SSM Health Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work absolutely no compassion for the employees.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, okDecember 12, 2017
I would rather be homeless than work for these uncaring people ever again. SSM expects you to give them 100% and they give you 0% whether you have worked there 1 year or 10.
Run from any job offered here.
Pros
Cons
poor management!
Great team work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2017
High recommend ! Great company! Would love to have stayed employed but due to downsizing, my position was eliminated. I would go back without hesitation. Love helping and working in a hospital environment..
Home health is making the rest of the organization look bad
SSM Health at Home Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 6, 2017
Home Health does not follow the mission statement at all. Employees are overworked and underappreciated. New problems are presented to staff on a daily basis and old problems are ignored. Many issues within the company have the ability to be improved if anyone would just listen and admit that a mistake has been made. Employee morale is LOW. Employee appreciation is nonexistent. I don't think corporate is aware of how bad the conditions are here, or else they would probably not want the SSM name to be associated this home health branch.

Employee turnover is HIGH.
Pros
Good benefits. Part of the SSM family
Cons
See above/below
Career Opportunities
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 6, 2017
I have learned a lot in Healthcare. I have been promoted into a position I thought would be stability for myself and family all to find out my job was eliminated sue to budget and lay-offs. Someone else was put into my position with job changes of who she supports all because she has seniority, which she has been with the company longer than me. I was there daily, performed all the job duties needed and went above and beyond to help all to be thrown out. Poor management and constant lay-offs.
Management should consider race relations training
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2017
Hidden prejudice among upper management that unfortunately trickle down to general staff. There is constant discussions about sinsitive current “race relations” that should absolutely not be discussed in a work setting. This leads to a hostil work environment. This would be the perfect place to work if it were not for that sad fact.
Pros
Great benefits, mostly friendly people, general helpful teams members
Cons
Very poor race relations, favoritism
Interesting Environment in which to learn and work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MissouriDecember 2, 2017
Employees are team players. And willing to assist when needed. Employees are dedicated to providing the best service to the patients so that the patients have an above average experience when visiting SSM Health.
Great with patients, employees not treated well
CRCST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2017
I have worked for SSM for a few years now in SPD. Some managers are outstanding, others have no business in the role. Currently there are several layoffs, cutting staff in my department yet increasing surgical cases. Cannot maintain work flow with current staffing. Very overworked with fewer staff. I also notice that although people in certain roles are being laid off that SSM is constantly hiring high paying positions, i.e. Directors, Deputy Directors and Analysts. Ridiculous to cut dedicated employees, some whom are very long tenured, however increasing your degree required positions. Pay is subpar, and SSM is very stingy with raises for its blue collar staff. I also notice at my current facility that Physicians eat free, however all other employees pay regularly with a small discount. Hint to management, cut the free meals out to extremely well paid staff, and you may bank a little bit more to build that new nice shiny SLU hospital that you laid people off for. Management needs to know that staff is ridiculously underpaid, that service workers comprise the largest role for a facility to actually run on a daily basis. A lot of snitches who whine about trivial everyday common errors, instead of calmly and considerately talking to the person about it. Some RNs think they're God, and treat people like they are beneath them and not worthy, and this is industry wide. Many good people, but equally some trash work there.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Culture and priorities
Nice Culture
Project Management and Ldr Development (Current Employee) –  St Louis MODecember 1, 2017
Founded in 1872 by 5 Catholic Nuns who came here to find religious freedom the culture and climate still reflect these teachings. The mission of serving the needy is clearly evident in the way we interact with the patients.
Physician Practices
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 28, 2017
The pay could be better but the benefits are good. The prescription insurance is limited and their co pays just went up. After you are there a year you can apply to get 50% of your insurance cost cut in half.
Cons
short breaks, pay
Non-inclusive job culture
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2017
The job specifically is not difficult. It is easy to acclimate to your responsibilities. However, within the department, the employees are overtly non-inclusive. There are 'cliques,' which gossip. Unfortunately, management enables this behavior and also lacks in the supervisory skills to maintain a competent department.
Pros
Compensation
Love this place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 25, 2017
I have worked at SSM for almost 7 years and I love it. The managers will almost always help you find a job that you will love or that will work for you even if it is outside their department.
Not team players
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
This is a great first-time job if you have no experience with IT, but if you do and have ways to improve the process they get mad because the people who have been there forever might have to work if you try to make things more efficient.
Pros
Cons
See above
Excellent
Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2017
Good place to work, however they did have cutbacks. Very good comradery and enviroment is very pleasant. Would like to stay but may not be able to do so.
I love working for Ssm, they are and will always be my family
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 20, 2017
Very stressful, we all need a helping hand, life is too short, manage my time wisely, very respectful on diversity, no difficult moment it was more like a family team, our time to laugh n cry together as a team
We all worked together n making sure our mission was accomplished
Best Job I Ever Had!
Clinical Revenue Specialist in Finance (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 17, 2017
SSM gave me the opportunity and resources to build my confidence and career. They are family oriented, fair and I would go back to work for them in an instant!
Pros
SSM is going the extra mile to help me find new employment.
Cons
Because of the ever changing world of healthcare, no one's job is secure.
Great Company as a whole minus one bad apple
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILNovember 17, 2017
I didn't agree with the direction of the VP of HR. They believed in breaking up the "Boys Club" in Administration at the cost of Organizational Leadership. It caused to much turmoil that resulted in poor employee satisfaction.
For 10 years Faith, loyalty and dedication were demonstrated through my daily work. I️t was disheartening to have my role eliminated .
Transitional Care Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2017
Competitive pay , great employees, convenient location , opportunity to advance , caring supportive co-workers were part of the reasons for returning to work daily.
Pros
Cons
Role elimination
Competitive organization focused on providing exceptional patient care
DIRECTOR OF CARDIOLOGY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2017
SSM Health is a warm, friendly working environment that is quality and outcome based focused. They encourage continual process improvement to improve the care delivery model.
Mission and Values
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MONovember 14, 2017
The mission and values of the organization does not seem to be supported by management or it's employees. In my experience turnover is horrible, employees are stretched to their limit and employee morale is low.
very cut throat
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 14, 2017
no advancement. if you aren't liked than you don't get promoted no matter your job performance. The pay should and could me more than what it is. Raises are small.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.