoyed every part of this job unfortunately this job was only on a temporary basis.
Great place to apply for temp to hire
Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 15, 2013
This was a pleasure to work for. if you have an issue with times you can work they will work to find you a position and keep you working.
Pros
different positions available
Cons
up to companies to keep you as an employee
Temporary job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2013
It was temporary. I knew I was working that week just didn't know how long the job would last for. The places you worked varied. I working at a GM plant in Lockport moving scrap from the machines to the compactor. Everyone got along. It was an easy and smooth environment.
Pros
full time
Cons
chance of moving up was low
good place to find work
warehouse (Former Employee) –  tonawanda nyMarch 6, 2013
love everything about this company
learned forklift and how make countertops
management was easy to work with
co workers were great
Temp. Agengy
Temp. Worker / Varied on Assignment (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 16, 2012
Work on a variety of assignments and aquired several skills/trades.
Such as: packaging, production of various products, factory/warehouse, stock and inventory, counting, assembly line, cleaning/custodial, data entry, filing, loading/unloading. Pay varies on assignment
Pros
working for many local companies that people dont know exist
Cons
no job security. assignments can end at any time
Great company to work for.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2012
Working for SPS Temporaries got me into Buffalo Abrasives. A typical day there consisted of everything on the review for Buffalo Abrasives.
Pros
great management and benefits
It's Okay
Temporary Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 2, 2012
Based on my time at SPS Temporaries, the temp agency is good but is not punctual about contacting people at certain time when jobs are very much needed. But, when you contact them about a job, they are very good at getting them.

2.8