SPX Flow Employee Reviews

only temporary
Light Assembly (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 16, 2017
Good pay and was close to home. Lots of overtime offered and pleasant line and light assembly. Clean building and great cafeteria was treated very fair with good pay.
Pros
close to home
Cons
temporary
everybody is a boss
Packer/Palletizer operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 18, 2017
its a dog it dog company if are a temp they treat you poor and ask for respect you will be terminated on the spot if you work there avoid stone line with a guy named jeff
Pros
first shift only
Cons
not alot of overtime
Great Benefits and Safety Oriented
Light Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Port, MDSeptember 8, 2017
A typical day at work was pretty standard from day to day. I learned how to work closely with other people and manage my time. The management staff was very understanding and tried their best to give their employees the tools they needed to complete the job in an enjoyable manner. Everyone their treats each other like family. The hardest part of the job was training but the trainers took enough time with you to learn, then it was smooth sailing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition that everyone received for doing their jobs.
Pros
Vacation/sick days and benefits
Excellent place to work and great management team ,
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 28, 2017
I enjoyed every single day of work, we had such great team to work with. Unfortunately overall business wasn't doing too good and they had to reduce the amount of employees and I was one of them. Great place to work with.
Flow
Assistant Global Segment Controller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2017
• Technical accounting lead for global segment with $3B in annual gross revenue
• Responsible for global acquisition integration including purchase accounting, financial reporting integration and opening balance sheet
• Financial consolidations / reconciliation / analysis, coordinate external audit
Plenty of opportunity to advance and learn new things
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 25, 2017
I started at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way to the top. Plenty of overtime is available to all those who desire to work it. This company is in the food and beverage business; always busy.
Chaotic and hectic
Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
SPX FLOW was originally SPX, but the two became separate companies in 2015. SPX FLOW is now owned by an investment group. Focus is on constant cost-cuttings and not on process improvement, education, customer retention and employee relations. Management is inexperienced and inconsistent, which makes contribution of their employees null and mute.
Good employer for location
Associate Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 22, 2017
SPX Flow in Goldsboro is a good employer for the area. Compensation is good. There is room for all skills and education. There is a need for team members.
Markets very volatile. Management sometimes insensitive to long term.
Director of Supply Chain and Material Planning (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Very volatile market. Spinoff in 2015 reduced diversity of products. Leadership is young. Excellent internal networking opportunities. Very numbers focused organizatioMn.
Enjoyed working with colleagues at the plant level, however corporate management is in constant flux.
Business Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJanuary 4, 2017
In my position I was in a unique position to work with plant employees as well as corporate. At the plant level performance was above par as they constantly strived to hit moving targets/goals. Management was more concerned about wall street and "following in the footsteps of its peer group" than creating a company focused on growth. Subsequently my tenure there was a roller coaster of managers, 5 year plans and subsequent layoffs.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Strartegy and and customer focus
Technical Director, Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Carlotte, NCOctober 4, 2016
Paid attention on global manufacturing and supply chain.
But final cost was covered up by product rework and travel high cost.
Slow metrical update for corrosion resistance and lighter weight design.
It's also hurt by declined energy/oil industry.
Company is taking necessary steps to be competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2016
I enjoy my job, manager and coworkers. Management is making efforts to be more open and communicate with employees.

The company is currently downsizing corporate departments to address challenging industry conditions and mistakes of previous management.
a good place to dumb down with little chance of advansment
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 10, 2015
I have a 10 year old and thought the mother was giving up custody to me but being on 3thrd wouldn't work for judge at this time,i then found a day job and got the job but has now turned out to be a bad desission and cant go back to spx.strong background and work history,25 year exp machining.
Pros
close to home
Cons
3rd shift