SRI International

SRI International Employer Reviews

Can be both productive and counter-productive depending on the people you deal with.
Network Operations Manager (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: working with military
Cons: long hours, lots of travel, pay is low
Typical days run 12-16 hours of work followed by another hour or so of down time where you may be required to make arrangements for the following days. Learning people skills and time management is the best tool out there to accomplish each and every task in a timely manner. Trust but verify is what I expect from my management and is what I do with – more... my management. Again, this is using the people skill, learning each others strength and weakness is key for knowing who to put where. Hardest part of the day is trying to make situations better or preventing issues from arising and at the same time, accomplishing a task that has been painstaking or challenging is the best feeling one can have. Nothing better than making everything work as it is suppose to. – less
Productive and Fun Work environment
Network Operations Team Leader (Current Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 7, 2014
Very relaxed work environment with great people. SRI is dedicated to their client and provides unique challenges for their employees.
Innovative and challenging technical solutions
VHDL/FPGA Designer (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMarch 4, 2014
Innovative and challenging technical solutions, requiring interaction, integration, and cooperation across multiple engineering fields.
Worked with wonderful people, very intelligent and knowledgable.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAMarch 4, 2014
My typical day at work was greeting managers and clients on a daily basis while keeping a positive attitude.

I learned not to be a perfectionist.

My co-workers were great. We worked as a team and enjoy getting the job done in crucial moments.

The hardest part of this job was keeping up with technology.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working – more... with people who helped to empower and embrace the person you are. – less
great, exciting company to work for. excellent work enviorenment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: we had an onsite workout facilities
Cons: breaks were to short
A typical day at work was fun and exciting.I learned new things which enhanced my skills as a accounting specialist.I learned how to transport the bank files after check runs. The people that I worked for and with was outstanding!
The hardest part of my job was doing the monthly report for the entire company. The most enjoyable, was learning and training – more... others. – less
An Awesome Experience
Recruiter - Contract Assignment (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 27, 2014
First of all if you do not know anything about SRI International I would look them up. I was amazed with everything that they do. Unfortunately this assignment didn't last long because work was slow, but this company is one of the best companies that I have worked for. Great people work there as well!
Biotechnian (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 17, 2014
The best part of this job is working with great people. I get to learn many skills and apply them to research.
Interesting non-profit experience
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Menlo ParkDecember 26, 2013
Great colleagues but lacking career advancement opportunities. Very slow process involved in taking an idea and testing the outcome. Overall has promise but not for postdoctoral fellows wishing to become group leaders
Learned a lot from this company
Clinical Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CADecember 23, 2013
Grateful SRI gave me the Clinical Mfg. Associate title at the very high end of the pay scale. Learned about drug product development, technical writing (SOP, MPR, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols), and pharmaceutical machine/equipment/materials purchase.
Cool place to work
Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 20, 2013
Pros: local
Technology pioneers. Excellent work and family balance. Talented workforce, mostly with Phds and Masters degrees.
Sales team may need to be augmented as they're not delivering the goods.
Productive and Flexible
Java Developer (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CADecember 5, 2013
It is a research organization. Processes are very informal. Project management is a bit week. Work is flexible. But Fun is very limited.
SRI (Stanford Research Institute) International: best place I ever worked.
Senior Technical advisor (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: world respected
Cons: working programs across organizational boundries
Institute offers excellent staff, and management. Scope covers almost anything in science & engineering. Challenging work & respected throughout world.
Staff are treated as adults. Minimum supervision; vetted by work quality, innovation, maintaining schedules, budgets and customer praise.
Growth and advancement strongly dependent on your managment to – more... recognize your skills and match work assignments that are complementary. – less
Excellent place to learn new techniques and interact with other professionals.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAOctober 28, 2013
I did cancer research which lead to possible new treatments for cancer. I learn many new techniques and was able to learn new scientific concepts from more experienced employees.
Outstanding place to work
Network Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Fort Pickett, VAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: relax athomphere
Cons: contract position
I enjoyed working with SRI International. Solved complex problems to ensure 3D monitoring was available for US Army Command. Enjoyed working with the team.
ok
Corporate Security Specialist (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 26, 2013
could be a great place to work they just have some old guys that have been there forever holding back the staff and taking up key positions
Lots of longtime employees, great place especially if you live in Menlo.
Research Social Scientist III (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: intellectually interesting
Cons: constant hunting for funding
Lots of flexibility in typical work day, but a typical day is a lot longer than 8 hours. I learned about writing competitive federal research grants. Management is mixed, coworkers are generally great, but all employees are competing against one another. Hardest part of the job was the 80 mile commute. Most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a – more... project. – less
n/a
Industrila Security Officer (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJune 26, 2013
fascinating company, you should look them up I'm surprised I had never heard of them until I worked there
dead end job
software engineer (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 25, 2013
Cons: lack of management, cheap
upper management doesn't care their employees. there is no training at all. don't see any future growth. co-workers are friendly.
Fun place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAJune 4, 2013
SRI is a fun place to work. They give you a lot of freedom to do what you want to do. The biggest downside is they can't handle growth well. Its a great place to tinker around with fun projects.
Productive and fun work place!
Vision and Learning/Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 8, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Amazing people, lots of fun, and great atmosphere! There are always events that HR host for company. Picnics and BBQs over the summer and they even have races and other activities during the year.