SS&C Technologies Employee Reviews

Everything is good except the compensation
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2017
People are really friendly here. I enjoy my co-workers and I do not ever mind to go into work, Ive had jobs before this one that I dreaded going into each day, but this one I never feel that negativity. Flexible with working around sudden things that come up if you have to come in late or leave the office for a little. Option to work from home when sick or bad weather so you dont have to take sick days is great. Compensation is not so great, , no bonuses, very little increment
Good company
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 1, 2017
Good company to work for and offers competitive salary and benefit package. Room for upward mobility within the organization.
Good job to gain experience out of college
PE Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 3, 2017
I think the management is awful. Not very nice and don't want to help because they are too busy. Training is not the best. You are left to learn the job on your own.
Pros
Not pushy on what time you get to work
Cons
Training and management
Worst Company You Will Ever Work For
Accountant (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 29, 2017
Ssnc tech is by far the worst company I've ever worked for. They promise so much in the beginning but once you get your feet wet, they rip the carpet out from underneath you. The 'training' available is very basic and very diluted. The team you're placed on is either socially awkward 20 year olds or weathered seniors who are actively looking to leave. I can't count how many people had quit during my short stint with the company. It doesn't help that the reviews online are awful, employee morale is just as worse, and you aren't driven or challenged in any way.

Quitting that place makes me feel free in every way possible. I've honestly never been happier, and every employee that's quit before me has said the same thing. I don't recommend this company to anyone- not even my worst enemy. Please do yourself a favor and block them from your social media, your LinkedIn, your email and your phone.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday, occasional team outings, 1-hour lunches, the ability to socialize with other teams, casual dress
Cons
The management is AWFUL, the perks upon being hired are false, nobody takes their job seriously, the Training is horrendous, the turnover is very high because everyone is miserable, the pay is well below averag
Ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Experience varies depending on the department. Some groups work long hours, a lot of office politics, sales is the main focus of the company.
Don't even try
manager (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 6, 2017
Pretty awful company to work for.
60 hours a week labor won't get you anywhere.
they will treat you like slave workers.
Lots of turn overs, which lead chronic understaffed situation.
high stress & under pressured work environment make employees yell and scream at office.
Average
Cash and Collateral Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 5, 2016
Entry level only. Culture is not great. Pay is well below market rate.People are not motivated. Clients view the admin group poorly. No direction from management. Teams push work on other groups, distance themselves from errors.
Awful Management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 17, 2016
Horrible Management. Dumps everything on you and doesn't pay nearly enough to put up with the amount of work dumped on you. I've had to work numerous of nights from home, or stay late in the office. The benefits are highly over priced. Depending on the team your on, it may be alright. If you get on GlobeOp...Run!
Pros
free coffee that's even bad...
Cons
horrible management.
Needs help from above
Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 17, 2016
They drag their feet for everything from transferring an employee to a new position to hiring help. Seem to promote people who dont deserve it and always let the good employees walk away
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
a job
Employee (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 8, 2016
I preformed a function. I learned some things. I had experiences. I received compensation. I made some friends. Need two more words.
System Analyst
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 4, 2016
Very stressful mornings. A lot of new projects and new client set up,.
Very busy every single day, Requires sitting all day, Friday is a bagels day. Free coffee.
Wonderful place to work for a younger demographic.
Investor Services - Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2016
Considering the median age is 29, it is a very different feel from a typical financial work environment. The fact that it is not sales is a plus too. The company is continuing to grow and is always looking for new ways to keep the workplace fun and interesting. The fact that you can for the most part set your own hours, within reason, is a big plus for those who may not exactly fit the 9-5. This company works well with those who want to have a family or further expand the one they already have. They also do tuition reimbursement for graduate school. They have many different types of jobs available for individuals of a variety of different calibers. They also have a gym that is open 24 hours to employees. They are expanding their office at a rapid pace which gives a lot of room for career advancement.
Pros
Food Trucks, Company functions, Tuition Reimbursement, Management
Cons
n/a
Mixed Feelings
Investor Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 21, 2016
The pay is great, but there is no training program for new hires. I was lost for at least a month having to ask for help with everything.
Good place to start off but not for long term
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYApril 12, 2016
Not much opportunity to progress. The people in charge of raises and bonuses are very much removed from your daily activities so there is not a lot of opportunity to show off how well you work.
Small company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Small company that is not organised and not focused on the employees' professional growth.

Poor management

Spent most of the day web surfing instead of being trained to excel in the position. Management was more focused on their own advancement than their subordinates.
Allows you to think outside the box
Director, Business Development & Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
No limit to geography, product or asset class. Must be able to manage your time well in order to be productive while pitching Alternative Funds arose the globe
Fast paced enviroment
Hedge Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 24, 2016
Very challenging place to work. A lot of learning on your own, unless you reach out for help. It is a younger environment, with a lot of younger people working there. Have to put in the time
Good Company, bad lower management
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 4, 2015
She was great VP, I ever worked with.
Start in the morning with free coffee, tea, open door policy.
Relatively good pay, good benefits, flexible time.
A lot of work, old applications falling apart, with hundreds error /exception emails raining every day. My jaw dropped, when I saw, commenting out the exception was the fix.
Director/manager lever management is strongly stuck with their or their buddies personal agenda, . Maybe my bad luck, but it was almost toxic and unbearable. If you are a professional with industry standards, work ethic, it is a serious problem. My observations are limited to two remote directors I worked with one in Chicago, one in New Jersey. I heard there are better teams.
eventually I quitted and moved to an other job.
I was not the only one , before four people quitted in a very short time. They were all good, hard working, good ethics people, they left.
Very high turnover.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Some uneducated, premature lower management.
Diverse place of employment offering many proprietary software systems and wide exposure to various departments
Assistant Manager - Advisorware Services (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 10, 2015
I believe SS&C Technologies has a strong management and excels in the industry. It is diverse place of employment offering many different proprietary software systems and a wide exposure to various departments.
Your experience will depend on your manager
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 9, 2015
If your manager likes you then you will have a good time. They don't really train new employees and aren't run properly. When you go to help out other groups no one knows what to do.

For a software company we have computer/software issues all the time. Company tries to save money the wrong ways. Our bathrooms are disgusting and you can never find a pencil or a pen. They buy a box of 10 pens/pencils for 150 person office. Yet they spent billions buying competitors.

Job titles and prior experience don't matter. The accounting department has IT, HR people that just got placed there and don't really know what they are doing.
Pros
pay 70% tuition
Cons
Job titles don't matter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SS&C Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8