SRVS Employee Reviews

Its a job
Transportation Specialist/ DSP (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2018
Get in and get out. make your money and go home. there I no room to grow with this company. continue to look for something better. because at a blink of an eye YOUR FIRED!
Pros
working with PS
Cons
managers dont like it when you're on the PS side.
Average
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2018
I like the fact that their mission is to preserve the dignity and quality of life the clients well being. This company is a person centered care organization that truly cares
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2018
SRVS is a not safe workplace for community day base staff or clients. Srvs has very poor supervisor in the community base day. The clients that's in CBD are very sweet and lovable clients. The Direct Support Professional is unpaid for their service. The workplace for CBD at Srvs is very dangerous. The hardest part about working at Srvs is waking up and have to deal with the CBD supervisor. The most enjoyable day of CBD at Srvs is seeing the smiles on the clients face as the employees show them around the city showing them new things and teaching them how to be independent
A typical day involves assisting people with disabilities to become more independent.
Home Supervisor-Community Living (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
A typical day involves assisting people with disabilities. Direct Support Staff assists persons served with their activities of daily living, thus enhancing their independence.
Pros
multiple shifts
Cons
extremely low pay
The truth
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2017
The truth about SRVS is that the pay sucks you cannot survive on 9 an hour at all. They over work DSPs but do not appreciate them or give them credit when it’s due. The office is full of drama and they always mess up. Working here is a nightmare it is not worth it. A company full of black women and we get treated like The Help.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything’s else
Not that bad, somewhat better than other companies
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2017
DSP'S aren't paid that much, over worked and under paid. However I love caring for people and take pride in it.. knowing that one day I'll want someone to care and treat me fairly rather to just work for a check.
Pros
Very sweet residents
Cons
Low pay
Bad Management
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2017
The company is a great company to work for and the clients are great. The problem is that there are so many people making decisions to when a bad one is made no one is willing to own up to it.
Pros
Good Pay, plenty of hours
Cons
bad managers, very long days
It was fine I think they could pay more
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2017
It was a very delightful job because i was able to give genuine care . i was not there just for a pay check but to give an opportunity. Many people now today are not as caring as they should be and most of the time they under paid in this field.
You have to Love what you do
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with the persons served the management can be a headache. The managers are people I've known since starting at Srvs but once yhete is any investigations they act as tho they do not know you and what integrity and character you posess. I wouldn't go back to work with this company of they gave me a job. I miss my clients.
Good
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 25, 2017
It was a lot of hard work but I didn't mind. It taught me a lot about myself and patience. If I could still work there I would. Everyone was super nice to me.
Very nice place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
Nice place to work,The company cares about its employees and the clients. The company provides a safe enviroment and fun activities for the clients. I would recommend this company.
Pros
fun events
Cons
breaks with clients
you got to have a good heart
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
you working with adult who have mental issues with their daily life around the house take them shopping or to the park or zoo you have to bath some of them feed them etc.
Productive and love taking them out into the community
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2017
Introducing the individuals out in the community teaching them social interaction, Teaching them how to maintain a job and building relationship skills .
Pros
explore the community
Cons
more pay
Enjoyed my tenure there
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2017
SRVS is a very worthy organization for developmentally disabled individuals. Most of the employees take their jobs seriously and are truly dedicated to the mission
Pros
A very rewarding organization to work for
Cons
Long hours required of many employees
Work Ethics
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 17, 2017
I really enjoy my job here at SRVS, and most importatnly making a difference in my customers day. The hardest part of my job is leaving for the end of my shift, because I love them so much.
Pros
I love the perks and paid training.
Cons
Too much down time
Rewarding place to work and serve clients
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TnMay 5, 2017
I currently assists adults with disabilities. Typical day involves assist client with personal hygiene needs, getting dressed, preparing meals, light house keeping and administering medications.
Pros
PRN as needed
Cons
No benefits
horrible management
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL/ FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2017
I had the not so pleasure of working for the "Non-profit" company and 3 words. DON'T DO IT. the pay sucks, the management sucks, you work your behind off and its unappreciated .
home like feel for clents, and a warm setting
Home Coordinate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work, was making sure the paperwork was done in a timely manner, made sure the clients were taken care of to the best that I as an Home Coordinator could, far as shopping for them, clothes shopping, keeping the house up to code, and the staff doing their job to assist the clients the best that they can. The hardest part of my job was to get the staff to go the rules that were already in place, and they found hard to comply, and the most enjoyable part of my job was, seeing the clients smile, and looking healthy, dressed well, and going out into the community.
nice people and good menagment!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 11, 2017
At this job I learnt that being part of a team is very important in any job environment. Helping and working with each-other was a good experience. I became more confident workind at SRVR.
Pros
Nice environment
Never again
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2017
I worked here four years and absolutely hated it. In the beginning it was fine but then they showed me who they really were. This is a terrible place to work unless you just want to get some experience under your belt. The managers are very unprofessional and talk about everyone to one another. Very messy company and a lot of sneaky stuff goes on there.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
management is terrible, always investigations, you may be stuck at work if no one comes in, they lie about everything, the pay sucks, and they over work you.