SSM Health Employee Reviews

Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  SSM-OKJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work involves a well organized day with the opportunity to interface with my clients and coworkers in a safe/efficient manner. The culture is one of teamwork. The hardest part of the job is dealing with loss which is unavoidable for some patients. The most rewarding part of my job is helping provide appropriate solutions to those in need.
I enjoy my job with SSM
Sonographer (PRN) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2017
SSM is a great place to work! My co-workers are the best part! They are willing to help out when needed and will always support you in whatever area(s) needed.
Co-workers are like family
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 23, 2017
Everyone is friendly and caring towards one another so it feels like a giant family. The hardest part of the job for me is the requirement to be on call, because I don't live within the "call zone"
Very Friendly Enviroment
Customer Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 21, 2017
I Learned Customer Service ,Answering And Transferring Calls ,Promptness ,Organization, This Company Is Very Supportive, Patient And I Learned A lot in Such Little time.
Pros
Free Lunches, Gifts Weekly
Cons
Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer
Dissatisfied
Health Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2017
I went to school for HIT. After obtaining my degree, I was excited to start working for SSM Health shortly after. As I started there, I was excited every single day to come to work. That excitement quickly faded. For the first few months, I was utterly bored. There was not much to do seeing as I was "new" and I wasn't given many jobs. After a while, I was given more responsibilities. I became happier again since I was kept busy.

Soon, however, I was given so many projects, it was impossible to keep track of them all. Also, there was NO time given for me to do them, yet I was expected to finish them. Once I completed my work for the day and had the free time to do them, I was expected to do EVERYONE ELSE'S work, instead of completing my own projects. I was also expected to run meetings and keep track of documents that were used all throughout the hospital. All for the same wage I was being paid when I started. With the amount of work I was expected to do, I should have been making at least another $4+ an hour.

My co-workers were mostly older (I was the youngest in my area of the department by at least 15 years). They looked down on me and clearly judged me because of my age. They were not up to date with technologies, weren't as quick to learn new subjects/tasks, yet I wasn't taken seriously by them a good majority of the time. Along with this, there was NO chance of advancement within the field. There was an obvious favoritism going on between managers and senior staff. No matter how qualified you are for another position, senior staff would be chosen. Daily tasks were
  more... clearly not split up fairly. Supervisors chose better tasks for their favorite employees. When I spoke up about it, I was shamed by management IN FRONT OF all my co-workers for it.

I would have LOVED this job, but because of my experience in this hospital, I ended up hating it.
Pros
One supervisor was extremely nice, she always tried to make things fair between workers
Cons
No chance of advancement, poor wage for amount of work expected, favoritism between management and staff
Not a fun place to work!
Registration / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2017
Not a great work environment. Co-workers would rather watch someone struggle then lend a helping hand. Poor training and bad culture. Not a fun place to work!
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
best job yet
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 13, 2017
don't plan on leaving. want this to be a lifetime w/ this company
management is great
pay is fair
benefits are good
atmosphere is lovely
never had a job I've actually liked until now.
Pros
everything
a typical day at work
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2017
SSM has a wonderful environment and the people are great. My supervisor is the best ever they are the most considerate people I have ever worked for.
Great opportunities
Inpatient coder (Former Employee) –  Janesville WIJune 6, 2017
Great family orientated place to work for. Staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Training provided to help you succeed. Many benefits to choose from and meaningful sessions with upper management provided to keep staff up-to-date with changes.
Work
Follow Up/Denials Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be to complete SSI edits, follow up denials to work and various job duties in epic software. SSM is a good company to work for. I have learned to be more of a committed team member
Dnt judge your employees all is equally
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2017
I'm a very dependable and hard working employee I believe that the patient care comes first I speacialize in sterile cleaning to the best of my ability and seaking for full time morning position
Pros
Employees appreciate day
Cons
Approve Pto
Great Culture
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
Smaller hospital that cares for large population of underserved patients with seriously medical conditions. The culture at this facility is one of caring and excellence.
Love working here
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2017
Great place to work. Great people to work under. I also love the work schedule having every other weekend off. And they also try to do everything they can to approve your personal time off.
Great Atmosphere to work in
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 17, 2017
I've worked there for over a year and have had a great experience overall. My manager and team worked well together and communicated effectively. I'd recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Great health insurance!
Cons
Nothing to note here
Nice place to work
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 15, 2017
Very Family like place to work and grow. Management is fair and there is always room for advancement. Benefits are decent and orientation was very good.
Do not work here!!!!
Everything (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2017
This place is not about the mission they claim to follow. This place is unprofessional, unorganized, spend more time gossiping than working and helping patients. Management is clueless, ignorant, and shady. They are too cheap to offer overtime, not even 5 minutes over! High turnover. The pay is horrible and embarrassing. They are not honest about your job responsibilities during the interview process. There are a bunch of prejudice people that work here, with no consequences when you report them. Management protects their friends. And it's very high schoolish. Worst job I've ever had!
Managers have their favorite employees. Racism still exists.
Corporate Pre-Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2017
I left in good standing but cannot seem to get re-hired. White people have QUIT and been re-hired. I have since quit trying to get rehired because GOD has something better for me!!
Pros
Flexible with regards to you needing time off in emergency situations.
Cons
Racism still exists.
They try
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2017
SSM tries to be good they're just broke. They overwork their employees because they don't have enough. The people who stay there really care about their patients and have a great work ethic.
Great place with great people
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILMay 10, 2017
This is a great place to work a long with great people. They train you very well so you are confident when you are on your own. Nut they are also very helpful if your in need of assistance.
Pros
Meeting awesome people
Cons
Periods of time whem nothing is happening
reception
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMay 4, 2017
SSM health has great benefits and is a great place to work. I have learned a lot in my almost 3 years the training is extremely helpful, there is always more to learn!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.