St Claire Medical PLLC
Full-Time Medical Assistant Job Description
St. Claire Medical, PLLC is a new, fast growing, not-your-typical doctor’s office. We need a medical assistant with skills, experience and savvy to be an integral part of our day to day operations.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to love variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized! We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in a medical office. You may have experience from a different field, but you will need a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our organization.
Key responsibilities involve:
- Provide administrative and medical support and perform patient care duties
under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Scheduling and coordination of patient appointments.
- Greet patients , check them in and escort them to the exam room.
- Check vital signs and take basic medical history.
- Evaluate medical records for needed immunizations.
- Collect, label and prepare specimens for laboratory pick up as required.
- High risk patient screening follow up.
- Answer and generate phone calls to and from patients, pharmacies,
laboratories, other medical practices and insurance companies.
- Administer vaccines as required.
- Schedule follow up appointments.
- Provide patient education.
You will need:
- Medical Assistant Certificate from recognized organization.
- Prior experience assisting in medical office. Minimum one year.
- Knowledge of EMR, particularly eClinicalWorks would be very useful but
not essential (we’ll train you).
- Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling
and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience managing the calendar of a busy office.
- The desire to make a real difference in a small company, and to have some fun
along the way.