ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 17, 2016
St joes hospital taught me how to be a patient care technician. Their i learned how to draw blood take vital signs weight patients and do twelve lead ekg's.
Pros
5 minutes from home. I was living in paterson nj at the time.
Cons
Salary
Greast place to work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2016
I enjoy working at the place and I love the patients I was also working around. I'm looking to get back into hospital work again.
great place to learn
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 9, 2016
I did my clinical there and evening staff of the Main OR was vey nice and great instructors. I learned a lot from them. They gave me the chance to do First Scrub for various surgeries such as orthopedics, open abdominal, vascular, and laparoscopic procedures.
They have given me the confidence and trained well to work in any facility. I am very happy that I got the opportunity to do my clinical there.
Great workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVSeptember 5, 2016
Staff puts patients first, always striving to assist patients and going to extra mile. One of the best rural hospitals I've worked for.
One of the largest hospitals in the region, a challenging workplace.
Medical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2016
In a typical work day I am involved with problem solving, malfunctioning instruments, deadlines, training, and organizing. My co workers are very hardworking dedicated individuals who strive to organize the chaos that can crop up at any moment. We work well as a team, my favorite part of the job.
Laboratory is often buried beneath other medical professionals, but this profession is a vital part of healthcare. Our patients come first.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough laboratory employess
Good benefits and steady hours
Food and Nutrition Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2016
Like most hospitals, benefits are great. Pay is above average for a menial job but the work was HARD. There is no downtime. Constantly busy ! Like working on an assembly line. Managers and supervisors care only about themselves. My co-workers were all right out of the hood. VERY low class. The type that run to EEOC in a heartbeat. If it werent for the trash i had to work with, would probably still be there.
Pros
Benefits, steady hours
Cons
Hard work; lousy co-workers
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 23, 2016
It was awful the nurses treated the house keeping crew with no respect the main supervisor was a jerk with no back bone. He was only worried about his back and did not stand up for the his crew.
Great Place to Gain Experience and Build on Skills
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (CST) LEVEL 1 (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2016
My day starts out organized by the charge nurse. We always know what were gonna do and even if something changes the appropriate measures are taken to fill the spot. I've learned so much at St Joseph's. I've gotten . I have experience in General, Orthopedic, Peripheral Vascular, OB/Gyn, ENT, Genitourinary and Plastic surgeries And Neuro surgeries. Management has also been sympathetic to our needs and wants. Which kind of builds a family there of nurses and scrubs etc.... We watch each others backs. My co-workers help with opening or advise. They are always there to count on. Hardest part is probably difficult patients during surgery. If we end up going open and we have to transition to ER mode sorta speak. counting instruments while still attending to the surgeons needs but I love it. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I have weekend call. The emergency cases make me feel like were actually saving a patients life and making a difference.
great people to work for
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2015
Nice conditions fair supervisor. People help and back each other.
Everyone pitches in good comradery. Everyone helps make tough days go by smoother.
Pros
weather
Cons
sometimes the hours are too long
I loved my job at St Joseph's hospital.
Physician Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2015
I would never have left my position there, except that my family was re-locating to Kansas City, Mo. I worked with physicians to acclimate them to the hospital, helped with any issues they were having with their practice as it applied to the hospital, arranged special events for the hospital,and many more responsibilities. I loved my job and I have nothing negative to say about it.
Pros
Working with hospital staff and physicians.
Cons
Very busy environment- never a dull moment
Secretary, Floor D5 (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2015
The hospital is a nonstop on the go environment. You must be able to adapt to every and any situation. Able to multitask and handle more than one task/duty at a time.
Relaxing and stable atmosphere
Senior Patient Accts Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXSeptember 4, 2015
It was a relaxing and stress free atmosphere. Co-workers made the day enjoyable and fun. Flexible working hours with opportunity for advancement.
A great place to work- management/leadership could use improvement
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 20, 2015
I worked for St. Joseph's Hospital for four years and the Froedtert system for six; I love this organization. The only reason I left was because of relocation.
My direct manager was a nice person, not the best leader. There was a lot of tension in the workplace and a lot of people getting away with not doing their jobs. I pride myself on doing my work so I did not let it bother me too much.
Hostile environment, and Im not talking the Psych Patients
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 22, 2015
Unresponsive management, complete and utter disregard for patient and professional worker safety.

Work culture of under-reporting. High patient to caregiver ratios instead of the inverse.

Low pay.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Terrible management
The pediatric hospital is great
LPN (Former Employee) –  tampa, flJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working in the ER they are great. there is plenty of staff to help. the doctors are good to work with as well. it is a well organized place
Great place to learn and friendly enviroment
Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 8, 2015
As a casual, there is a wide variety of shifts that help develop your skills faster. I thoroughly enjoy the challenge each shift gives a tech as one can never be sure what to expect. My fellow colleagues are very helpful. The hardest part of my job is not having the regular staffed hours. I would not trade this profession for anything. Loving what you do is very helpful in getting anywhere, I am very fortunate to be a part of this department.
Pros
variety in modalities
Cons
minimum hours
great place to work hate to see it go
cashier/certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 2, 2015
Great place to work hate to see it go.
great coworkers
answered phone
dealt with people a lot with bill problems
dealt with a busy floor keeping up with patient care
Great hospital with great benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  350 N Wilmot Rd, Tucson, AZ 85711May 21, 2015
Working at St Joseph's Hospital was great but most nights it was very short staffed and I would could have over 18 patients. I learned a lot of new skills, how to handle angry patients/customers. Co workers are like a family, you can rely on them and truly work as a team. If someone is falling behind the other workers will help get them caught up. Hardest part of the job was when I had so many patients. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
Great job for advancement
Cons
Short staffed most nights
Er
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 15, 2015
Enjoyed working there until new management took over. It is short staff and your license it at risk; would not recommend.
Patient Account Representative and Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2015
Great place to work while finishing my degree in college where i learnt a lot from working in laboratory to patient accounting. Always room for growth within the company.
Pros
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2