SSP America Employee Reviews in United States

Run away as fast as you can!
Manager (Current Employee) –  JFKJuly 11, 2016
Great people to work with, but Terminal GM needs to get a clue. They say they want you to be successful and than do everything possible to cripple you and your operation.

If you like working for two faced , phony liars than by all means apply!
Pros
You meet and work with some great people.
Cons
Executive team spends more time smoking than running terminal
SSP AMerica is one of the most organized and supportive corporate companies around
Food and Beverage Director, Santa Barbara Airport (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 28, 2016
As the Food and Beverage Director , I received complete support from Corporate, even though I was in California and they are in Virginia
sucks
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 14, 2016
A Typical day of work consist of you getting yelled at for things that are completely out of your control because your GM has no clue what he's doing let alone what your job description in-tales. The worst part is that he'll tell you that himself. bye Felicia
positive work enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 19, 2016
easy smooth job very friendly bosses you get to laugh and enjoy your self as you work fast and easy work a
place. free drink and discounts on food which is delicious. you will always have a fun time working.
Pros
free drink discounts on food
Cons
no free meals
Excellent company
Multi-Unit General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2016
Solid company, culture, leadership. All the benefits of a big company with the sense of a small company. Excellent from the CEO to all executives to Regional Director of Operations. Highly recommend this company
Working together as team was very productive
Line cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2016
Set up breakfast, prepare food, set up lunch, wash dishes, clean up for lunch crew. maintain a clean work station. My co-workers and I would help each other out when needed.
Pros
discounts, easy work, always busy
Cons
sometimes short staffed, being sent home early
Competitive but fun working
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Half off of your meal if you are an employee. Free meals for management staff. If you want a job with competition, this is the right place. You need to elbow others to get opportunities for raise and promotion. If you don't like to confront or argue with people, please look for a desk job.
Great Place to work Got along with all my coworkers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
Have A great day very Busy Restaurant seen A lot of Movies Stars Great management team free meals Flexible hour Great shifts
nice place to work
Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 15, 2016
Work can be stressful at times , but overall it was fun , learning and exciting , People help you in all ways , and you can advance with knowledge and hard work
This company is terrible to work for
Multi-unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2015
As a manager I have been working 55-60 hours every week. Now we're salary, so upper management is perfectly okay with this. Do we ever get a thank you for all your hard work and dedication, no. We get your mac n cheese is too dry or how come there is a wet towel sitting on a shelf? When 1 manager is running 4 stores that are several yards apart. Let's not forget the lack of proper training that new managers get when arriving. They set their new managers up for failure.
great benifits
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2016
excellent, fast growing company with plenty of room for advancement.
good management and team members an overall enjoyable place to work.
The HR process is a joke
Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  JFK NYOctober 9, 2015
When you have a problem relating to HR responding.. they don't! You are just a shift manager. Promotions do not happen based on merit but on favoritism. You can get fired because the GM is having a bad day. You can meet all your KPI's and still not get your promised (read: earned) bonuses.
Pros
Meet new people everyday and some frequent flyers as well
Cons
No break for mgt. No free meals, no bonuses
Balanced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 5, 2016
This job was full of new experiences. The work pace was quick but never felt over loaded. Was a balanced job with plenty of given hours.
a typical day
Cash room Associate/Accounts Payable & Receivable (Former Employee) –  11430November 10, 2015
A typical day will be getting the food budget and invoices processed, while at the same time responding to none stop emails, reading SAP reports, balancing inventories and overall spending budget on a timely manner.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work load
working with food
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2016
had an experience worth while helping customers while they are traveling to different areas of the world. I ensured they got their food in a fast manner.
Productive Work place Good Management
Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 20, 2015
It was a good environment to be apart of great employee's and managers , they don't really work with employees and help them with certain hours when things come up.
Pros
Good money, Great Experiences
Cons
Short breaks, Don't work with College students
Great Place to Learn but Zero Room for Advancement
Accounts Payable/ Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2015
I was with the company for close to four years and gained a substantial amount of experieence. This job gave me the oportunity to grow professionally and personally. I really enjoyed the constant contact with vendors and employees. At times I would have to multi task to my maximum ability becasue I was left to run the entire office by myslf. It started happening more and more frequently and that really irritated me because When it came time for evaluations for raises, all of the other employees got raises that made the raise i received looklike bare minimum. I got taken advantage of and never compensated for the job performance I gave daily. My supervisors finally made it clear that i have reacghed my maximum potential with the company because I am not smart enough.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Discrimination, Favoritism, Getting taken advantage of
fun and welcomed by other and a comfortable environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 26, 2015
I am currently working at terminal 4 central diner at jfk airport for Ssp America, working at a diner is a great experience, I got to learn so much and learn to multitask in other position. although I would like to learn more outside of the diner, to experience other jobs position and interact with other people.
Bad Bosses III
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzAugust 4, 2015
Employees, 75% work HARD,25% Like the Management,
just like to be "in Charge of something"........
They Need to be trained Communication skills for employees.
A lack of working with, teaching & supporting. The Bosses in are in this, just for the paycheck, & that's too bad.......
The Union tends to just stand back & watch, they just talk & all look like they are concerned.
This Job, was a waste of time.....
Pros
Employees
Cons
............
peaceful enviroment
food server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
peaceful enviroment , always something to do like prepping food,costumer service and cleaning constantly . nice managment and also staff