ST Francis Employee Reviews

Stay away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJune 17, 2017
St Francis Hospital (SFH) in Roslyn, NY is not the place to work at. Management is not helpful at all and are only concerned about their own well being. Upper management weeds out the employees who do not follow their structure. There is no one to voice your concerns to and seasoned SFH nurses are so used to the horrible way this place is ran that its simply the norm. Often overworked, understaffed, and lacking the much needed supplies to take care of the patients. If you like to play their game of who can we turn on then this is the place for you.
Caring home for senior citizens
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIMay 28, 2017
Performing a variety of task in the Kitchen everyday working well with crew members to provide food & care to each & every resident ..Working here taught me how to complete every task to provide all food to residents.
Friday place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAApril 19, 2017
I work at st Fancis, 6 month before I become ill and had to medical resin, I like my job but here was a lot of things personal that went wrong I'm able to tell you I would go back but I'm rather be in hospital field
Management was not supportive
Director of Cardiomems and Primary Clinic Rn (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYApril 7, 2017
Working for the Heart Failure clinic was amazing but St Francis management was not supportive of the Heart Failure physician. Therefore it was a very difficult work environment.
Pros
Clean and good resources
Cons
Very Autocractic Manager but amazing Physcian
Hard to work with people who don't like to show up to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 3, 2017
I liked the job at first but the longer I was there the more I realized why people left. Employees were unreliable and residents were hard to work with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees and the way things get handled with employees
Dynamic environment with multiple challenges
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 27, 2017
Hospital setting. Continuing educational courses. Hands on dealing with staff and patients. This is a very dynamic environment which one must be completely focused on at all times. As well as having knowledge of hipaa regulations and local law enforcement regulations to be able to operate securely to provide the best possible experience for all personnel who work or enter this facility.
Pros
Job
Cons
Communication between departments
Pleasant company to work for
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 3, 2017
12 hour shifts, with a 6:1 ratio
Family type working culture on the unit I work for
Pay is low, and workload is high, in comparison

I do love taking care of my patients
Cons
no raises, top heavy, micromanaging
very busy
rehabilitation-Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 22, 2017
we would serve breakfast to the elderly there and then proceed to start the morning activities till about lunch then serve them lunch and then proceed with the last couple of hours of activity. I learned how to help those in wheelchairs and how to lift them correctly we were given a small class on dementia and other things that would help us do our job correctly. They were reliable when you needed some assistance .there were at least six staff in the room who would be in there assisting the work place in general was great. the hardest part of the job was that everything was rushed and there would be confusion in relayed messages.the most enjoyable thing was probably the lovely patients there they were very enjoyable.
Pros
breaks were reasonable
Cons
the person in charge was always in a rush for us to finish everything
St. Francis
Pharmacy Tech (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2017
Overall great place to work. I worked here as an unpaid intern and it turned out really well I loved the skills that I learned and would consider employment here.
Pros
Skills learned
Cons
Schedules
hard work and dedication
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnDecember 4, 2016
Very good experience working with our customers being a leader and trying to help the business pursue expectations toward the future.
great inviroment to work
Break down operator seat pt dismiss pt (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
on a average day we see around 20 patients oral surgery. resin emergency, root canal overall its a great place to work with good staff.i usually break rooms down seat patients chart for DR. always keep a positive attitude.
Pros
great pay
Cons
only temporary
productive
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJune 18, 2015
Good place to work. Management not good. The hardest part of this job was no team work. Everyone wanted to be the boss A typical day was overwhelm with patient. Not enough supplies.
St Francis
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2015
It was a good job I really liked it, but they did not work with my hours.
the guest were my favorite part of working there. lots of walking and having to know the hospital by hand.
Excellent
CNA (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 29, 2015
A very friendly enviroment. Lots of team work and encouragement from other co-workers,mangers,supervisors. Very professional environment where you fell wanted and enjoy to come to work. hardest part of job is working and different places learning different routines.
Job Description
Med Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 1, 2015
I would schedule appointments for patients, file papers and pull records for patient. I would also help the doctors with their mail and setting up meetings for attorneys and doctors.
Cashier
Food and Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2015
I had many different roles. some days i was a cashier, other days i was a server.
Productive and a fun learning experience
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 26, 2014
In the morning once I would come in and get settled. I would go up to medical records and get the medical charts for each clinic we had along with the daily dues. If the phones would start ringing I would answer them along with my fellow co workers and answer any question the patients or doctors hand. I took down messages for the nurses or doctors. In the daily dues we would put which charts goes with which team. If a perscribtion needed to be called in or faxed I would do that as well. I helped nurses room patients,and give EKGs when needed. Once patients come in we would check their vitals, write down their medications, and ask them what is the reason for their visit and place them in the waiting room. Once they are discharged we put there charts together, schedule them another appointment. If a patient calls and cancels their appointment over the phone we simply give them a new one. I love everyone at the clinic and it was a great experience even when I had patients who were a loose cannon. I still greeted and helped them with any thing they needed. The job to me is not hard at all its just a job to get use to.
Pros
The nurses, some of the doctors, the patients even the mean ones, the times when the coordinators in lunch
Cons
The ER physicians are excellent.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 27, 2014
The ER was very busy and fast paced. It provided an excellent opportunity to assist patients with all types of illnesses, and problems. I was able to work at the top of my scope, as a Registered Nurse.
Pros
The ER staff was very knowledgeable. I had excellent nurses that gave me guidance, and assistance while new to emergency nursing.
Cons
Limited shift availability
fun and fast
surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 12, 2014
work hard.how to scrub.was nice.older than me.gi scopes.plastics
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Enviornmental Services (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DeAugust 9, 2014
It has people that treat each other like family respect and customer Service is good
Pros
Short of staff
Cons
customer services is rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST Francis. Our community is ready to answer.