SRC, Inc. Employee Reviews

Built GM engines
Engine Builder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 3, 2017
Built Engines For General Motors. Worked on the line in various positions. Installing cams, Pistons, cramks ,putting on the heads. I ran pressure tester and I hot tested the engines.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
putting engines together at the pace we were running has it downfalls
It’s okay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2017
It’s a fast working place, and you lift up to 40 to 50 pounds and you have to wear safety things like glasses gloves and face mask and steel toe boots
Pros
Pay lunch
Cons
Short break
Corporate VS The Offsite
Site Administrator / ISSM (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2017
SRC, has a bad attitude when it comes to their offsite locations. The company as a whole promotes that promotion is based on who you know. The skills an employee brings will not help you move forward.
A change was committed recently that has pushed several talented people out of the company and others are upset about. I do not feel as though the company truly values its employees. Instead of properly being fair in reviews they don't care if Managers advised you to perform a task and you did it didn't matter.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Managers no room for promotion
Excellent Company
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 9, 2017
SRC is an excellent company to work for. There is an excellent work/life balance stressed. The compensation and benefits are wonderful. The flexibility I have in my job at SRC is like nothing I've ever experienced or will anywhere else.
Premier organization
Director, Security (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 27, 2017
As a member of senior management, Director Security, I also was responsible for Project Management, Export Control, Facility Services and Safety during my tenure, which as the organization grew I was able to 'spin-off the ancillary duties and focused on the corporations security program.
Pros
Good place towork and grow with a solid management team
Cons
Location is a challenge
Awesome company
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2016
SRC is an awesome company that I would love to work for. I worked on a project with SRC for school and the employees were extremely helpful. I would recommend any of my friends to work at SRC.
Horrible place to worm
Haab Staff (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 22, 2016
This job did not care of your child was sick in the hospital theh won't you at work. Not really any money to be made.. The owner expects so much of you but only gives you half of what he should. Very terrible place to.work.
Cons
Solid company to work for - work can get boring and redundant
Electronics Warfare Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2016
I'm a systems analyst there at the Dayton office. Life involves a lot of joking around and reading PDFs, designing systems via a janky software, or writing descriptions for said systems. The work isn't too terribly difficult if you understand radar theory, it just gets boring. I'll read PDFs for a week straight, then spend a few days planning how I will design my system (fun part), then build it and write descriptions (monotonousness). As far as mgmt, our current manager is a good dude, but info doesnt flow up or down, so we have no idea whats actually going on outside our bubble - currently trying to change it. I feel like a get shot down when I suggest ideas which could make the group better from the manager - so there's that. The company is actually very Employee oriented and its nice to see the CEO come to the office and tell us what the company's goals are and how they are planning on getting there. Benefits are pretty good I guess - you get to select what coverage you want and it will show you the cost as your doing it. Like i said, relatively easy work and I get paid a good buck.
Pros
employee oriented, relatively easy work, casual work enviornment, great coworkers
Cons
job gets very tedious, info is hard to get from manager
Great benefits
Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
company with great benefits and always have work to do, not much room for growth, can work independently and with a team, upper management doesn't really help employee grow and move up
Good Place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  offsiteSeptember 22, 2015
It's not bad place to work if you can get in a good contract. The benefits aren't that great. I work offsite so I don't know too much about working at the corporate office. The people are good and a lot of involvement (ie blood drives, highway trash pick up, car shows.
Good Company
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSSeptember 16, 2015
Diverse projects to get involved with that will be challenging but also manageable and enjoyable. Very relaxed atmosphere with opportunity to work from home. Great co-workers
Cons
Company with good intentions but growing too fast
Electrical/EW Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 9, 2015
SRC is a great place to get your career started. However, they are growing too fast, and management struggles to put people in the right position to succeed.
Great company if you need something stable and predictable. No innovation.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 28, 2014
SRC is a great company to work for if the reason you get out of bed in the morning is to get a paycheck. They have some of the best salaries and benefits in the area, bar none. Even through tough economic times they have kept their benefits package pretty amazing. This will probably stay true for at least the next 5-10 years as long as you can avoid the layoff lotto. But ...

The leadership from middle to upper management has very little vision, or else very little knowledge at executing a vision. The whole company has been riding out some huge production contracts from 10+ years ago, losing money all the while (remember those great benefits?), with no ambition or innovative ideas finding a hold. A large chunk of the company seems to be just riding out the bank account waiting for their retirement. Disruptive technologies and ideas are met with blank stares at best, outright rejection at worst.

The recent RIFs are just the first sign of things to come. If nothing dramatically changes in the strategic vision and direction of this company, the trend will continue until things are back to a couple dozen RF engineers tinkering in the lab ... which seems to be the way they want it anyway.

Senior management had a visionary leader and let him go because he threatened their comfort level. They need to get some vision and REAL innovation, fast - learn how technological products are designed and brought to market in 2014 (not 1992), or hire some people who can teach them.
Pros
Great salary and benefits, amazing retirement matching, health insurance, vacation, and direct tuition billing (NOT reimbursement)
Cons
No innovative future, riding out short-sighted government contracts to keep getting paid
Great group of people to work with
Program/Financial Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 22, 2014
The company is great and the customer I support is awesome. The group I work with are very helpful and work well as a team. Everyone there helps one another. The hardest part of the job is making sure you stay on schedule. Schedule is always impacted by availability of the system or budget. The most enjoyable part is working on a satellite system that help the Marines be prepared.
Pros
Cons
Contract not stable
productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2014
the hardest part of the job is the heat
the co workers there were nice and would help if needed
management was not the best especially if going there from a temp co.
SRC is a great company to work for and to develop ideas
Principal Scientist (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2014
I worked at SRC for 14 years and had some of my most exciting and productive years as a scientist, innovator, and developer in my life. I was enabled by support from management and the ability to acquire, foster, and develop an outstanding team of scientists and laboratory setting to advance forensic capabilities into new realms.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure that my group was funded in the ever-tightening federal setting - where our colleagues in the government were having budgets cut. The company, however, did everything they could to support our/my efforts in obtaining funds.

I enjoyed the energy, the colleagues, and the vision that was at SRC.
Pros
Great support at all levels; fine leadership
Cons
not a con, per se, but I wish that US funding had continued; this would be a great company to still be working for!
Great Work Enviornment
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY MANAGER (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Stable organization, great work environment, solid benefits
Outstanding!
Administrtative Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 21, 2013
My tenure at SRC Systems was very special and one of the highlights of my professional career. We were six (6) people operating a multimillion dollar, international energy consulting firm specializing in niche software catering to utilities. Our CEO was a Swiss national who started his career in the U.S. working for the Dept. of Defense; he developed our software and it quickly became THE standard for utility accounting and analysis worldwide. We were located in a very nondescript, eclectic neighborhood not far from the UC Berkeley Campus. Our office was rather generic and unglamorous. Yet our clientele was consistently amazed at our level of customer service and expertise considering our size and our very nontraditional staff.

I started there as a temporary worker and quickly established myself as an asset. I was immediately hired as a permanent employer and allowed to showcase my talents at every level. The amount of trust and autonomy afforded me was amazing; hence the rapid promotion from administrative assistant to office manager.
Pros
Exciting; fast-paced; glamorous; interesting; fun
Cons
We were bought out by a competitor who merely wanted our client base, once that happened we were unceremoniously dismissed
Easy work, hard to advance
HVL high volume line (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 11, 2013
this company is a good company to work for as long as you don't mind the stress of your job being threatened every day.
Typical day starts off with stretching the to high volume line with building alternators in a assembly line. Co-workers can be positive most of the time unless something doesn't go the way they planed (due to repetitiveness) working four 10 hours days was the most enjoyable part and overtime on Fridays.
Threat Analyst
Senior Net Centric Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2013
Good company with good government customer and company team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRC, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8