SRVS Employee Reviews

horrible management
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL/ FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2017
I had the not so pleasure of working for the "Non-profit" company and 3 words. DON'T DO IT. the pay sucks, the management sucks, you work your behind off and its unappreciated .
nice people and good menagment!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 11, 2017
At this job I learnt that being part of a team is very important in any job environment. Helping and working with each-other was a good experience. I became more confident workind at SRVR.
Pros
Nice environment
Never again
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2017
I worked here four years and absolutely hated it. In the beginning it was fine but then they showed me who they really were. This is a terrible place to work unless you just want to get some experience under your belt. The managers are very unprofessional and talk about everyone to one another. Very messy company and a lot of sneaky stuff goes on there.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
management is terrible, always investigations, you may be stuck at work if no one comes in, they lie about everything, the pay sucks, and they over work you.
Rewarding place to work
Lpn Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Fulfilling and rewarding job, Good for nurses who are furthering education or at the end of their nursing careers.................
Pros
Stress free work environment
Cons
Personality conflicts with other staff.
Unstable work environments , unorganized and low pay
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 25, 2017
SRVs needs to train their departmen managers. They play the buddy system.The managers are too laid back. They don't follow the companies policies, just make up rules as they go. The pay is very low. The work hours are incertain. They call you at the brink of the hour for assignments as though you dont have a personnal life. The pay is very low for the mileage considering the wear and tear of your vechicle. They dont pay workman compensation if they can aviod it.Usually they do.The job is very risky with personnal injuries , no one seems to care.In reality the job is not stable. You have over 40 test to make, which doesn't mean a thing. The only good thing that I could say is that you are helping those who cant help themselves , but perhaps working at SRVs just dont benefit adults with families, bills and religion. You can't mention your fairh. I don't recommand this job to be honest.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Unprofessional management, low pay, risk of injuries, lack workman compensation for part-time workers.
srvs
One on One Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2016
Shelby Residential and Vocational Services is a good company I love to work with the mental and disability clients at the company. helping them find work and do everyday thing was a joyful experience for me.
Pros
work with clients
Cons
lazy co worker
Non profitt
Stabilization Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2016
I love what i do its just that i feel what i do i know that i am suppose to make way more money for it and they are a job that don't give raises. also it is a family type of organization you will never be able to get ahead there.
enjoyable
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNAugust 18, 2016
i like the flexability they give me so i can finish school and take care of my home. i am greatful that i am working 7 minutes away from home and i do not work on weekends.
Pros
the staff i work with
Cons
not enough pay
Awesome opportunity to help someone
Medication Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2016
Good company who provide great opportunities for people with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities.Associates share happy times while providing services for clients that they cannot do for themselves. In most cases, the residents become a part of their own families.
Pros
Opportunities for travel and outings
Cons
constant turnovers of staff
An ok work place
PRN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2016
a typical day a work would be going to my clients house, clocking in, then picking him up from work in his van.

If my client has anywhere to go i take him to run all erands.

Before the night ends i make sure he is fed and bathed before transferring him into bed from his wheel chair
Pros
meeting different people and learning how to care for them to make their everyday life easier/better
Cons
the work is not worth the pay, you have to genuinely enjoy the job.
Typical workplace occupation
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2016
As long as you do your job there is nothing to worry about. Like any typical job you will have your good days and your bad days.
The Clients Give Life
DSP (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2016
The clients are the only reason I fought to stay at SRVS for 4 years. It is not a pleasant atmosphere to remain in if you want to better yourself. The management is not ran very well and your co-workers all fight each other to make themselves look good. As stated before, the clients are the life of this job.
Pros
experience with adults with mental and intellectual disabilities
Cons
poor management, bad attitudes, unfair treatment
Providing Care to the disabilty
PRN (Caregiver) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2016
Daily shift requires: cleaning of the home, cooking for the individuals, assisting individual to desired location or for transportation, administering out medication.
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
Poor Manager skills provided
Great opportunity to gain experience in the medical field
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2015
Great opportunity to gain experience in the medical field. You can start out entry level and grow with the company. You will work with old and young people. Some are more independent than others. All of this which will help you to grow in experience if you desire a career in the medical field.
Pros
Experience of working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Pay rate
descent workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2015
everybody works together and is nice at doing so. although working seemed to be at a minimum at one point people always found something to put off and have someone else to do.
My intern experience working for SRVS
Internship/Administration (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2015
It was a great experience as an intern at SRVS. I learned aolt working there. I answered phone, took messages, did spreadsheet, input data information, and met a lot of great people working there.
A great place to work fulfilling and productive
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2015
I loved working for the USPS it's a great place to work when under the right management. It pays well enough to sustain a good living.
Pros
Great pay. Great opportunity to excell
Cons
Can be hard to balance life outside of the business due to high demand of productivity
productive and fun work place
DSP/ HOME SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnSeptember 28, 2015
Mentoring the individuals in there every day living. administering meds, shopping and daily activities at home and in the community
Unprofessional place to work
Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
This company should be a last resort and desperate move. Management are very unprofessional. I've worked for this company over 5 years and haven't had a raise. Others get raises in this company except the DSP's. It's all about the buddy system, you may be better qualified for a position but they'll pick their unqualified buddy instead. I could go on and on. This company SUCKS!!!
Pros
Paid vacations, working with clients
Cons
No lunch breaks, no raises, messy managers, very unprofessional company that don't care about dsp's
I love taking care of people that's in need
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2015
Coming to work care for special need individuals. I learn to be more prepared for the state by getting the books and medications prepared and updated. I was the home manager of the site I was at. There wasn't a thing hard about the job. I enjoy doing everything the consists of schedule clients appointments and community outing, preparing dinner dietary needs, bathing, clothing ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRVS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7