St Francis Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great wotk
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/HHA (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2016
This job seems to have the makings of great possibilities.

Very time consuming while I am in school.

A typical day at work would consist of my nursing duties and ADLs.
I learned maintaining constant support to individuals and patience.
Managing staff without micro management.
The hardest part of job was the hours.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
No Comments
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 15, 2016
This place was quite interesting. It did have it's advantages and als it's disadvantages, but overall there ain't much to say.
good
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 3, 2016
St Francis is a good place to work. I have great co workers and everyone seems to get a long pretty well. I would recommend it to my friends and family if they became ill. St Francis has some excellent doctors
Pros
good coworkers
great place to work
LPN on a Med -Surge ward (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2016
As an LPN there were numerous opportunities to grow and learn. You were no limited to the letters behind your name. They afforded ample opportunities to advance
Pros
very flexible
Cons
NA
Staff tried their very best to give optimum patient care and services
former employee (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMarch 24, 2016
I like working here... very nice facility, staffs and doctors friendly... they try to work as a team to provide best patient care and services
excieitng
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 22, 2016
bedside hospital EKG testing and office stress and EEG testing, I learned how to react with a code and when people were about to code, management was very respectful and professional. co workers where great to work with. The hardest was all the illness in the hospital and seeing the hurt among the family members, most enjoyable was see the sick get healthy and leave the hospital.
Pros
lunches paid
Cons
couldn't get in full time had to be per diem
Team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2016
I enjoy working on the team with my co-workers, the closeness and bond you establish feels lifelong. Ive learned that there are conflicts that arise but its the bond that walks you through any challenges i face. A case that is going smooth can for any reason turn into a life or death case, but i know that the team we have can work together to help change a potential bad outcome to a good outcome.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Very enjoyable place to work
Food Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 15, 2016
Contact with people and patients was very different every day. That made it exciting. The people to work with were very wonderful to work with.
day in the life of St Francis
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 14, 2016
12 hour shifts with 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch hard work for little pay and not promised on slow month full 36 hours you are told you would get
Pros
clean environment
Cons
hard work little pay
it has all was been a good place to work
superviser an stock person (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 26, 2016
every one there is like family we work had an good with eacher other there if u need time off they worked with u till u came back very nice place to be i have learned a lot there i started out cooking an catering an superviser there is good days an bad thats every where u go good people an bad thats any where
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
15 min breaks
Working with a true ping pong table
Tier 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  1000 Asylum Ave Hartford CT. 06105February 17, 2016
Working with SFH management is very limited. I've supported upper management that doesn't understand quality of service , only with making profit for personal interested.
Pros
Good team of support personnel
Cons
Management only cares about personnal profit i.e. ( management )
Conscious Sedation RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2016
Started out working in ICU-CCU for years as an agency nurse. Then transferred to Interventional Radiology as a staff RN. I was a pain management and sedation nurse. Great co-worker, great Doctors. Hardest part of the job were some the patients illnesses.
Pros
wore many "hats". different positions
management-immediate manager is difficult to work with,has poor management skills.Doesn't seem to have a good understanding of time to complete task,
surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 5, 2016
management-immediate manager is difficult to work with,she has poor management skills,doesn't seem to have a good understanding of time to complete task,jJumps to assumption with out checking facts.Targets certain people.The co-workers for the most part are fairly decent with a few bad influences.Its difficult to try and do your job with limited resources.The most enjoyable part is scrubbing cases especially sports med.
Pros
good staff-good director
Cons
limited case load, staff loses hours
Good enviroment
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2016
Saint Francis took a dumb kid and taught me how to do things well. I owe them for everything. It was a great career. I have worked part time for other company's since retiring and all have been a good experience.
Pros
Just a good place to work
always something to do
Medical Record Technician (Current Employee) –  tulsa,okJanuary 2, 2016
We always had work and had to prove our production.
I worked as a temporary without raise or any benefits for Moylan Staffing. I will be there for 3 years this May.
All we get is $11 per hour and even though the cost of living has increased, we haven't got anything more since our start date.
Pros
always had work to do and this temporary job has never ended.
Cons
no raise, no promotion, no deferential or shift/ weekend/nightshift/holiday incentive no thealth benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 19, 2015
Super busy all the time management was great co workers were great. Even though breaks were hard to get co workers were easy to get along with. great benefits,
Pros
super busy
Cons
short breaks no bathroom time
productive work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2015
Energetic, productive diverse culture work place.
Most enjoyable part of the this job is making a difference in patient and family members lives.
Good company to work for
EPIC CLINDOC/CPOE Consultant (Former Employee) –  tacoma, WAOctober 22, 2015
I was extremely glad to be a part of this organization. They take pride in feeding their staff, which is a good thing that keeps everyone happy. the communication skills within the organization is also impeccable.
Live oposit of what they preach
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 20, 2015
Like any place, good and bad Management and Co-workers. Good Engineering Management, the most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to help some one.
Pros
People
Cons
H.R.
Management needs more training, more positive recognition needed
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 18, 2015
Great place to learn new skills and expand on previously learned skills. Seems like there is so much negative feedback from certain managers. Same problems exist as everywhere else in healthcare these days. Not enough staff to effectively take care of the patients, lack of communication among staff.