SPX Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and grow
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 11, 2017
Great work environment, great leadership, calm well paced atmosphere, relaxed and laid back, plenty of guidance and support, excellent coworkers and support,
Pros
great atmosphere, great experence
Cons
Was just a intership
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 29, 2017
A typical day, Design and Development of special tools for customer’s needs and requirements. Maintaining a relationship with manufacturing personnel and customers.
Work load
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 7, 2017
Work load is heavy and not much time with family. No matter how long you have been there they are willing to get rid of you. Management thinks they are better than you even though they do not know your job
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Ready to fire you for any reason
Great job
Over the Road Truck Driver experience (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Great job very good people there everyone is nice and respectful the job pays very good it's pretty much the best job to have if you are going to drive over the road
Pros
Everyone is nice and very friendly
great large company
Facility Planner (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 13, 2017
great people and management, I really enjoy the culture of the workplace. The staff is very appreciative and supportive of me. I can recommend this workplace for anyone.
nice place to work
assembler (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2017
people are generally nice. the work shifts consists of small groups of employees. They have a union within this company
Pros
frequent raises
Cons
work 7 days a week
Work Environment
Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Always learn New Things Day to Day

Management Support is always help us to learn new things

Cool and Always fun when we are in trouble shooting issues
productive and fun place to work
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2016
family oriented environment. Very flexible work schedules. Friendly Environment. Positive attitudes amongst staff and employees. Benefits were great.
great place to work
assembler/sandblaster (Former Employee) –  oklahomaNovember 22, 2016
This is where I got my assembly exp
Learned a lot from this company
Great security
To bad I had a night shift position
If I had a morning shift I would of stayed
BT great place to work for the night shift people
Great Vareity of work tasks
Cutter/Stacker (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 12, 2016
A good mix of Mechanical and Electrical work. Works together helps obtain greater results. Developed good work relations. Completing tasks gratification.
Pros
Versatile work
Cons
Tight confined space work
great place
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed the company and the people that work for the company. I was very sorry that to company had to shut down. i am still friends with many of the employees.
Bad place to work
Vtl Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
Management is not good. People there are stuck in their ways. They will lie to your face. They do not hire people. I knew a guy that work there as a temp for about two and half years. They promised to hire and then end up laying him off.
Overall a good employer
Stockroom - Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WISeptember 7, 2016
Good pay and benefits. Management does not have great people skills with employees or outside contacts. The pay range has not improved in the past 15+ years
Was allowed to advance and move
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2016
I liked that I was able to forge my career as a HR Generalist at Pratt. I did not care for their manner in which they handled employees as though they were commodities.
Nice place to be employed at.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Completing the job make sure it past x ray. I've learned how to weld on different assignments. Management was great, had positive feedback on my welding skills. The hardest part of the job working in the heat. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, being able to work as a team.
Very oppressive environment in the warehouse horrible experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 26, 2016
The job offers good hours and OK pay. I worked at the SPX after market in Ocala Florida working in the warehouse is very uncomfortable after you see that the people that's been there the longest doesn't do anything and if you're new you got to do everybody else's work while management just sits back and watches. The manager is prejudice and warehouse Lead people are straight up racist, very uncomfortable to work there, you're not allowed to talk. In the breakroom everybody complains about the smell of food so you can't even sit and have a good lunch because you have everybody complaining from the managment to them last people in the warehouse. God forbid you want to make coffee because the manager thinks she's the cleanest person and checks everything you use. I do not recommend this place unless you really need the job and then you're going to move on. The turn around it's just incredible at this Warehouse.
Pros
Decent pay and good hours. Good life balance
Cons
Racism prejudism and bigotry to say the least. Horrible horrible environment.
My Employer
Vertical Turning Center Machinist (Leadman) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 22, 2016
The company overall was a blessing to work for. The company in general was bought and sold four times in a 15 year spand but givin that the management stayed the same and the employees were satisfied with most all the changes. The management let most all the employees do the same things that they were doing for years because everything was already working good. The thing I liked the most was when there was a problem the input to fix the problem was a combination of engineers and employees which made the employees feel like they ment more to the overall process.
Pros
Worker recognition
Cons
Being bought and sold like a used car
Very relaxed placed to work!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 1, 2016
A very pleasant place to work, coworkers love to welcome new employees with open arms. Management shows an interest in employees health and stability.
Great People to work with
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 21, 2016
Great Place to work for with a solid group of employees. Pay is great and the work load is challenging but bonus plans are pretty much non existence.
Pros
Great benefits day one
Cons
they promote on a like you basis not on skills
Productive and User Friendly work place
Customer Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2016
Supporting our Representatives world wide with the Customer Needs to keep their Cooling Towers working. Receive orders, find the parts requested, and ship them out as soon as possible. Support from management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot get the parts requested in the timely manner that the customer needs. The most enjoyable part is fulfilling my customers needs and providing exactly what is needed and when it is needed.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Micro-Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPX Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.