SRVS Employee Reviews

The clients have everything they want in their homes.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2015
A typical work day Monday- Thursday consists of assisting or prompting meal preparation, housekeeping, personal hygiene, and finding out what the clients have on the schedule for the day. For the most part the clients have jobs in the community or at the Workshop. Depending on their level of disability, they are either transported to their job and dropped off or accompanied by staff on their job. The clients that work at Workshop are dropped off there because there are other certified staff there to assist them. On Fridays, clients come home get dressed after work and meet with other peers at Cici's Pizza or restaurant of their choice(as long as their funds will permit them) and then attend The Skinner Center. The Skinner Center is a place for clients to party with their peers, girlfriend/boyfriend on Fridays until 8p. In the morning they have other activities, such as, Art and Crafts, etc... for clients to do. After the Skinner Center, clients are transported back home to get relaxed and settled in. Medication would have already been administered and documentation completed. Staff would have went behind clients and touched up any unfinished detail on housekeeping, and when the next shift come, counted money of clients, counted controlled substances, brief the next shift on events of the day, and handed over keys. The hardest part of the job is the behaviors. They can get quite intense if you do not know how to handle them. Even if you, they can be intense. I loved every aspect of this job. I was looking forward to moving up in the company.
Pros
The pros are the days are fast. It is not a boring moment. This company allow alot of overtime, has benefits, and it is huge! They are very professional and have everybody intact with services, wants, and needs of clients.
Cons
The con are if you are not careful, you can be a victim of outburst, or worst physical assault. Also, one can get burnt out, because SRVS do utilize their good workers to the fullest. If you want to work, oh you will work.
Productive and fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2014
Working at SRVS on a typical day is very excited once i get clocked in and start my day.I have a client that enjoy me reading him a book,his favorite book.He always be the first to greet me at the door with a smile he is always excited to see me come.I have had a few of my coworkers say he stands at the door and be looking out the window for me and when someone say she coming in later on today he go sit down with his favorite book and look at it.I have had coworkers say they have offer to read him his book and he refuse to let them,they have always said he don't want no one reading that book but me.They say when I'm off and someone tell him I'm off for the day he always sit alone with his book and look at it and smile.Being an employee at SRVS has really made me feel like I'm making a difference in someone life,I really enjoy my job and what i do on a day to day basic.I always go home and say well i made someone day again,when i see someone feeling down or looking down i always have the right things to say to them to make them feel happy again.The hardest part of my job is leaving every day once i complete my shift i know i have to go home without my clients and i always think about them and hope to see them when i come back the next day or two.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i have made a difference in someone day to make it better for them letting them feel the love and care i have and letting them know I'm here for them each and every day.I have learned a lot working with clients and people with a disability knowing i can help in any way i can i feel i am a great  more... care giver and i feel with giving your all to someone who's disable will make them feel much happier and loved not only by there family members but were ever they may be to get support and care.I really enjoy being able to give a help an hand to someone who need me.I thank God every day for my straight and knowledge to make a difference in someone life.  less
Pros
healthcare
Cons
healthcare
Safe clean environments to work in.
House Supervisor/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me is after arriving at work I check on clients to make sure they are stable. Next I inventory food/supplies. Check to see if previous shifts have completed their assigned duties. Next I make sure schedule for activities is completed. Make sure clients medications are pulled and administered. Make sure staff are monitoring clients as the complete their chores as breakfast is being prepared. Each day is different there may be doctor's appointments and clients must be transported on time to them. I make sure their is gas in the car/van. Escort clients and staff in community activities that include a variety of events, museums, and physical exercise. Make sure staff work schedules are posted. I have learned several things working in this field. First, that you have to love your job and perform it to the required standards. Documentation is very important and must be done. As a supervisor I have learned that I have to treat and meet all employees at their different levels. Most co-workers have been great o work with. The hardest part of my job is keeping staff motivated. The most enjoyable part is to watch clients progress through the program and improve on skills. To see a glow in their eyes knowing how they were when I made the initial contact. Making a positive difference in all clients lives is most rewarding for me.
Pros
bonuses and some free tickets to local events.
Cons
benefits premiums are costly. salary is far too low
Monitoring staff and clients
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2013
I am a former employee of SRVS. Every job has issues and needs to be fined tuned. I loved working with the clients and staff. The job was demanding I had a satisfied feeling when I left work. I made a difference by contributing to an environment that enhanced the clients lives.

Management (Supervisor and Director) were not experienced in handling situations that involved employees. The employee was guilty even when they were innocent. The system is set that the family is always right. You are expected to do whatever the family want to maintain your job. I am a protocol and policy person. I could not tolerate unfairness so I left.
Pros
excellent inservices
Cons
lack of concern for employees
Work hard for less
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at work is dedicated to hard work with the clients they serve. I've learned in management their is no time to build a relationship with staff or clients. The unstableness between employees and management causes a bit of stressful situations with employees faces on a day to day basics. The hardest part of this job was trying to redirect co-workers negative way of thinking and working towards and positive goal. Most of the people I work with was hung up on how they prefer to work which, made it harder on others and the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for the position in management and the experience gained workin with a lot of diversity that made me stronger.
Pros
easy to advance
Cons
shows no consern for the employees
productive work place with continuous learning oppurtunities
Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  memphis, tnOctober 29, 2014
a typical work day consist of providing choices for the person supported, and then incorporate learning skills to help the person serve carry out the choices made, you learn a lot about how to better serve the person by staying focused and know the different signs that will alert you whether good or bad, my co-workers and my self are on a continuous learning opportunities to better serve the person,the hardest part of my job is not knowing, the most enjoyable part of my job is the accomplishments that the person serve makes on a daily basis because I believe that everyone can and is capable of learrning and doing something whether big or small.
SRVS is not the best place to work
DSP (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnAugust 24, 2013
i worked there for 6 months, the women in the offices are unprofessional and ghetto, the only enjoyment i had was working with the clients that i served. its almost like a place designed to set you up to fail and the employees are full of drama. so i quite. this job will consume your whole day and then your still under appreciated by upper management, the more you give the more they want ( the upper management that is)
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
no concern for employess at all
Unprofessional place to work
Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
This company should be a last resort and desperate move. Management are very unprofessional. I've worked for this company over 5 years and haven't had a raise. Others get raises in this company except the DSP's. It's all about the buddy system, you may be better qualified for a position but they'll pick their unqualified buddy instead. I could go on and on. This company SUCKS!!!
Pros
Paid vacations, working with clients
Cons
No lunch breaks, no raises, messy managers, very unprofessional company that don't care about dsp's
bad job if you need pay raises
dsp (Former Employee) –  memphisMay 1, 2015
I worked as a dsp for over 16 years and my ending pay was less than my start pay. The company found ways to cut salaries while increasing workload. I really enjoyed caring for the people that were disabled but I did so much and so many different job duties that it didnt seem worth it.
Pros
working with mentally challenged people
Cons
no money!!! pay cuts, combined different jobs into one
Terrible
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  tnJune 27, 2014
This place management steals and tries to cover it up. How do you still from people in need. Management belittes the employees. The workers in the house are very nice along with the house managers. There is no place to go hr is no help at all when management overstep boundaries. That is why it is very important to have a tape recorder when speaking with management their to catch them in they lies
Pros
the clients and coworkers
Cons
the worst management ever
DRIVER POSITION AT CHILDCARE FACILITY
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2012
THIS WAS NOT A VERY GOOD PLACE OF BUISNESS TO BE EMPLOYED AT. I ENJOYED VERY MUCH BEING WITH THE CHILDREN EVERYDAY. UNFORTUNATELY THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS NOT A GOOD ONE. THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS HAVING TO TRANSPORT THE CHILDREN IN A VEHICLE THAT WAS NOT KEPT IN GOOD MAINTAINANCE AND BREAKING DOWN ON THE EXPRESSWAY WITH CHILDREN ON BOARD IN THE COLD.
Cons
unconcerned management
I love taking care of people that's in need
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2015
Coming to work care for special need individuals. I learn to be more prepared for the state by getting the books and medications prepared and updated. I was the home manager of the site I was at. There wasn't a thing hard about the job. I enjoy doing everything the consists of schedule clients appointments and community outing, preparing dinner dietary needs, bathing, clothing ect.
I loved working here because i love helping people.
Direst Support Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work was great here due to the fact I was always assisting someone with there daily living. I learned how to work with special need people. The management was good. My co-workers were good genuine people. The job wasn't hard. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I made the people that I assisted days easier.
Not fun at all worst place to work ever!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
Supervisors be sleep. Managers don't do their job. No pay raise at all. Very unprofessional
Sometimes you work alone on double shifts because supervisors don't have enough prns to fill spots.
Etc. not a good company!!!
Pros
only if you need a job bad
Cons
the whole srvs system!
educational
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. You have to be a compassionate person to work here. Thee are challenges daily but I was ready. The management was good at not calling you in at last minute. The hardest part of job was when a client passed away.
Pros
th clients are worth it
Cons
short staffed
A great place to work fulfilling and productive
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2015
I loved working for the USPS it's a great place to work when under the right management. It pays well enough to sustain a good living.
Pros
Great pay. Great opportunity to excell
Cons
Can be hard to balance life outside of the business due to high demand of productivity
A lot of task and duties
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2013
I had have to learn many things on my own as far as my service recepiants. You have to do many things at one time and you must be on your game. I have my bachelors now and I see no advancement available or anyone coming to me for any type of advancement.
Not a Long Term Job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
I work for them 3 1\2 years.I absolutely loved the clients but management is not good at all absolutely no professionalism.
Pros
clients, overtime and working Monday thru Friday at the Day Center
Cons
PAY, and those NOTES!!!!
non-profit organization
DSP/PRN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2015
Being around friendly individuals that allow me to take care of them, and giving me authorization to provide for them. They provide many services for assisting special needs individuals to live life and accept the things they can not change.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
descent workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2015
everybody works together and is nice at doing so. although working seemed to be at a minimum at one point people always found something to put off and have someone else to do.