SSM Health Care

SSM Health Care Employer Reviews

good workplace
dietary worker (Former Employee), Lake Saint Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, 10% discount
Cons: short breaks, exposed to illnesses
SSM is a very good company to work for. There are tons of benefits available. there is PTO, tuition reimbursements, health insurance, and more.
Gained valuable work experience
Apprentice/Journeyman Field Mechanic (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good work experience
I spent the entirety of a four year apprenticeship and one year as a field journeyman/mechanic with SSM. I learned hands on techniques and "tricks" of the trade throughout my time with this company. I worked on a large variety of field sites including new construction sites, renovations, industrial, and hospital work.
Mission/Faith Based Organization, Rich in History and Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist - PRN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: exceptional benefits, respectful work environment, just culture society, faith based
Cons: many changes within the organization
SSM Health Care provides exceptional health care to all who come through their doors, regardless of their ability to pay. As far as an employer, I have enjoyed my time working there and had the opportunity to contribute to many different projects, supporting the Mission and Values of the organization. It's very fulfilling to work for an organization that prides itself on a Just Culture and providing exceptional outcomes to employees and their patients.
RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MONovember 30, 2014
Provide care to emergency room patients.
Provide care to critical patients
I enjoyed my patients that I came in contact with each day!
Corporate Rep Patient Access (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2014
• I’m responsible for assisting patients during the onsite registration and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled visits, and insurance verification for walk-in visits as necessary. I complete patient access process for inpatients and outpatients, take demographic, insurance and medical information, assigns account numbers, ensure managed care requirements are met, and complies with regulatory guidelines.
Home care nursing is a great opportunity for critical thinking and independence.
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee), Maryville, MOOctober 8, 2014
Pros: scheduling and critical thinking/responsibilities.
Cons: driving, dangerous neighborhoods, charting for reimbursement to be obtained.
Undivided attention to the patient was always valuable. Observing progress and maintaining good home care preventing re-hospitalization was valuable.
high volume work enviroment
Patient Access Rep/Front Office Registrar (Former Employee), St. CharlesOctober 1, 2014
Pros: always work to be done
Cons: around the clock need
enjoyable working with patients and variety of co-workers
Over All Company Satisfaction
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
This company is great for career advancement. I leaned a lot during my employement.
Fun Place to work
Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOAugust 14, 2014
I lover working for SSM, everyone is very friendly and respectful. Management is nice and very flexible.
Very challenging and enjoyable place of employment
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Fenton, MOAugust 14, 2014
I have learned to work quickly and efficiently in emergency situations. I am well prioritized, compassionate, and thorough. My co-workers are always great about helping out and providing very good team work. The hardest part of of the job is seeing patients suffer and sometimes providing end of life care. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your patients and providing care that makes them better and they can be discharged from the facility.
Claims Processor/Billing Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2014
Productive, fast paced, indepth work. A typical day begins w/ billing software/claims. Edits are the next accomplishment. Late charges/credits follow. And I finish out the day reviewing denials.
Truly enjoyed working at SSM Healthcare. Worked with an amazing group of nurses and physicians.
Clinical Partner/ED Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), St Louis, MOJune 15, 2014
Truly enjoyed being part of the SSM Healthcare family. I worked with an amazing group of nurses, techs and physicians. I learned so much while employed there. One of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with the sadness you feel when a life is lost regardless of all the efforts made to save the patient. One of the most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships made with my coworkers.
volunteer
Experience (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2014
I observed physical therapy and assisted with folding towels, cleaning mats, etc.
Excellent Employer
Patient Access Case Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2014
Pros: excellent team players
Cons: need more part-time positions for seniors
I was employed by this healthcare facility for 3 years and each day presented new challenges and learning experiences. Management and co-workers were exceptional in the performance of their jobs.
The hardest part of my job was being unable to fulfill all needs for all patients.
I found my job with this facility to be very rewarding and I appreciated all SSM teams attempts to provide high-quality and compassionate care to all patients
SSM
Corp. Pre-Registration Representative (Current Employee), St Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2014
Great place to work!!! Always looking to help the fellow employees
I worked for SSM for 27 years and was released due to a reduction in force.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), St. Charles, MOFebruary 28, 2014
I would love to regain employment at SSM when the opportunity arises.
Intensivist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2014
One of the top places to work in St louis.
Good work life balance.
SSM HAS GREAT BENEFITS
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee), ST. LOUIS MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: health insurance, choose your own hours
Cons: short breaks
Working in accounting is very busy and no day is the same. Working in the healthcare industry in accounting is a different atmosphere than working in other AP positions.
SSM Health Care
Clerical Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2014
Workload can be heavy
Training is not fulfilling.
Compensation does not measure up with the workload.
Great employees within each department.
SSM life
Medical Assistant, (Externship) (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MODecember 19, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: it was only an externship
I enjoyed everyday of my externship. I would do blood pressures along with injections for flu. I worked in the lab running various test and inputing data.