SSM Health Care Employee Reviews

job
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 15, 2015
its a good place to work, but I am use to the state where I get paid holladays and paid time off. but when you work for health care you don't get any of that. and the pay is a lot less then other health care
Very good place to work.
Senior Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
Job provides for a decent work / life balance. I was a telecommunications analyst for SSM Healthcare of Oklahoma. The pay is good. The only issue I had was the lack of training
Pros
Good pay, good work / life balance
Cons
lack of training
St. Marys
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 2, 2015
 Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
 Telemetry training and experience
This facility was rated one of the Best places in St Louis to work. I concur
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MissouriJuly 26, 2015
Co-workers are fun and always willing to assist in any way possible. They are the GREATEST group of people. I have ever worked with in a hospital setting.
Clinical Experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 11, 2015
I have learned alot working with the staff and patients at SSM. Everyone is polite and I got to see alot and learned that i love taking care of the paients.
This was one of my favorite places to work.
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2015
The people that I had the privilege to work with were true professionals, and were always there to lend a helping hand or piece of advice when needed. The owner is the kindest and most giving person that there is.
Adult Unit
Psychiatric Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 20, 2015
Performed a vital, front-line function in all healthcare settings as I observe, treated and interacted with patients -- often more than any other staff. I carried out doctors’ orders, serving as the eyes, ears and hands of the unit. I reported back on how the treatment was working or any unusual symptoms that needed professional attention. At the entry level, I helped patients with personal grooming and other activities of daily living. I also help conduct educational, recreational and therapeutic activities. Took part in both the planning and implementing of patient treatment plans. Was responsible for admitting and interviewing patients, record-keeping, administering medications or assisting in it, and conducting therapy sessions.
As Psychiatric Technician I need good observation skills. Important personal characteristics included a stable personality, ability to work well with people and a true motivation to help others.
To seek a position in my area of expertise where my knowledge is of benefit to others.
CORPORATE CASH POSTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146May 13, 2015
Company is good overall, and is contusive with my life style as far as the hours and flexibility is, however the hourly wage is rather low for all of the work that is required. It is a secure position and the management teams are very well equipped to assist where needed. The healthcare organization that I work for is all helping others and I really do like that.
Pros
Lots of perks for their employees.
Cons
Wages are low and not many pay increases.
Senior Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2015
Ok pay but great work life balance and work from home options. There has been a lot of management change but once this has been worked through things will be back to normal
productive
Certified nurse aide &Medication tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2015
taking care of sick residents everyone worked together as a team management was great hardest part when the company had to shut it's doors the resdients made you feel they appreicate your help
Pros
they gave the workers acknowlegements cards they always said thank you
Cons
not enough hours
good workplace
dietary worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2015
SSM is a very good company to work for. There are tons of benefits available. there is PTO, tuition reimbursements, health insurance, and more.
Pros
benefits, 10% discount
Cons
short breaks, exposed to illnesses
Gained valuable work experience
Apprentice/Journeyman Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2015
I spent the entirety of a four year apprenticeship and one year as a field journeyman/mechanic with SSM. I learned hands on techniques and "tricks" of the trade throughout my time with this company. I worked on a large variety of field sites including new construction sites, renovations, industrial, and hospital work.
Pros
good work experience
Mission/Faith Based Organization, Rich in History and Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist - PRN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
SSM Health Care provides exceptional health care to all who come through their doors, regardless of their ability to pay. As far as an employer, I have enjoyed my time working there and had the opportunity to contribute to many different projects, supporting the Mission and Values of the organization. It's very fulfilling to work for an organization that prides itself on a Just Culture and providing exceptional outcomes to employees and their patients.
Pros
exceptional benefits, respectful work environment, just culture society, faith based
Cons
many changes within the organization
RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 30, 2014
Provide care to emergency room patients.
Provide care to critical patients
I enjoyed my patients that I came in contact with each day!
Corporate Rep Patient Access (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2014
• I’m responsible for assisting patients during the onsite registration and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled visits, and insurance verification for walk-in visits as necessary. I complete patient access process for inpatients and outpatients, take demographic, insurance and medical information, assigns account numbers, ensure managed care requirements are met, and complies with regulatory guidelines.
Home care nursing is a great opportunity for critical thinking and independence.
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 8, 2014
Undivided attention to the patient was always valuable. Observing progress and maintaining good home care preventing re-hospitalization was valuable.
Pros
scheduling and critical thinking/responsibilities.
Cons
driving, dangerous neighborhoods, charting for reimbursement to be obtained.
high volume work enviroment
Patient Access Rep/Front Office Registrar (Former Employee) –  St. CharlesOctober 1, 2014
enjoyable working with patients and variety of co-workers
Pros
always work to be done
Cons
around the clock need
Over All Company Satisfaction
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
This company is great for career advancement. I leaned a lot during my employement.
Fun Place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 14, 2014
I lover working for SSM, everyone is very friendly and respectful. Management is nice and very flexible.
Very challenging and enjoyable place of employment
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 14, 2014
I have learned to work quickly and efficiently in emergency situations. I am well prioritized, compassionate, and thorough. My co-workers are always great about helping out and providing very good team work. The hardest part of of the job is seeing patients suffer and sometimes providing end of life care. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your patients and providing care that makes them better and they can be discharged from the facility.

4.2