SSM Health Employee Reviews

Lack of job advancement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 10, 2017
Management makes all the decisions without consulting the actual hospital workers. There is no room for career advancement. They will make you pay your tuition reimbursement back if you leave, even after not offering you a job within their company after completing a higher level of education and degree.
good sometimes
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at work is something good but most time stress
I learn how to communicate more with people and how to work through different situations accordingly
The management is very poorly and disrespectful could be better
It's okay the workplace could be better
Working short all the time and management just sit down and give order instead of giving an hand to help instead of them working their worker to death
The enjoyable part of my job is working with people cause they will make your day better and helping people has always been one of my desire in my heart
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
pay and benefits
Productive and fun place to work. Also great people to work with
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 4, 2017
This was my most favorite job that I have had. I miss it everyday. It is a great and wonderful organization to work for and great people to work with and for. There is always something to do. Typical day at work would be answering phone calls, working on ques, working on project, and pot lucks about every week. Learned about the computer program that they were using which was completely different from what I have used in the past. Learned how to do accounts receivables. I would say the hardest part of the job was learning the new system but I am a quick learner.
Pros
everything
Cons
Dynamic work environment and team
Senior Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
Excellent opportunity with a supportive team and manager.
Ability to learn new skills and engage with teams throughout the healthcare system.
Dynamic work environment.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Competitive salaries. Fun environment with friendly staff. A typical day would be to satisify productivity and see 5 people. Covering 6 counties makes for some drive time but reimbursed for mileage.
Fun work experience
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 25, 2017
SSM is a great company to work for. They give you the tools to do your job well. It is a very fun environment with your coworkers. During the holidays we have parties and during the rest of the year we could get recognized by getting the employee of the month.
Ssm
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 21, 2017
I have enjoyed my career at SSM Health. Benefits and pay are mostly in line with other companies. I am just looking for a new challenge and a career I feel I could do for 20 more years
Good Vibes semi-poor management
CMA (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2017
I worked in ten speciality clinic departments, and each area was different. For the most part, there were good vibes, great co-workers and good managers. Specific departments had poor management.

I ended up leaving because I needed a four day work week. The managers wouldn't work with me on that. I also needed to be busy, and the specific department that I left was super slow. People would sit around from 8-5 and not be allowed to leave before 5pm, even tho there was nothing left to do. I'm sorry, but that is poor management. I believe things may have changed after I left, so at least I sort of helped it become better.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients. The hardest part of the job was sitting around with nothing to do.
Pros
Good vibes, mostly great co-workers and mostly great management; depending on department.
Cons
the managers wouldn't work with my personal schedule, sitting around with little to do, overstaffed
Productive, fast paced and team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 19, 2017
SSM is a great company to work for. There's a family like feel in the hospital. Everyone is friendly and willing to help everyone they cross paths with.
Good Place to work
Telecom/PC LAN Analyst (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILSeptember 17, 2017
It is a good place to work, but employee promotions are changing and the corporation is starting to look out of the company. A typical day at work is helping staff with their issues on the technology they use.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Management changes
Unfair treatment, favoritism, cross train while on orientation
RN (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Nurse are forced to clock out for lunch. This means working while off the clock. During orientation, forced to cross train. Pulled to different departments with very little training. It didn't matter to director if you felt unprepared. Forced to do it anyway.
Pros
Job security, because short staff, high turnover
Cons
Forced lunch break, working off clock, poor management
Job
Hospital Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2017
Love job duties, lack of family/work balance. No standard practices/no best practices. Non-degreed personal in leadership compromises the standard. Non-degreed personel managing daily operations as part of the leadership team further compromises standard. Lacks standardized training materials and practices. No performance quality standards of practices.
Pros
very skilled nurses
Cons
non-trusting environment
Stale Management and Directors are the Cancer
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 29, 2017
As with most jobs, people who've been here forever are trying to keep things running as they always have. This makes for stressful and most of the time unnecessary work/problems to handle. Its a great place to work if these things don't bother you at all.
A company to be proud of
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2017
Wonderful history and quite advanced. The business culture is predictable yet open to change. If you are passionate about your work, you will be recognized.
Pros
History, strives for standardization, just culture.
Cons
Pay was quite average.
Great co-workers
Psychiatric Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 23, 2017
The co-workers where hands down the best part of this job. Amazing people that would help and make the night shift fly by. Working three 12 hour shifts was not as bad as you might expect.
Challenging and Motiviating
LPN Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2017
Great physician employee interaction, Loved talking to patient and assisting them with their needs. Great benefits. As a triage nurse I was able to assist patients and make a difference in their lives by listening and advising them to maintain their quality of living.
Was able to cross trained to managed care and assist in referrals, verify insurance.
SSM was going thru management changes and was able to assist in continuing the growth of the clinic.

Left SSM due to daughter was playing college VB and wanted to be able to travel due to her games,
Overworked and underpaid
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 16, 2017
I worked here for 2 1/2 years and was unhappy the majority of the time. Management would promise to make changes to improve productivity, but those changes never happened. We were basically treated like children and looked down on by other departments. The only good thing I got out of this place was the relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
This is a great place to learn
Patient Payment Posting and Refund Representative (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 15, 2017
This is a great place to learn a lot. Not many people really work like you should .. lack of work ethics.

Because of this it is a great please to learn as much as you can so you can move on.
Great atmospere, good mission and values
Nurse Manager Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
I have been employed with SSM for almost two years. I have enjoyed my time with this organization thus far. I will be relocating in the near future which is the reason I will be seeking another opportunity.
Good benefits
PRN (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 13, 2017
Learned latest technology available. Good employee benefits and I have pension through SSM. Have dedicated 33 years to SSM. Like the foundation of this faith based entity.
Pros
good employee healthcare
Cons
Long work hours when in salaried position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.