SSG Employee Reviews in United States

my jobs
Intelligence Sergeant, U.S. Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 22, 2015
My last 2 jobs were pretty well scrpited. I had set schedules and did a little traveling as well I dont mind talking and meeting new people which i did all the time . I look forward to new challenges.
Pros
meeting new people and completing tasks early
Staff Sergeant in the US Army
Acting Occupational Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 29, 2015
No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of Soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as “The Backbone of the Army.” I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers, and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the military service, and my country; regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watch-word. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind: The accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my Soldiers. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer, I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All Soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my Soldiers, and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my Soldiers, and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my Soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget,
  more... nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!  less
Pros
Protecting Americas Freedom
Cons
Freedom isn't free
A diverse role in which I was able to grow as a medical professional and a leader.
MN National Gaurd Medical Platoon Section Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 6, 2014
There was no such thing as a predictable day at work. When on drill status (not deployed) I would be educating junior medics through a PowerPoint lectures one weekend and the next we would be implimenting the lecutes into realtime, hands-on training out in the field.

I spent my first deployment on a peacekeeping mission patrolling through villages with the infantry units. Our mission was to identify the needs of the entire section of villages and assist in bringing together two cultures that had an ancient hatred of one another. Through this my personal responsibilities fell to the health and welfare of 40 person platoon walking through the villages with me. I would educate/train the soldiers how to treat each other at the point of injury, I would maintain soldiers' health/welfare while keeping in mind our fighting strength as an entire unit by screening soldiers for 'sick call' which was the on base clinic and educate them and be a resource for them should they ever need further care.

My second deployment I had risen to the rank I finished my contract with. I was one of the medical platoon's section sergeants. Here my responsibilities diversed into three broader categories. First, I was a leader and a mentor to 4 platoon medics. It was my responsibilty to make sure they had been taking care of their soldiers as I had done on my first deployment. Second, I was a liason between the platoons these 4 medics served and the higher Company element. I kept the senior leadership informed of our fighting strength and training development, I also brought down to the lower levels our
  more... medical capabilities that would be available for individual missions. Third, my responsibilities fell to the Battalion Aid Station where my job responsibilities closely resembled those of a nurse at a clinic. I worked directly with a PA-C assisting in any needs of patient care and performed medical screening/triage, assessments, and assisted in treatments.

The hardest part of working through the military was witnessing such anger and hatred from cultures of people toward others. I had the pleasure of working with some of the brightest minds as well as the task of being alongside others motivated by the simplist of measures such as money. What made this job unique was to see countless amounts of cultures all wearing the same uniform and working towards the same goal.
Pros
most current tactics/procedures, vast amount of experiences
Cons
promotion system, shaving every day
All finance responsibility
Controller (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 29, 2014
This Company is a development and construction company that had a recently sold portfolio. Used Baupost as the equity partner on all projects.
Non-profit Organization
Interim Director (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 12, 2014
Great organization. Sometimes work long hours. Rewarding to be apart of organization providing services for the underserved population, homeless, those in need.
Cons
sometimes work long hours.
Great environment with tons of opportunity for advancement.
H.Q. Platoon Sgt (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WADecember 11, 2013
While in the Army a typical day as HQ Plt Sgt, was very challenging. I was required to ensure all personel was accounted for and common areas cleaned prior to Physical fitness training which started at 0630. Also acting as Training Room NCO I was required to have accountability reports submitted by 0800 for review by the Commander and Sgt Major. The rest of the day consisted of training whether it be classes which I was to prepare or field training. The physical aspects of this job were difficult but also some of the most enjoyable.
Pros
responsibility and physical conditioning were great.
Cons
being gone from family at a moments notice.
Learning was an essential element to excelling
SGT (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 18, 2013
I learnt how to lead soldiers and went to school for higher education.
Combat enviroment with great co-workers.
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2012
It was a stressfull enviroment with alot of interactions with military personnel. It required alot of heavy lifting and countless hours of work. I worked with highly motivated individuals which required alot of team work from which I enjoyed. It was a 12 hour shift and and we worked Monday through Sunday.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the living conditions
very pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYSeptember 5, 2012
Overall the company was a nice place to work. They had financial problems and ended up closing.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
no communication
Learned how to effectively contribute to the lives of people getting out of prison and jail.
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2012
As a social work student intern I learned a ton about individual and group therapy and case management.
US Army SSG
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson/Redstone Arsenal/Ft. AP HillJune 18, 2012
Staff Sergeant in the United States Army is a rewarding position with many scopes of responsibility. It is the pinnacle position in the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Community and is the go to person on the ground to make the decisions based off his/her knowledge base and training. We are responsible for millions of dollars in equipment and life, limb, and property of all persons on scene of a piece of ordnance or improvised explosive device.