St Francis Hospital

St Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

People are nice, ok environment but must be able to work at a high pace at times
housekeeping (Current Employee), Roslyn NYJune 9, 2015
The hardest part of my job was scheduling around my school schedule. They want you available to work, have to be perdiem before you can get benefits.
patient care technician
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), charleston wvJune 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not getting hours
I took care of patients, answered call lights, answered the phone and did variety of clerical, and patient care duties. picked up patients trays and made sure baths were done and linen picked up and also made sure intake and output measured. floated to other units when necessary and other hospitals. the coworkers are great and very courteous and the hardest part of the job was not getting my hours in due in part not enough patients. management were understanding
Fast paced department performing all types of diagnostics
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNMay 29, 2015
Performed all types of radiologic diagnostics: digital x-rays, fluoroscopy, C-arm in OR, portable x-rays, ERCPs and stocking supplies.
Great place to work. Very warm and caring enviornmant.
PCA (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYMay 27, 2015
I've worked at St. Francis Hospital for many years and I've seen the hospital grow and expand in a great direction with new procedures and innovative ways to do patient care. The experience has been educational exciting and fun.
Great Place to work!
RN (Current Employee), Mooresville, INApril 28, 2015
Best part of working at Mooresville, is small unit size. We are almost like a family. Management is willing to work along side of staff. It is a great place to gain experience.
Vast variety of patients with various needs
RN (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 22, 2015
With nursing shortages everywhere it seems, teamwork is essential. In working night shift, there aren't as many hands available but sometimes more work needing to be done. Learning to work as a team and pitch in where needed helps both staff and patients. It's always a good day/night shift when I learn something new, am able to teach something new to someone, and patient outcome is improved.
High stress environment
Staff Diagnostic/CT technologist (PRN) (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 13, 2015
This is a very high stress, disorganized environment. There is no job security and employees go through the day wondering if they are gonna loose there jobs. It was a very difficult place to work.
Transporter (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 8, 2015
I work at a Hospital And I've been here over 9 years. I've seen so many people come and go. I love the Patients but yet need a better career. After my last patient passed away I made my mine up to apply And made a change elre else.
It is a great place to work...
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 13, 2015
If you're working on specific floors; and have certain supervisors. On the outside it looks great but working their is almost like a nightmare; your bosses don't care. They ask you to come forward at all times and that you can trust them. However it doesn't work that way. Overall it is just not a place I would recommend.
productive to place to work with an excellent team that felt like family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNFebruary 7, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. The team cohesive was excellent, and I enjoyed working in an environment where teamwork was regarded as essential. Knowing my coworkers had my back was very important to me. I desire that in all jobs.
Anything difficult about the job was made easier knowing I had a family in my coworkers, Obviously, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
Cleaned hospital and interacted with patients at times
EVS supervisor (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed completing my work here and knowing that I was a great asset in the continued well being of patients due to the constant and thorough cleanliness of the surrounding areas.
St Francis has a unique diverse spiritual atmosphere
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I have no problem getting up and going to work. From the time a get my assigned units and meet my first patients I have a smile on my face. I may see up to25 patients in a day, but also find time to spend intensely with a few. A day does not pass that fails to confirm that I am meant to be here.

As with all jobs, colleagues can be most challenging.
DEAD END JOB / NO CHANCE OF ADVANCEMENT
SCHEDULER/CERTIFIED ACCESS/CLINICAL TECH (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: one 30 min lunch break all day
OVER WORKED
LAZY CO WORKERS
SORRY SUPERVISOR
WOULD NOT WANT TO WORK THERE EVER AGAIN
Small hospital
Charge/Staff RN - Medical Surgical and CCU (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Worked there for a short time. Worked medical floor and CCU. Left because I could not use my skill. Example, needed an order to apply oxygen. Patient had a PE.In CCU had to set timer and wait for physician to arrive before starting ACLS
WORKING WITH WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND CARING FOR EQUALLY AS WONDFUL PEOPLE
LPN (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: interacting with great people and being paid for it!
Cons: floating to other short staffed floors
ON A GIVEN DAY AT ST.FRANCIS I GET THERE AT 6:30 AM. I RECEIVE REPORT FROM THE NIGHT SHIFT NURSE. I DO ASSESSMENTS AND PASS MEDICATION TO THE PATIENTS.I CHART ON MY PATIENTS USING MEDITECH ON THE COMPUTER. I CHECK LABS AND PASS INFORMATION ONTO DR.S AND OTHER STAFF.I INTERACT WITH THE PATIENTS TO AID IN CONCERNS THAT THEY MAY HAVE AND TO BE A MIDDLEMAN BETWEEN THEM AND THE DR.'S IF NEEDED. I REALLY LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I WORK WITH. I HAVE NOT MET ONE OF THEM THAT I DON'T LIKE. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS PROBABLY THE TWELVE HOUR DAYS. I PUT A LOT INTO MY JOB SO IT DOES MAKE ME TIRED AT TIMES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS HELPING PEOPLE WHO AT THE MOMENT CAN'T DO MUCH FOR THEMSELVES. I WOULD HOPE THAT IF MY FAMILY OR I WOULD EVER BE IN THEIR SITUATION SOMEONE WOULD CARE ENOUGH TO DO THE SAME FOR THEM OR ME.
Different Environment
Employee (Current Employee), roslynNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: management
Decent Benefit Package.
Gather Necessary Skills and Continue on career path.
Great place to work!
lead sterile processing tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: work enivronment is pleasant!
I start each day making rounds in the morning checking in at the front desk,finding out the starting time for the first and srcond cases for the day. I've learned that patient care is first and foremost important, I have a good management team we work together to get the job done daily. My co-workers we work togther as team, I think when you not prepare it can make the job difficult but thats why I'm always prepare the day before the scheduled cases for the next day. The thing I love most about what I do is knowing that the doctors are happy and their needed are met daily for their cases.
Excelleny
Jr Business Analyst, IT Support Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: serving the society
Cons: pay
Good Work Life balance. Great co workers.No benefits in terms of insurance. Else, great place,
love what i do
ED Tech / Psych Tech / Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 16, 2014
going above and beyond in all pt. care , very good at what i do,
assisting Dr. and nurses