Square Employee Reviews

Not for those who seriously want to grow and learn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Homogenous culture with lack of leadership and management. There is no strategy deployed by management. They are young and have never managed. I would not recommend this place to people who appreciate diversity in thought, experience and background. Lots of group think here.
Productive and fun workplace with Pool table and shuffleboard
Customer Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with Pool table and shuffleboard. Square provided free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The workplace is very professional and I learned a lot of things from my co-workers.
I believe Symphony could be a great company to work for but they hire alot of family members, so it became very unprofessional.
Nurse Aide/ med tech (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2017
A typical day working at Symphony square was waking residents up for am care. i assisted with grooming patients per their needs. I assisted in giving the residents medications. I fed residents who needed that type of help. Minor house keeping. Daily companionship. Escorted residents to various Dr. app and activity trips.
Pros
I love working for the elderly, they can offer so much wisdom and friendships.
Cons
Loosing long term residents, they become part of your family
Amazing culture
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2017
Square is a phenomenal place to work. Great leadership, culture and inspiring people to be around. Amazing work life balance that makes being paid slightly under market worth it.
Very productive and engaging work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
I volunteer with a group from Rancho High School. We cleaned and stacked crates where the food would be put in and shipped to schools or other areas. The head volunteers were very friendly and worked as hard as the other volunteers.
Square was an AMAZING company -- Highly recommend!
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2017
This company culture was undoubtedly unlike any work envoirment I have ever seen. Amazing stock option, benefits, and great lunch provided and catered in each day.

I was at the company nearly 9 mos, my son had surgery and I needed 2 weeks off. My manager at the time (was pretty new) -- said I could not be granted the time. :(

I was super said to leave such an amazing company, but very happy to have had the experience.

Thanks you all!
Pros
great people, advacement opportunity, company macbook provided, benefits, employee stock purch opt. etc.
Cons
not even a single one
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to work. Greats perks and atmosphere. Fun and rewarding learning environment.
Pretty challenging to learn all the required info but provided great coursework and preparation
Young sales team
Mid-Market Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Good fit for new grads but not very engaging for senior sales professionals. Managers don't provide too much mentorship
Pros
Your own schedule, free lunch, snacks
An amazing company that treats their employers just as well as their customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2016
There isn't a typical work day, each day is filled with new challenges and difficulties. Each day ending in satisfaction.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Couches are too cozy
Easy job for seasonal
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 5, 2016
Easy job. Everyone is nice. Long hours and must be attentive to detail. The expectations are high in order to get quality orders to customers.
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2016
- Everyone is there to help!
- Friendly Coworkers
-Very Fast paced and challenging
-Transparency throughout the whole company
Great work environment
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2016
Square's work environment makes it really exciting to go to work every day. The people are so nice and it's a great place to learn and be more developed day by day.
diverse and eccentric atmosphere
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2016
get company with diverse people. great benefits and the customers are awesome. family community. sincere, genuine people. awesome place of employment, i enjoyed my time with them.
Draining and Frustrating Workplace
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Three week training on products, hardware, troubleshooting, credit card processing, and company history. Then a few sporadic online training. Daily notifications and alerts of "all hands on deck" to say please work as fast as possible and avoid creating internal tickets and emails to focus on phone calls. Very difficult to get answers to questions from managers and other team members.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short brakes, very demanding, little communication between departments
Fun fast paced environment
Square Payroll Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2016
The people are very friendly. Worked on a team with highly capable people. Managers respect your input. Changes and input to software is genuinely considered and evaluated.
It is a delight
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2015
The company is fun and takes care of their employees. I enjoy my time working there through my recruiting group. Fun place.
prep dinner for more then 300 people every day
cook (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 11, 2015
it really nice place to work it is great management, but hour is less for me at least I am looking for 40 hours a week and if possible ot that part.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun and Challenging place to work
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
I value the time that I spent at Square because I I grew a lot in my own personal development. Square fosters a fun environment and carefully balances fun with working hard. It's a company that you can work for and be proud of the product.
Fun and rewarding
Finance & Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2013
Great company with lots of talent. You're bound to learn something new several times a day.
Perks are great. Free food, flexible vacation policy and ...

One of the fastest growing companies eve.