SRVS Employee Reviews in United States

The Clients Give Life
DSP (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2016
The clients are the only reason I fought to stay at SRVS for 4 years. It is not a pleasant atmosphere to remain in if you want to better yourself. The management is not ran very well and your co-workers all fight each other to make themselves look good. As stated before, the clients are the life of this job.
Pros
experience with adults with mental and intellectual disabilities
Cons
poor management, bad attitudes, unfair treatment
Great opportunity to gain experience in the medical field
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2015
Great opportunity to gain experience in the medical field. You can start out entry level and grow with the company. You will work with old and young people. Some are more independent than others. All of this which will help you to grow in experience if you desire a career in the medical field.
Pros
Experience of working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Pay rate
A great place to work fulfilling and productive
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2015
I loved working for the USPS it's a great place to work when under the right management. It pays well enough to sustain a good living.
Pros
Great pay. Great opportunity to excell
Cons
Can be hard to balance life outside of the business due to high demand of productivity
My intern experience working for SRVS
Internship/Administration (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2015
It was a great experience as an intern at SRVS. I learned aolt working there. I answered phone, took messages, did spreadsheet, input data information, and met a lot of great people working there.
descent workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2015
everybody works together and is nice at doing so. although working seemed to be at a minimum at one point people always found something to put off and have someone else to do.
Unprofessional place to work
Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
This company should be a last resort and desperate move. Management are very unprofessional. I've worked for this company over 5 years and haven't had a raise. Others get raises in this company except the DSP's. It's all about the buddy system, you may be better qualified for a position but they'll pick their unqualified buddy instead. I could go on and on. This company SUCKS!!!
Pros
Paid vacations, working with clients
Cons
No lunch breaks, no raises, messy managers, very unprofessional company that don't care about dsp's
I love taking care of people that's in need
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2015
Coming to work care for special need individuals. I learn to be more prepared for the state by getting the books and medications prepared and updated. I was the home manager of the site I was at. There wasn't a thing hard about the job. I enjoy doing everything the consists of schedule clients appointments and community outing, preparing dinner dietary needs, bathing, clothing ect.
productive and fun work place
DSP/ HOME SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnSeptember 28, 2015
Mentoring the individuals in there every day living. administering meds, shopping and daily activities at home and in the community
educational
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. You have to be a compassionate person to work here. Thee are challenges daily but I was ready. The management was good at not calling you in at last minute. The hardest part of job was when a client passed away.
Pros
th clients are worth it
Cons
short staffed
Not a Long Term Job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
I work for them 3 1\2 years.I absolutely loved the clients but management is not good at all absolutely no professionalism.
Pros
clients, overtime and working Monday thru Friday at the Day Center
Cons
PAY, and those NOTES!!!!
bad job if you need pay raises
dsp (Former Employee) –  memphisMay 1, 2015
I worked as a dsp for over 16 years and my ending pay was less than my start pay. The company found ways to cut salaries while increasing workload. I really enjoyed caring for the people that were disabled but I did so much and so many different job duties that it didnt seem worth it.
Pros
working with mentally challenged people
Cons
no money!!! pay cuts, combined different jobs into one
non-profit organization
DSP/PRN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2015
Being around friendly individuals that allow me to take care of them, and giving me authorization to provide for them. They provide many services for assisting special needs individuals to live life and accept the things they can not change.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive work place with continuous learning oppurtunities
Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  memphis, tnOctober 29, 2014
a typical work day consist of providing choices for the person supported, and then incorporate learning skills to help the person serve carry out the choices made, you learn a lot about how to better serve the person by staying focused and know the different signs that will alert you whether good or bad, my co-workers and my self are on a continuous learning opportunities to better serve the person,the hardest part of my job is not knowing, the most enjoyable part of my job is the accomplishments that the person serve makes on a daily basis because I believe that everyone can and is capable of learrning and doing something whether big or small.
Not fun at all worst place to work ever!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
Supervisors be sleep. Managers don't do their job. No pay raise at all. Very unprofessional
Sometimes you work alone on double shifts because supervisors don't have enough prns to fill spots.
Etc. not a good company!!!
Pros
only if you need a job bad
Cons
the whole srvs system!
Interested job
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Love the fact that love that job of a data entry. and loveable cowokers I work with daily I enjoyed...I met all deadline weekly and love the fact that I manage 5 to 10 daily.
Terrible
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  tnJune 27, 2014
This place management steals and tries to cover it up. How do you still from people in need. Management belittes the employees. The workers in the house are very nice along with the house managers. There is no place to go hr is no help at all when management overstep boundaries. That is why it is very important to have a tape recorder when speaking with management their to catch them in they lies
Pros
the clients and coworkers
Cons
the worst management ever
SRVS is not the best place to work
DSP (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnAugust 24, 2013
i worked there for 6 months, the women in the offices are unprofessional and ghetto, the only enjoyment i had was working with the clients that i served. its almost like a place designed to set you up to fail and the employees are full of drama. so i quite. this job will consume your whole day and then your still under appreciated by upper management, the more you give the more they want ( the upper management that is)
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
no concern for employess at all
Monitoring staff and clients
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2013
I am a former employee of SRVS. Every job has issues and needs to be fined tuned. I loved working with the clients and staff. The job was demanding I had a satisfied feeling when I left work. I made a difference by contributing to an environment that enhanced the clients lives.

Management (Supervisor and Director) were not experienced in handling situations that involved employees. The employee was guilty even when they were innocent. The system is set that the family is always right. You are expected to do whatever the family want to maintain your job. I am a protocol and policy person. I could not tolerate unfairness so I left.
Pros
excellent inservices
Cons
lack of concern for employees
Driver position at childcare facility
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2012
This was not a very good place of buisness to be employed at. I enjoyed very much being with the children everyday. Unfortunately the overall experience was not a good one. There was no room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was having to transport the children in a vehicle that was not kept in good maintainance and breaking down on the expressway with children on board in the cold.
Cons
unconcerned management
I loved working here because i love helping people.
Direst Support Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work was great here due to the fact I was always assisting someone with there daily living. I learned how to work with special need people. The management was good. My co-workers were good genuine people. The job wasn't hard. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I made the people that I assisted days easier.