SPX Corporation Employee Reviews

Not much to say about the company
Accounting/Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 13, 2017
SPX bought the company I worked for and while the reorganization was in place many people lost their jobs, turning a family owned company into shamble.
Not the place to be!
Lead Man/Carpenter/Cooling Tower Erector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2017
From my perspective as a former employee, this was once a great company to work for ,at one time. Currently the brand has been tarnished. Too much individualism too much racism and very little respect for person. While I did meet some ppl I won't forget , I still don't have much good to speak of. When your upper management and certain lead people are being hypocrites on the daily. It seem unlikely this company will progress into the future
Pros
Some of the people i worked with.
Cons
Being constantly conned on the daily
Good floor folks, Bad leadership.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCMay 11, 2017
Newport Facility doesn't care about their employees. You are a number and nothing more. That's the new corporate way. Simple supplies and tools are refused. Equipment is out dated and dangerous. The human resources department does what the manger says not Corporate. Corporate lets Management do whatever they want as long as they are generating 40 million a year, they don't care. Number of employees has dwindled over the years forcing people to do multiple jobs in a stressful environment. I don't mind the work at all. The floor employees are good people. Management on all levels is a joke. "Do what I tell with no lip or I'll help you pack your stuff" Temps are made huge promises only to be lied to later.
Benefits
Cons
Great company to learn and grow with
Project Management-Intern (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66213May 9, 2017
Fantastic field crews to learn and grow with. Have to be willing to be away from home for long periods of time. Unique projects in hidden gems of the USA.
Loved it but they closed down due to the ecomoy
Line Assembler/Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCApril 26, 2017
I would recommend this place very friendly people hours good know how to treat people in a respectful way that's all just wish the doors never closed loved the place
Pros
30 min lunches 10 min breaks 20 if over time
Cons
Health care ok pay could have been alot better
Fast Pace Stressful Environment with no emphasis on work life balance
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 24, 2017
Looks good from the surface, but far from it. Seems like the company is always playing catch up and being reactive instead of proactive. They have strong brands but they are fading quickly in the face of indecisiveness on a daily basis. Management consistently turns over and thus traction in the market place never occurs.
Good
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIApril 24, 2017
Started the day with phone calls and meeting with the team. Culture was typical office and very quiet. Worked with MS-Excel on a daily basis and learned many functions of this program.
Good company with good people
Staff Designer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2017
Overall this is a good company to work for. Current market conditions has driven management to make necessary but uncomfortable business decisions. This has driven more complexity and uncertainty in the nature of the work, but can be enjoyable to those seeking variety. Most of all, the people of the organization make SPX an enjoyable place to work.
Great place to intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2017
I interned with the SPX Cooling Technologies' marketing department. The group was small and made me feel very welcome. The employees are very passionate and helpful. It's an impressive company, and I learned a lot about marketing and HVAC and heavy industrial products.
Stereotypical Corporate Environment
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 12, 2017
The Corporate Headquarters focused on short term profits over long term benefits for the organization. They ran the organization like a short term investor looking to sell the division to maximize return. I've seen them destroy many of their business units by underfunding and having the business units wither on the vine. The best thing that happened to our business unit was to get sold to private equity. How often do people say that!
Tedious at best.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 12, 2017
Provided your in the front office you might give it rave reviews. I can only address the facility that I work in. It's a large international corporation. So I can't really speak for the entire corporation. They do turn a good profit. On the whole. I will say if it weren't for the union such as it is. This would still be a undeniable sweat shop.
Pros
Cons
One ten minute break. One twenty minute lunch.
Great place to learn and grow
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 11, 2017
Great work environment, great leadership, calm well paced atmosphere, relaxed and laid back, plenty of guidance and support, excellent coworkers and support,
Pros
great atmosphere, great experence
Cons
Was just a intership
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 29, 2017
A typical day, Design and Development of special tools for customer’s needs and requirements. Maintaining a relationship with manufacturing personnel and customers.
Work load
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 7, 2017
Work load is heavy and not much time with family. No matter how long you have been there they are willing to get rid of you. Management thinks they are better than you even though they do not know your job
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Ready to fire you for any reason
Great job
Over the Road Truck Driver experience (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Great job very good people there everyone is nice and respectful the job pays very good it's pretty much the best job to have if you are going to drive over the road
Pros
Everyone is nice and very friendly
great large company
Facility Planner (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 13, 2017
great people and management, I really enjoy the culture of the workplace. The staff is very appreciative and supportive of me. I can recommend this workplace for anyone.
nice place to work
assembler (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2017
people are generally nice. the work shifts consists of small groups of employees. They have a union within this company
Pros
frequent raises
Cons
work 7 days a week
Work Environment
Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Always learn New Things Day to Day

Management Support is always help us to learn new things

Cool and Always fun when we are in trouble shooting issues
productive and fun place to work
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2016
family oriented environment. Very flexible work schedules. Friendly Environment. Positive attitudes amongst staff and employees. Benefits were great.
great place to work
assembler/sandblaster (Former Employee) –  oklahomaNovember 22, 2016
This is where I got my assembly exp
Learned a lot from this company
Great security
To bad I had a night shift position
If I had a morning shift I would of stayed
BT great place to work for the night shift people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPX Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.