SSM Health Employee Reviews

Dnt judge your employees all is equally
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2017
I'm a very dependable and hard working employee I believe that the patient care comes first I speacialize in sterile cleaning to the best of my ability and seaking for full time morning position
Pros
Employees appreciate day
Cons
Approve Pto
Great Culture
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
Smaller hospital that cares for large population of underserved patients with seriously medical conditions. The culture at this facility is one of caring and excellence.
Love working here
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2017
Great place to work. Great people to work under. I also love the work schedule having every other weekend off. And they also try to do everything they can to approve your personal time off.
Great Atmosphere to work in
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 17, 2017
I've worked there for over a year and have had a great experience overall. My manager and team worked well together and communicated effectively. I'd recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Great health insurance!
Cons
Nothing to note here
Nice place to work
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 15, 2017
Very Family like place to work and grow. Management is fair and there is always room for advancement. Benefits are decent and orientation was very good.
Do not work here!!!!
Everything (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2017
This place is not about the mission they claim to follow. This place is unprofessional, unorganized, spend more time gossiping than working and helping patients. Management is clueless, ignorant, and shady. They are too cheap to offer overtime, not even 5 minutes over! High turnover. The pay is horrible and embarrassing. They are not honest about your job responsibilities during the interview process. There are a bunch of prejudice people that work here, with no consequences when you report them. Management protects their friends. And it's very high schoolish. Worst job I've ever had!
Managers have their favorite employees. Racism still exists.
Corporate Pre-Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2017
I left in good standing but cannot seem to get re-hired. White people have QUIT and been re-hired. I have since quit trying to get rehired because GOD has something better for me!!
Pros
Flexible with regards to you needing time off in emergency situations.
Cons
Racism still exists.
They try
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2017
SSM tries to be good they're just broke. They overwork their employees because they don't have enough. The people who stay there really care about their patients and have a great work ethic.
Great place with great people
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILMay 10, 2017
This is a great place to work a long with great people. They train you very well so you are confident when you are on your own. Nut they are also very helpful if your in need of assistance.
Pros
Meeting awesome people
Cons
Periods of time whem nothing is happening
reception
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMay 4, 2017
SSM health has great benefits and is a great place to work. I have learned a lot in my almost 3 years the training is extremely helpful, there is always more to learn!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
weekend hours
Great learning experience as a student nurse intern
Student Nurse Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 22, 2017
In my time with SSM, I interned at St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles, MO on their medical/surgical floor. The employees of this floor are all wonderful people and treated their patients with respect and to the best of their abilities. Everyone is willing to lend a hand to each other.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2017
SSM is one of the best places to work and takes care of its employees. Great environment, good opportunities, easy growth within the company. highly recommend.
Great team of nurses and MA's
Business Team Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 19, 2017
SSM is a great place to work. The doctors and staff care about their patients. They have a great mission. There is constant change going on - mostly for patient satisfaction and providing the best quality for the patients.
productive and knowledgeable place to work for
CES support assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 19, 2017
great company to work for, i was temporary help setting the new hospital up. the manager wasn't very responsive to questions. the other technicians were very friendly and extremely helpful
Pros
great associates
Cons
temporary help
Very, Very professional.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYApril 18, 2017
This was a very professional working environment that did not tolerate any middle aged nonsense or children games. They would extend punishment to the fullest they felt needed, and even termination. Everyone was replaceable to them. The pay was phenomenal as I worked there as a 16 year old, and brought home nearly 1,000$ every two weeks.
Pros
Amazing competitive pay
Cons
No sick days
Productive, Positive atmosphere
MCO Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2017
While working with this company everyone seems to well with others, management well trained and educated. Team work. Continued values and mission expressed through out the organization. The highlight is expressed to value a smile and honor a good morning or afternoon once approached by another.
Lack of communication
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 9, 2017
Severe lack of communications between all departments, HR is awful to communicate with and work out issues with policies. Management is not chosen by employees within the department, but employees that do not work directly in the department.
Fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2017
Management is cutthroat. They say they are a family, however, if you are not in with the clique, you don't really exist. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, though.

Management was not very helpful whenever we had questions while on the phone.
Pros
hours of 8 am - 5 pm
Cons
Management wasn't very helpful with questions
Great field staff under direction of poor management
Home Care Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2017
Increasingly hostile culture created by management that is more and more concerned with their own advancement as opposed to the provision of a quality workplace environment and exceptional patient care.
Pros
excellent clinicians
Cons
management practices which include intimidation and micro-managing
Ok workplace
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2017
The work is great and easy to learn, Co workers are great and easy to get along with. I work IP accts for one of or Out of State facilities. The work is really easy
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval