SSI Employee Reviews

my workday
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 1, 2017
to chart and make upgrade requirements to the electrical system as per requirements when issues came up. The place was clean and a great work environment.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
insurance was costly for the family
cylinder block product
tc operatore (Current Employee) –  coumbarltoreDecember 23, 2016
I am work at this company on past two years. This company mades aluminium product s like TVs cylinder block. Also SS and Ms material product s under taken.
Good work environment
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 28, 2016
We build homes from the ground up starting from the footer to the slab we even put block walls and tie beams.
But that's not all we even travel we've made the foundation for a Zatarain's building and a bud wiser building .
Pros
Relax work environment
Cons
Some hot summer days
not enough hours
CALL REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2016
This company recently cut our hours back and I didn't have work for almost two weeks straight. I would like a job that not only pays better but has set hours.
Pros
The job duties were way to easy.
Cons
We only get one fifteen minute break.
Nice but very boring
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2016
This job pays well. It is very easy but the only problem i have with it is that its very boring. You start falling asleep or coloring or tapping on the desk for hours. I also noticed some of the supervisors are rude. They laugh at you if you do something wrong and accidentally make you feel uncomfortable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very Boring
Fun workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 4, 2016
Everyone was friendly. The supervisors were very considerate. They were also very flexible with your time if you had another job or were going to school. This job was so much fun.
Ssi
Social Secuirty (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PAOctober 23, 2016
Not really sure what to say a out social security besides I've been on it the last ten years and with my disability it definitely helps me out as well as being able to work so may hours it great it's not to much on my disability and work is just enough to me to servive
Great
Remodel (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 20, 2016
People were great to work with and always helpful. traveled all over the country. Meeting new people everywhere I went. Pay was really great. Management was wonderful to work for as well.
Pros
travel
Cons
away from family
it has fun while working with them. :)
SC/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  sm north edsaSeptember 26, 2016
it has fun while working with them. :) handle the customer with care, make all the responsibilities well & love with your job.
They lie
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 17, 2016
They will the job title is a "Desktop Support Technician (PC Technician )" and they will say, "you are required to be A+ certified" but they submit you for jobs that don't even need an A+ certificate.

They tried to hire me to a job that required me to be Dell certified and if I wasn't then I would have to pay for the tests myself. They don't tell you that until you fill out there application that they will send to there client.

So then if you don't even get the job you pay for a Dell certification that you may have not wanted.

Do not fall for there schemes. If they were smart they would apply you to jobs that actually fit the A+ criteria and not try to make you get another certification.
Pros
Cons
They lie
Great job
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Belridge,caAugust 26, 2016
Great job but of course your working in the oil industry and you never know when its going to crash. The people are most helpful and you learn a bunch of new skills.
Pros
Great hours and tons of money
Cons
Oil is unpredictable
Didn't enjoy how random hours were
Caller (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 15, 2016
There was no set schedule, so it was hard to come into work. I live in another town and so I would head into work and then get a message from the boss that said to not come in. I would already almost be there. They weren't organized.
High Stress
Agent (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 14, 2016
I was stressed out everyday. They made you feel poorly about yourself. They would call you out and yell at you in front of everybody when you could not get the numbers they wanted. It was like they had no idea how hard it was to get someone to take a survey. They would even threaten to fire you if you didn't meet the numbers they needed for the day/ night. Over all working there gave me anxiety. The worst part was they fired everybody with out a notice.
Cons
horrible hours, bad pay, high stress
Assebly Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 22, 2016
Enthusiastic team, productive work. The shifts that you work can be hard but it is a rewarding company. SSI is a place I would recommend to work.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
not very stable
telephone surveyor (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 8, 2016
Typical day at work is sitting at a desk making phone calls around the states giving surveys to people about the Presidential election.
What I learned is how to become a telephone representative.
Management is really rude.
My co-workers don't interact.
The job is really easy so not hard at all.
The enjoyable part is getting people to take a survey with you.
Welcoming management
Mechanical Insulator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2016
The work and people I worked with were always supportive and did what they could to assist when I needed help with anything work related. Safety is important.
Pros
Free OSHA training for full-time employees
Cons
healthcare
Some good days
Disability (Current Employee) –  Hughestown, PAMay 18, 2016
It has it's up and downs, some days are better then others. I am glad there are programs in place to help people in this situation.
AECOM management not good.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 17, 2016
SSI was a great company, but when AECOM bought them out everything went downhill. Upper management of finances completely ruined the company.
Poor working environment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 1, 2016
The owner will entice you with a lot of smoke and mirrors.
A typical day is very disorganized and stressfull.
I have learned never to work for or recommend this company to anyone.
The so called management is haphazard, unknowledgeable of the position that they are in. Very abusive of the position.

Most of the co workers were great, easy to work with very team oriented. even though we were not team work oriented.

the hardest part of the job, dealing with the owner !!!
The most enjoyable part was making a customer who was very un happy due to the management very happy.
Pros
Cons
All Listed above
Develop applications to meet client needs.
Contract - Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Review, Design, and Implement software applications and publish to production servers. Provide technical support to end users and document user training process for library research and best practice approach to resolve user related issues.
Pros
flexible time periods for project development and completions status review.
Cons
small company with large client base for applicaiton request.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSI. Our community is ready to answer.