We have a HAPPY disrespect for the usual way of looking (at life). This mindset helps drive us to design, market and distribute premium products for people who "live" to be outdoors, doing intense action sports, motorsports, snow sports, cycling and multi-sports—the things that make them HAPPY. We actively support the lifestyle subcultures that surround these pursuits, and as a result our products serve the broader fashion, music and entertainment markets of the youth culture. Our reason for being is to create the unusual, and this is what helps us deliver distinctive products to people who are active, fun and a bit irreverent, like us. It’s what makes us HAPPY, and our customers, too. Our principal products—sunglasses, goggles and prescription frames—are happily marketed with fun and creativity under the SPY® brand. More information about SPY may be obtained from: www.spyoptic.com, www.facebook.com/spyoptic.com, Twitter @spy_optic and Instagram@spyoptic.
SPY’s Purchasing/Logistics Coordinator must be a resourceful team player with exceptional management and communication skills. This position reports to the Inventory Production & Planning Director and is based out of our Carlsbad, California headquarters.
Candidate will be responsible to develop and implement strategic initiatives focused on inventory management, quality control, and vendor relationship strategies, including vendor evaluation, that advance the overall goals of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for placing orders with our factories (both domestically and internationally). Works with Production and Planning Director to ensure appropriate inventory levels for all inventoried items.
- Responsible for import of ordered goods from foreign manufacturers. This includes shipper, import broker, and governmental agency management. Must know status of items ordered at all times and effectively communicate the status.
- Responsible for management of internal requisition and purchasing system. Includes oversight related to requisition flow and processing as well as user profile administration. * Responsible for working with existing vendors and assist with sourcing of new vendors to ensure optimal pricing, order quantities and service levels are obtained. Track vendor compliance to ensure accuracy against agreed upon purchase orders, vendor agreements and QC standards.
- Proactive – know the questions to ask in advance, get answers and surface issues before they become problems, such as missed deadlines.
- Assist with special requests from Management as needed.
- Position will support other departments.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Word, Outlook. Prior experience with Great Plains a plus.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure, to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented & solution driven
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Independent, self-motivated team player.
- Minimum of 3-5 years inventory management and procurement experience preferred.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
Please include your salary history and/or requirements with resume submission. No Phone Calls Please
Available benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, 401k, FSA, paid holiday, vacation, and sick time.m