SSM Health Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Pharmacy Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2017
I like the people I work with and the benefits are pretty nice, 2 weeks of vacation to begin, only problem is I can't use it. We only have 3 people in our department and it is really hard to get a back-up because they don't cross-train. Also management is kind-of lacking. People can get away with ever they want.
Pros
2 weeks vacation from the get-go
Cons
lack of management, no cross-training
A good place to learn.
Business Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
SSM has not only been a great company to begin my career in healthcare, it has provided many learning opportunities along the way. After just short of 2 years with the company, I have learned a great deal regarding the climate of the healthcare industry and have been lucky to have great directors/managers that have shared their experiences.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Horrible Atmosphere
Cash Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2017
I really hate working for such a very unorganized business. Management don't know much of anything and they play favoritism. You have to rely on other companies to give you what you need which is horrible, because sometimes you're left without it.
Pros
Pay alittle more that other medical companies
Cons
Horrible and very unorganized
Love this company
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work. Physicians and clinical staff work well together. Work hours were wonderful. Clinical team lead and leader were very knowledgeable and helpful. Great place to work
Pros
Work hours, coworkers, management
Cons
Traffic to the office was a nightmare
Typical Work day at SSM Health
Process Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJuly 10, 2017
I spend the majority of my day working on projects for process improvement within the Physician offices. Both in Primary Care and Specialties. I also assist offices in process improvement to comply withJoint Commission standards and SSM standards.
Ambiente es rápido y comunicativo
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2017
El hospital fue muy limpio. Los trabajadores ahí también se comunicaban muy bien entre ellos de dónde y cómo terminar las cosas.
Medical Call Center Represenative (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 30, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits and salary very reasonable. Job keeps you busy and staff is very friendly. I would recommend this job to any nurse who would like to make a difference.
Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  SSM-OKJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work involves a well organized day with the opportunity to interface with my clients and coworkers in a safe/efficient manner. The culture is one of teamwork. The hardest part of the job is dealing with loss which is unavoidable for some patients. The most rewarding part of my job is helping provide appropriate solutions to those in need.
I enjoy my job with SSM
Sonographer (PRN) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2017
SSM is a great place to work! My co-workers are the best part! They are willing to help out when needed and will always support you in whatever area(s) needed.
Co-workers are like family
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 23, 2017
Everyone is friendly and caring towards one another so it feels like a giant family. The hardest part of the job for me is the requirement to be on call, because I don't live within the "call zone"
Very Friendly Enviroment
Customer Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 21, 2017
I Learned Customer Service ,Answering And Transferring Calls ,Promptness ,Organization, This Company Is Very Supportive, Patient And I Learned A lot in Such Little time.
Pros
Free Lunches, Gifts Weekly
Cons
Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer
Dissatisfied
Health Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2017
I went to school for HIT. After obtaining my degree, I was excited to start working for SSM Health shortly after. As I started there, I was excited every single day to come to work. That excitement quickly faded. For the first few months, I was utterly bored. There was not much to do seeing as I was "new" and I wasn't given many jobs. After a while, I was given more responsibilities. I became happier again since I was kept busy.

Soon, however, I was given so many projects, it was impossible to keep track of them all. Also, there was NO time given for me to do them, yet I was expected to finish them. Once I completed my work for the day and had the free time to do them, I was expected to do EVERYONE ELSE'S work, instead of completing my own projects. I was also expected to run meetings and keep track of documents that were used all throughout the hospital. All for the same wage I was being paid when I started. With the amount of work I was expected to do, I should have been making at least another $4+ an hour.

My co-workers were mostly older (I was the youngest in my area of the department by at least 15 years). They looked down on me and clearly judged me because of my age. They were not up to date with technologies, weren't as quick to learn new subjects/tasks, yet I wasn't taken seriously by them a good majority of the time. Along with this, there was NO chance of advancement within the field. There was an obvious favoritism going on between managers and senior staff. No matter how qualified you are for another position, senior staff would be chosen. Daily tasks were
  more... clearly not split up fairly. Supervisors chose better tasks for their favorite employees. When I spoke up about it, I was shamed by management IN FRONT OF all my co-workers for it.

I would have LOVED this job, but because of my experience in this hospital, I ended up hating it.
Pros
One supervisor was extremely nice, she always tried to make things fair between workers
Cons
No chance of advancement, poor wage for amount of work expected, favoritism between management and staff
Not a fun place to work!
Registration / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2017
Not a great work environment. Co-workers would rather watch someone struggle then lend a helping hand. Poor training and bad culture. Not a fun place to work!
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
best job yet
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 13, 2017
don't plan on leaving. want this to be a lifetime w/ this company
management is great
pay is fair
benefits are good
atmosphere is lovely
never had a job I've actually liked until now.
Pros
everything
a typical day at work
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2017
SSM has a wonderful environment and the people are great. My supervisor is the best ever they are the most considerate people I have ever worked for.
Great opportunities
Inpatient coder (Former Employee) –  Janesville WIJune 6, 2017
Great family orientated place to work for. Staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Training provided to help you succeed. Many benefits to choose from and meaningful sessions with upper management provided to keep staff up-to-date with changes.
Work
Follow Up/Denials Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be to complete SSI edits, follow up denials to work and various job duties in epic software. SSM is a good company to work for. I have learned to be more of a committed team member
Dnt judge your employees all is equally
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2017
I'm a very dependable and hard working employee I believe that the patient care comes first I speacialize in sterile cleaning to the best of my ability and seaking for full time morning position
Pros
Employees appreciate day
Cons
Approve Pto
Great Culture
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
Smaller hospital that cares for large population of underserved patients with seriously medical conditions. The culture at this facility is one of caring and excellence.
Love working here
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2017
Great place to work. Great people to work under. I also love the work schedule having every other weekend off. And they also try to do everything they can to approve your personal time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.