SSG

SSG Employer Reviews

All finance responsibility
Controller (Current Employee), Brookline, MAAugust 29, 2014
This Company is a development and construction company that had a recently sold portfolio. Used Baupost as the equity partner on all projects.
Non-profit Organization
Interim Director (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 12, 2014
Cons: sometimes work long hours.
Great organization. Sometimes work long hours. Rewarding to be apart of organization providing services for the underserved population, homeless, those in need.
Great environment with tons of opportunity for advancement.
H.Q. Platoon Sgt (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WADecember 11, 2013
Pros: responsibility and physical conditioning were great.
Cons: being gone from family at a moments notice.
While in the Army a typical day as HQ Plt Sgt, was very challenging. I was required to ensure all personel was accounted for and common areas cleaned prior to Physical fitness training which started at 0630. Also acting as Training Room NCO I was required to have accountability reports submitted by 0800 for review by the Commander and Sgt Major. The rest of the day consisted of training whether it be classes which I was to prepare or field training. The physical aspects of this job were difficult but also some of the most enjoyable.
Learning was an essential element to excelling
SGT (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSOctober 18, 2013
I learnt how to lead soldiers and went to school for higher education.
Combat enviroment with great co-workers.
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: the pay
Cons: the living conditions
It was a stressfull enviroment with alot of interactions with military personnel. It required alot of heavy lifting and countless hours of work. I worked with highly motivated individuals which required alot of team work from which I enjoyed. It was a 12 hour shift and and we worked Monday through Sunday.
very pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, KYSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: no communication
Overall the company was a nice place to work. They had financial problems and ended up closing.
Learned how to effectively contribute to the lives of people getting out of prison and jail.
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2012
As a social work student intern I learned a ton about individual and group therapy and case management.
US Army SSG
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson/Redstone Arsenal/Ft. AP HillJune 18, 2012
Staff Sergeant in the United States Army is a rewarding position with many scopes of responsibility. It is the pinnacle position in the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Community and is the go to person on the ground to make the decisions based off his/her knowledge base and training. We are responsible for millions of dollars in equipment and life, limb, and property of all persons on scene of a piece of ordnance or improvised explosive device.