SSM DePaul Health Center Employee Reviews

SSM DePAul is aGreat company to work for! I volunteered in the VSET program and was able to meet new people and learn new skills.
Volunteer/ Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2016
Great company to work for! I volunteered in the VSET program and was able to meet new people and learn new skills. I had great mentors and teachers to help me through the process.
excellent
Resident Physician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2015
excellent facility with excellent resources for resident physicians. offers a well rounded experience for resident physician developement
High stress.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 25, 2015
This is a very stressful job, and an employee would need to have highly developed coping skills to deal with it.
A diverse and positive work environment
RN, Behavioral Health Services (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 9, 2014
SSM Healthcare is highly dedicated to excellent patient care and has a proven, award winning track record with both patient and employee satisfaction. I highly recommend the SSM Healthcare System to any individual interested in being part of a wonderfully diverse workplace with a focus on teamwork and positive work environment.
Pros
Self scheduling, flexibility
Micro managment/ Unfair and broken policies by managment
Registar (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 28, 2014
I was a loyal and hard worker for SSM DePaul and Corporate however management was horrible. There was not much growth for promotion outside of the clinical world.
Pros
The pros were working with the public and making a difference
Cons
Hard workers overlooked
Great Opportunities
Clinical Partner (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 20, 2014
SSM DePaul Health Center is a great facility to share your knowledge and expand your knowledge.
Productive and very busy department
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
Days are normally 7 to 5:30 4 DAYS A WEEK. Co-workers are as dedicated as you are which makes for a productive and patient completely satisfied experience.
Daily case load can be from 10-20 cases a day. Call in can be often, if not daily.
Management is not often involved unless situation could reflect upon our management if not handle or controlled by them.
Nurses are the true heartbeat of the department. With their expert and professional work, fortunately management rarely needs to be involved.
Most enjoyable part of job is working with professionals that care and work as hard as you do. We don't depend on management for kudos we give them to each other daily.
Pros
Good Dr's, fast and efficient
Cons
Do not often get breaks or lunches, often expected to stay late
LOVED the 3 days of working
Clinical Partner (Current Employee) –  bridgeton, moFebruary 14, 2014
FAST PACED
learned how to draw blood
friendly co workers always meeting new people
hardest part were working holidays
enjoyable part knowing im helping a sick person feel better and promoting independence
Pros
bonuses
Cons
12 hour shifts
Fulfilling environment that is helping people recover from health issues.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day as a transporter includes transporting as many patients as you can in a safe manner, helping the radiology modalities with various tasks when asked to, helping employees and visitors find their way to their desired location. Management in the Radiology Department includes very nice individuals who are motivated to improve patient experience in every facet. It is hard to see patients there everyday and not improving. You may get to know these patients well and it is sad to see their level of health decline to what may lead to them passing. On the other hand, it is wonderful to see patients come back from the grasp of death to lead on a healthy life.
Pros
Friendly staff. Cafeteria food is quite good.
Cons
Expensive cafeteria food. Seems difficult to advance, at least from my current job position.
Pleasant caring enivironment
Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 19, 2013
Assissting patients with ADL's, Partnering with nurses to provide optimal care for the patient and family.
De Paul
Registered Nurse/Clinical Support Nurse (CSN) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 10, 2013
I am pleased with my co workers and with the progress I've made at De Paul. But I want more experience in the nursing field and the chances of progressing up at De Paul are low because it all depends on who we are connected to. There is also a lack of cultural competence with management.
I really felt like I was a part of something great.
Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 13, 2012
I really enjoyed and found it very challenging working in the hospital atmosphere. I was very fast-paced and there was always something to do. I met some very good people in the patients. Also, I met some very interesting, and hard-working professionals.
Pros
great benifits and commorodity
Cons
having to take my medical leave
Educate all employees as needed and provide exceptional patient care
Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.October 31, 2012
A typical day at work starts with bedside report. Provides patient with opportunity to communicate to staff questions and be aware of what is going on with their care. SSM educate employees on an on-going bases as appropriate and as needed. Co-workers are very nice, informative and are always helping out. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference and helping out others.
Pros
excellent benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM DePaul Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

SSM DePaul Health Center Reviews by Location