SSM Health Employee Reviews

SSM Review
Corporate Master Data Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2016
SSM is a really great and stable company to work for with great benefits and flexible work schedule. I've grown a lot in my Excel usage while working with SSM.
SSM Health
Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MODecember 5, 2016
Wonderful place to work, great culture and work life balance. Very helpful coworkers and management team. Company is very proud of their mission statement and core values. That says a lot about the organization.
N/a
PBS Self-Pay Follow Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 22, 2016
I think that this is a good company but there are many things that can be fixed. I think that management to take the time out to know exactly what their employees do on a day to day basis.
Pros
You can take a hour lunch
Cons
NO Holiday Pay, No Vacation time, No sick time
The contact center
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2016
There are too many calls and not enough people to answer the phones. The coworkers are helpful but most of the managers dont know what they are doing, especially the director, who isnt a people person and is rude, disrespectful and has a poor atititude.
The hardest part of my job is taking calls back to back, its stressful.The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers.
Pros
Food day and fun Commitee
Cons
The Director and most of the managers
Busy but fun place to work
Corp Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 18, 2016
This company is a fun filled place to work for. You learn how claims are processed, how to bill/load insurances, how to deal with difficult calls etc. The management team is great and willing to help if time permits. The coworkers make it all worth while throughout the day to help the day go by. The hardest part of the the job would be having to deal with the different personalities but the most enjoyable part is knowing that you helped someone in the end.
Pros
Fun, team players
Cons
short lunches
Great Place to Start
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 17, 2016
When viewed as a job you get when you're in high school or college and advance, SSM Health is a great place to work for. There is opportunity to advance or transfer, great benefits, and can be flexible for you if you're involved in academics or extracurricular activities.

In the dietary department, there are many different jobs you can learn to work and many have transferable skills shared between them. It's pretty easy compared to other food service jobs, such as fast food, but the management does expect the best work from their employees.

Training is hit or miss, depending on who your trainer is. Management, likewise. The hospital as a whole is pretty understaffed, so everyone's usually a little stressed.

To expand on the benefits, SSM Health offers great insurance for both part-time and full-time employees. They offer tuition reimbursement, allow transfers after a certain amount of time working for the company, and probably other benefits I'm not aware of.
Pros
Benefits, Community, Executive leadership
Cons
Management, Work environment (for Dietary)
Excellent workplace with moral values
Clinical Support Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2016
I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to work for SSM Health. I have advanced my career as a Clinical Support Nurse, and enjoy working for the behavior health hospital. I have had the opportunity to work with an outstanding management team.
Pros
Excellent management team
Cons
High turnover rate
Not a "Good PlaceTo Work"
Adolescent Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 9, 2016
Not enough worker always short handed, not enough pay, shouldn't need a degree if you have the experience and get paid more and cost of living.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no 15min breaks
great work enviroment
Registered Nurse Float (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2016
Very good management,benfits are comparable to what others offer. Existing staff very caring and friendly. Lots of opportunities for advancement of education and career.
Great benefits
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 6, 2016
Great benefits and company is great to work for. Many people have compassion and care for you. Co-workers are great in most departments I worked in. I learned how to provide better customer service, help with provide schedules and what calls require immediate assistance versus those that do not. Most enjoyable thing about the job is that the company gave great about of earned time off per pay check.
They just don't care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 5, 2016
Staff nurses and techs are over worked. Management constantly says we are non productive. ( if they can't make money off of you non productive). Staffing ratios are ridiculous.
They don't care that people do not follow the rules. People aren't held accountable to do their job;as evidence by they are still doing same things wrong and by the recent state penaltys
Virtually no seasoned staff. They have made the seasoned employees so miserable that they leave. Then they hire a newer nurse for less money.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Just about every thing
Health Information Specialist
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MONovember 4, 2016
As a Health Information Specialist I take inbound calls for patients needing Physician referrals and information. I also work with Microsoft Office products on a daily. My position set up classes that SSM Hospitals are having. I make outbound calls to patients to set up appointments with other physician's they are referred to.
SSM Health
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2016
No sick or Holiday pay just a combined PTO that barely covers a week of actual time off after you took a few days off for a Holiday and you get sick for a few days.
Pros
People are helpful
Cons
Benefits & leadership
Productive work place known for excellence in patient care
Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 27, 2016
Very pleasant place to work; very supportive co-workers to make it a joy to attend work each day. The learning opportunities were endless with support for continuing education development.
Very good place to work
Staffing Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2016
I really enjoy working for SSM. I have really learned a lot. I work with a good group of people. On a typical day I receive about 100 inbound phone calls and I also make about 60 outbound call. The hardest part of my job is getting my hospitals staffed to grid on high volume days. I enjoy the complexity of my job.
Pros
I work with a good group of people. Our team work is strong.
Cons
2pm-12a schedule
Busy hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 17, 2016
Very busy, lots of new nurses, not enough nurses, no raises. Easy to promote, staff is enjoyable but its stressful. Supervisors are great. Benefits are good. Hospital is gorgeous and nice to work in for nurses bc of the updates.
Inpatient Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 17, 2016
Unfortunately no positive reviews can be given for the management. The pharmacy has gone through a complete rebuilding phase as for staffing and is still in need of a Director.
Don't have visible tattoos
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 17, 2016
I was fired for having tattoos and not covering them. I was the ONLY employee in the entire company with visible tattoos asked to do so. They are not fair with their dress code.
Pros
Employees for the most part are very friendly
Cons
Desktop Manager is very arrogant, company is unfair with dress code pertaining to tattoos.
Good
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 16, 2016
Excellent staffing and well versed in the field. Upward mobility into management is very limited and usually selected amongst veteran staff despite merit or worth.
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 15, 2016
The compensation is good for receptionist, as well as the ETO. But I can never seem to get the days I request off, so I can never use me ETO. I love working with patients and getting to know them, and my coworkers are wonderful as well. Management is very poor. You are treated disrespectfully and expected to take it with a smile.
Pros
good compensation and ETO, friendly work enviroment
Cons
Can't get a day off to use any ETO, management is rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.