SSC Employee Reviews

Very clean work place nice employers
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. They really understandable and they really work with you. I didn't enjoy cleaning until I started with this company.
Professional
Security Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 22, 2016
Always do your job and you'll be fine. Even though it's hard to get fired make sure you're always on your game. The communication center is where I have the problem for the most part.
Steady hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2016
Unorganized simple housekeeping job. It was very unorganized and very short staffed. Working with coworkers that know how to work and we're still fun were the best. It was great for overnights because not much people be there
Pros
Short breaks overnights
Cons
Unorganized management
Third Shift Management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2016
My typical day at work is cleaning classrooms and public restrooms at the VCU compass from 10pm-6pm. The problem I have is that the head manager does not commicate well with employees, for instances if there is any thing that he needs to address me with he always send messages through my co worker, which I find to be unprofessional. I'm not use to that.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
They do not compensate the good workers like they said in orientation, each employee gets graded on on job performances weekly
Great Hours, Terrible Management
Delivery Driver/Card Handler (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXAugust 17, 2016
The cool thing about the job is I get to make my own hours, but it's because of the department that I work for. The manager for my department is awesome, but the "Big Man" is AWFUL!!
Productive crew and a very fun crew to work with
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 21, 2016
Clock in, have a crew meeting, go out to the barn, fuel up the equipment for the day, start at the first property then move on once all jobs are complete. Lunch around 12 after clocking out, 30 min lunch break, followed by next property.
Pros
Overtime is offered when needed
Cons
Temporary worker, no benefits
a productive and fun work place
Porter/grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed the job enviroment very much, my employer was outstanding and runs a very productive workplace. I would very much like to work for them again ,they have a honest concern for the working man.
Pros
christmas bonuses, healthcare
Cons
nothing bad about working for them
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 16, 2016
ok it was ok could of been better the management was not necessary professional i wish that they were more kind hearted and well rounded
productive
costodian (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 10, 2016
a typical day at work would be monitoring restrooms and trash in offices, classrooms and restrooms. I learned different way of keeping up with job duties . i worked well with other employees. I cant seem to think of anything hard about my job. I enjoyed having my own building and accomplishing my work duties as best as i could.
Pros
breaks
Cons
health care
Love my job
Supervisor / Console Operator / Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 20, 2015
Although I have been working for SSC for such long time. I can say that I still love my job. I get to greet employees, visitors and contractors. I feel like part of their families
Pros
No Benefits
Cons
Good work enviroment
Hard, heavy, laborious work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 21, 2015
SSC Custodial work was hard, heavy work and very laborious in the Summer working without air conditioning. They do not pay hourly employees holiday pay. I would not work for them again.
I work at a leading Ivy League school
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia Pa,May 20, 2015
My day begins checking in with my staff, reviewing operational reports, and Approving payroll.

I've learned that customer satisfaction is our primary goal.

Management is the heartbeat of any business, effective management creates future business.

I work with a great group of people.

The hardest part of my Job, is ensuring my staff keep their eyes on the ball.

I enjoy knowing I gave my best, and the customer is pleased with our efforts.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
There are none, Work is work, your attitude determines your altitude
Enjoyed my time there
contract manager (Former Employee) –  rusk, txFebruary 17, 2015
SSC is a good place to work with opportunity for advancement however an employee must be prepared to move around if your contract isn't renewed.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Might have to move every three years
No place I want to work
Unite Director of the Physical Plant (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXDecember 19, 2014
No place I want to work. Managers don't tell you the truth. They are very slow to respond to your questions. Continually violate their contract by taking the benefits we were promised.
Its a great entry level job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
I loved working here help be become a better supervisor. I cant speak on too much more but I would suggest this company as a start for any college grad
Busy but interesting.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 9, 2014
A typical day is a very busy day, being called on radio if needed to clean up a spill or any other accidents during the day. We are also responsible for helping with functions putting up displays and being there during the time of the function and cleaning up afterwards. I love working with most of the employees, it does take a team effect to get things done on a timely manner.
Pros
seeing and dealing with some special kids
Cons
no sick time. you don't work even holidays you don't get paid
Fast paced, general labor
Floor Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIMarch 8, 2014
I worked overnights, cleaning floors in large retail stores. It was a difficult job, especially in the winter months, but I was able to do a great job, always getting compliments on my work from store management. The hardest part of the job was stripping the floors. Scraping old wax off the floors was a long process and we didn't stop working until the job was done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet so many different people, store associates, store managers and even customers and hearing their compliments on our work. I also enjoyed that it was a full time job, that I did 6 nights every week, and I made a great salary.
Great job
Central Security Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Coventry, RIDecember 24, 2013
In terms of Corporate Security it is an excellent place to start. I have been employed for a few months here and have acclimated very well. Management really cares about their workers and do their best to take care of everyone and lead by example.
Fun and enjoyable at first until realizing 7.50 hr is all anyone will ever make.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 8, 2013
Typical day includes mopping, emptying trash, cleaning bathrooms. Co-workers come and go quite regularly but some remain long enough to maintain cordial relationships with. The hardest part of the job is knowing a raise is never in the making. The most enjoyable part of the day is clocking out.
Very Professional
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 10, 2013
I enjoy working for this company there also a good learning experience. Also they give fair oppertunities.