Squarespace

Squarespace Employee Reviews

Relaxed, focused work ethic, freedom to innovate
Software engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2013
Pros: catered lunch daily, supportive management
Cons: health coverage used to be mediocre, now quite good
A collaborator's dream, it's easy to take the initiative to add features or improve the product, easy to find collaborators, and easy to get support and guidance from management. My favorite place to work so far.
Intense and Fun
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Squarespace is full of hard working individuals, who are self-starters and are passionate about the product. Our management teams care about us, and they genuinely interact with employees in all parts of the organization. We have many perks, such as Squarespace branded swag, great lunches, a game room, high quality desks and chairs, and plenty of sunlight beaming through the windows.

We hire great people, and because of this, I learn many new things each day.
One of the best places to work in NYC. Great product, awesome benefits, and sharp co-workers.
Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: choose your own gear, flexible work arrangements, private chef, top of the line health benefits, modern office environment in the heart of soho, stocked fridge and snacks.
One of the most rewarding professional experiences of my career. The Squarespace team and executives have done a great job building an environment that rewards hard work and curiosity.
A terrific environment with smart, friendly, enthusiastic people
Front End Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: catered free lunch, yoga studio membership, health benefits, top of the line technology, talented coworkers and management
Cons: a talented staff means you need to be better than you think you can be
At Squarespace we are all encouraged to innovate, collaborate and push the boundaries of design, the web, and our product. The hours are great, the environment is friendly and exciting, and the location is phenomenal.

The side benefits include daily lunches, typically catered four days a week with freshly prepared, healthy, delicious food, and the caterer is able to accommodate and dietary concerns. There is also a fully stocked kitchen with snacks, sodas, coffee, tea, everything you might need throughout the day.

The health benefits are far and away better than any other company you'll find. Period. The same is true for the financial benefits (401k, life insurance, etc.).

The tools are top of the line, with each employee given free reign to assemble a workstation to suit their needs and preferred set up. The software is cutting edge; if there's new software that will make our product better, try it out! The idea is to make the best things for our customers, without letting anything get in the way.

This is a company that does require you to be self-motivated. If you want to learn to do something, ask around and someone will be able to help you. But if you're the type of person that prefers to have work assigned to you throughout the day, this might not be the best fit.
You want to work here
Engineer (Current Employee), NYCFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: nobody yelling about meeting arbitrarily defined milestones
Cons: not enough dogs
Everyone is smart and interesting. The environment is laid back and fun. Useless people don't tend to stick around long, but everyone else does. There are plenty of serious engineering challenges and none of the ego and nonsense of the bigger tech companies.
Serious people, doing serious work in a relaxed environment
Business Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Everyone, from product, marketing and support, have a common goal in mind - build a product that improves peoples' lives, and to have fun while doing it.
Best job ever
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: coworkers, challenging, compensation, management, work/life balance
I've worked at a number of companies and I can honestly say Squarespace is the best ever. I got to work with extremely intelligent and talented people on challenging problems every day. The executive team is very supportive and the work environment is amazing. If you're looking for a great startup in NYC, this is the place. Hands down.
wonderful place to work
Customer Support (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2012
Pros: great benefits, catered lunch, stocked food and drinks, company outings
The environment at Squarespace is very comfortable and friendly and the company makes an effort to ensure that everyone has the resources they need to succeed.
Relaxed workplace with freedom to innovate
Product Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: freedom to innovate, free lunch, flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons: need to motivate yourself
I've worked at about 5 companies in my life, and what really sets Squarespace apart is the freedom to innovate. There are no technology preferences set in stone, nor hard deadlines to kill your creative spirit. You're free to create something original, get honest feedback from enthusiastic people around you, and push your changes to the world.

You get to work with some of the most creative minds in NYC, and experience the Squarespace passion for design first-hand.

The office environment is pretty relaxed, with flexible hours and take-when-needed vacation policy. Free lunch and a fully stocked kitchen are icing on the Squarecake.

If you love making websites, this is the place to be!
Chic workplace with clean design in mind and comfortable ambience.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: catered lunch, healthy snacks, fridge stocked with drinks, game room, library, cafeteria, squarespace swag
Located in SoHo, Squarespace's headquarters lives up to its name. A spacious, minimalist office with amenities that make you feel comfortable enough to be working at your prime the whole time you're there.

What I learned: Marketing is a science.

I'm on the marketing team and we're constantly discovering new channels to advertise on. We're optimizing the ways we reach our target market while expanding into new ones.

I feel that there's a high level of involvement in each team member of Squarespace. It's great that we hold meetings as a team and as a company which creates transparency.

My co-workers offer advice to me about whichever fields they're in, which helps me see the big picture.

I don't really find the job too difficult, it's challenging due to the volume of work sometimes, but I enjoy it because the co-workers streamline and minimize the workload for me.
I love what I do and who I work with, and sometimes I can't believe I get paid for it.
Product Designer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2012
Profitable since day one, collaborative environment, flexible schedule and vacations, gorgeous office in downtown Manhattan, top-tier health insurance, 401k with company match, daily catered lunch, game room and paid yoga classes in the building.
Serious work in a fun and friendly environment
engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2012
Pros: any equipment i want, catered lunch, video games, 401k match, paid healthcare
Cons: top down management, not enough product managers
Best part of the job is I've been writing production code since my first week here. Typical day is 10 to 7 and my co-workers are smart and dedicated. My javascript has improved a lot, and I've learned a lot about the role UI design plays in successful software.

About Squarespace

Squarespace's mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web. From designers creating the next generation – Read more