St Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Surgery Waiting Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 21, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work for. A very good atmosphere for everyone.

I get alone with all my co workers as well as my supervisor she make sure we have what we need when we need it if we need her help she is always there to help us out if one can not get it done we all team up and each others I love where I work just need more hours
Pros
free lunches for volunteer workers, activities etc.
was a student here
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2018
i didnt work here i rotated through her as a student so my opinion shouldn't count on this. Im not sure why its making me answer these questions for this
Great work place
Title-Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 17, 2018
Working at St Francis in the OR was great, I learned a lot. The nurses were very knowledgeable and love to teach. A lot of support and encouragement to advance. I also worked the med/surgical floor as an CNA and it was very rewarding also.
Pros
Unity
Cons
Lunch and breakfast served during holiday season
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Helping with patients and assisting with the medical staff whatever way I am needed. Answering call lights and also answering telephones from patients and the medical staff . FromNurses Doctors Nursing Supervisor. Being available to the patients family members.
Pros
Working with wonderful people
Cons
It can get stressful due to staffing issues
Good place to work. good training
Food and Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 4, 2018
run cash register when needed. took patient trays to floor and served food in employee/public cafeteria. everyone did their job and was very good at their jobs. mgmt was involved with employees on regular basis.
Pros
discounted lunches, great employee events
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2018
Good place to work, always busy somewhat short handed. Some managers are great to work with soeme are not. Some are1 team player and some are about themselves but thats at any job.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Always short handed
fun place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 3, 2018
learned many things.
Was over 30 years ago, I am unable to have any say as to what it is like to work for St Francis today. And I feel this review should not take place
Pros
happy to have a job
fast paced
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
on the cutting/bleeding edge of technology. Was a best of breed then a vendor specific department. culture of old established versus new employees. knowledge sharing was not common. many personality clashes that escalated into high staff tun over and HR intervention.
Pros
job advancement if you took the initiative
Cons
cut throat co workers
A fast paced high energy place to work
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 23, 2018
This hospital is a Magnet Institution. Their Nursing Department is of the highest caliber. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and high energy institution this is the place for you.
Workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2018
My supervisor/manager was not helpful in explaining the attendance policy until I had missed a few days of work from my grandmother recently being diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. Then she proceeded to tell me that 'St. Francis just doesn't care' in reference to me missing work, which implies that I was replaceable. I did not like that at all. We never saw eye to eye.
Best place to work in Roslyn
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Working at this place of employment is a rewarding experience. Serving the public was a rewarding experience working at this facility. I recommend people to work here.
Benefits
Cons
n/a
One of my absolute favorite jobs
Medical Liaison - Chariman Ryan White Grants (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 29, 2017
Was working there on a Ryan White Grant - towards the end the grant was being reduced but I continued to commute until it became too much.
I started with them as a paid intern that developed into a full time position.
I did 1:1 with people infected or affected with HIV - mobile program. Community education, groups at various agencies, sat as chair for Title I & Title II Ryan White Grant.
Gain experience in Grant Writing.
Great company, not the best management in pharmacy
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2017
Amazing staff in the emergency room, pharmacy management will take the credit for any new progress when they have had nothing to do with work and cannot explain a typical day
Pros
Amazing nurses
Cons
Small pay
this hospital had both nuns and a father who made rounds on patients and would pray for employes if requested
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 10, 2017
the hospital focused on the patient needs physical /spiritually and emotionally The administration was also interested to the needs of the staff and worked to provide an atmosphere conducive to best level of work
Fast paced caring workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INDecember 5, 2017
I would still be working for the company if my car had not broke down. I had a very good experience working with the company. I would work for the company if my job was offered back to me.
Pros
Very caring facility
Cons
Too far out for transportation
good hospital
Physician Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 4, 2017
This was a good hospital to work at with excellent coworkers and a supportive staff. I would recommend this hospital to other PAs to work at. There were not many PAs there when I worked there.
Tolerable at best
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST III (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2017
We are touted to be the best hospital in Tulsa. However, we are probably the lowest paid and overworked as well. Upper management care only about numbers and how they score on surveys.

I will say that the nurses, doctors, ancillary staff, environmental staff, etc. are top notch. My problem lies only with upper management.
Pros
coworkers and other staff are some of the best
Cons
short staffed, pay lower than most other hospitals in area
productive
OTR, Clinical level III (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INNovember 22, 2017
At the time going through a lot of changes with service line delivery. Cross training therapist hand therapist learning pediactric, which lead to questionable outcomes given therapist were placed out of the expertise.
Pros
location
Cons
Manager quit shortly after I came on board
my typical day at work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYNovember 14, 2017
my typical day would be an 8 hour shift cleaning and attending the patients while i also do blood specimens and EKGs as well as reading the telemetry monitors.
eh
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cap Hollow, MONovember 8, 2017
it was a great place to work at being able to witness how everything goes behind in the kitchen area and all the stressful work that is put in into making the food...........