St Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the coworkers Head nurse Betty was reason to go to ER
Emergency nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2017
Worked in flex pool till 1991 went to all units Peds, SDU, ICU, ER , Maternity, NICU, nursery, Ortho, all med/ surg floors . Enjoyed all my experiences there . Landed in ER 1994 where I worked until 2003 left to get better paying job at CCHS ER .
Pros
Great people, able to get to lunch
Cons
Poor raises, poor morale
Proffesioal setting
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 18, 2017
Very good company to work for the people were very nice l like managing the patien flow and taking care of patients and their family who are going through radiation
Pros
M-F no weekends or holidays
Cons
Short breaks or none
St Francis Hospital was a great place to work
Outpatient Surgery Coder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2017
I learned so much at St Francis Hospital, it was a great place to work. They made sure that we had all the tools we needed to get the job done. The only reason I left there was because I needed a remote position
Pros
Employee Bonus
Cons
Short Breaks
great co workers
Patient Care Associate Med-surg (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMarch 27, 2017
As a full time PCA st francis is a very difficult place to work. Management is poor. The ancillary staff is over worked and under appreciated. Looking forward to finding work as an RN.
education
Medical ICU-Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2017
Good working environment, they also have a good training program. They promote a patient focused kind of care while building on team work among the staff.
Fast paced environment focused on patient care
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Fast paced environment focused on patient care. Providing quality care in an ER setting to patients in need. Staff is well prepared to meet any and all challenges.
in patient hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for st francis hospital in federal way in washington. the position was for in patient and involved making IV bags and refilling pyxis machines.
Under New Ownership
Peer Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Hopefully the new owners of the hospital will take care of the dead weight that has been bleeding the hospital dry. Management is clueless and refuses to hire quality employees because of cost.
benefits
Cons
location, management
not a great employer to much stress for so little money
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 4, 2017
Its Very hard to be a productive employee due to staff attendance every day some one calls out or is late the staff is not team players and is not willing o properly train new employees it is A very clique environment and its hard for the manager to fix these flaws in the women to women ob gyn office because the Drs undermine her and show favoritism to senior staff
Fast Pace Medical Office
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Customer relationships became top priority. I was responsible for answering patients call bells promptly. Got accustomed to high stress situations. Learned how to work with medical equipment.
love working with the patients
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 6, 2017
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out- proactively-what their are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients' needs and organizing the team schedules around the the client's priorities. I Do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team's time in exceeding client's expectation and avoid Friday evening surprise.
Pros
Housekeeping week free food
Cons
short breaks
Great, helping enviornment with opportunities for advancement.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Working for St. Francis is great experience. The staff are helpful land kind. There is always room for advancement. The work days can get busy but the environment keeps you occupied and on your toes.
Beautiful hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Beautiful place with state of the art operating suites. To work there one must be able to keep opinions to oneself. There are a few practices that I disagreed with that were detrimental to staff and the local environment's health, but the staff was afraid to pursue the issues.
Pros
Beautiful workplace
Cons
Staff afraid of management
good job
LAB ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 4, 2017
It was a good job till they started moving us around to different clinics. That was when I looked elsewhere. I loved the people and the patients. I still am in contact with some. Their pay was low also for my experience.
Great core staff
PRN Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 17, 2016
Institution just went through a major financial disaster and has since been acquired by one of the nations top health care organizations and making a comeback. Staff are good hard working people.
Pros
great staff
Cons
executive leaders
n/a
Registered Nurse II Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYDecember 14, 2016
Great environment to work, nurses are very autonomous, scheduling is fair. Getting a day off is not difficult. There is a lot of support from doctors and management.
Stressful and high tention.
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2016
I found work to be very stressful with no outlet to help the routine to flow safer and more smoothly.
Working for this field is very rewarding (patient care). Too bad the respect and appreciation doesn't go both ways.
Least paid, over worked
RT (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 29, 2016
Since CHI took over management turned to major profiteering. Focus is on hiring younger crowd. Getting rid of older loyal employees.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
No loyalty
Family oriented employer
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 21, 2016
Made it easy to juggle family life and work schedule. Department management was in need of having greater management of manpower.
Cons
Healthcare Benefits could have been better.
difficult place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYNovember 11, 2016
Difficult place to work. very stressful. difficult bosses. the coworkers are nice and try to help when they can but nurses aren't very happy there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Francis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval