ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

patient access specialist
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2017
I arrived at my desk and proceeded to admit patients ,verify insurance and authorization for them. I also walked patients up to the nurses staion, and help them with any questions they had.
Pros
good work inviorment
Cons
poor management
December 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Fast paced work environment with no chance of advancement or pay raise
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 9, 2017
Fast paced environment with minimal training.
Laboratory coworkers are nice and for the most part helpful.
Management is lacking in all areas.
Pay is on the lower side for the amount of work that is expected of you.
No room for career advancement or pay.
Management does not seem to care about employees or keeping the ones that have been there for 30+ years.
Management does not fight for employees.
December 10, 2017

Thank you for leaving an honest review about St. Joseph's Hospital management. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

What I learned
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Брянская областьNovember 17, 2017
I started at this facility as a brand new baby nurse on a very busy Med/Surg unit. I learned so much and broadened my knowledge base in order to build my nursing practice. Great place to work.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Joseph's success.

A great hospital to work at
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 17, 2017
Provide nursing care to patients with diabetes and pulmonary problems.
assess the patient, collect vital signs, administer meds, start IV's , collect specimens, dressing changes, ekgs, monitor O2 and pulse ox levels, One touch blood sugars.
Transfer patients to x-ray and assist with discharges.
Pros
ongoing education and in services
Cons
no complaints
November 28, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. At St. Joseph's, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Productive and Fast-Paced, Yet Fun
Medical Technologist, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2017
St. Joseph’s Microbiology department is innovative- always on the lookout for emerging technologies to provide practitioners answers faster. The work is fast-paced but extremely enjoyable. Fellow employees are expected to adhere to keeping a positive feedback culture.
Pros
Benefits, pleasant working environment
Cons
N/a
October 29, 2017

Thank you for your positive review! At St. Joseph's Hospital we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

good place to work
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVOctober 10, 2017
helped patients get copies of medical records
incoming/outgoing faxes to hospitals/Dr offices requesting medical records
making patient files
filing
scanning Emergency Department and Prompt Care charts
Pros
fast paces
Cons
short breaks in the department
October 12, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Joseph's success.

Great Staff
Courier/Driver (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 7, 2017
St Joseph's Healthcare is a GREAT place to work. Staff very friendly and the company has great benefits including paid time off, holiday meals and movie & show discounts.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
some weekends required
October 10, 2017

We appreciate your positive review! We look to provide successful careers for all employees.

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WISeptember 26, 2017
I loved working for St.Joes, if I didn't need to go back to Eagle River, Wi, I would still be employed there. I learned so much for the Nursing staff to the management staff. Doctors that i worked with were for the most part awesome, very caring to the patients and staff. If I could I would return to work here again.
Pros
you can advance with the company if you choose
September 27, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Joseph's success.

Productive Learning
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 18, 2017
I learn how to file paperwork and answer the phone in a professional way. I had to remember what elevator to take to get to and from the floor that I was on. Being in this hospital helped me to prepare for the job I'm going to have because I would have to do some of the same stuff at the daycare.
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Very productive,and friendly place to work.
Valet Driver - Job Duties (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2017
Enjoyed working, and I would recommend friends and family, and a strongly high professional workers I've met, I love the most was greeting new customers providing good customer service.
September 17, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to [Tenet/Hospital]'s success.

good place to work overall
registion (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Very busy work environment. Heavy customer service work.. salary is not very good that would be my biggest complaint about the company, other than that I really cant say anything bad.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough pay
September 16, 2017

Thank you for being honest with us. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Community Feel
RN Charge Nurse/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 11, 2017
Great team to work with. Hospital has a wonderful community feel to in. Nursing is the best there is in Fort Wayne. Anyone would enjoy working at the facility
September 13, 2017

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Joseph's success.

Nice place
X-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 31, 2017
This is a good place to work at. It is pretty low key. The ER stays busy, the staff are pretty nice overall. There are a lot of nice people here, and a busy OR.
very stress full
linen distribution, evs dept (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2017
manager would take the sides of certain female employees and they could do what ever they wanted never got in trouble they would ignore orders and do what they wanted to do
Cons
asked to much from one person to do
Productive work atmosphere
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 22, 2017
Working for St. Joseph was one of the best jobs ive had. The staff is friendly. And so were the patients who came through the coffee shop every day. Managment in food and nutrition needs work but over all good.
Pros
Good benifits.
Cons
Not enough labor
A great company
TECH II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607August 15, 2017
An environmental services technician is responsible for the safety and cleanliness of a hospital or other healthcare facility. This includes traditional janitorial tasks like mopping and dusting, but also requires an understanding of proper handling and disposal of biological waste.
Cons
There are many days of PTO but there are departments that do not give them when asked
RN duties as designated
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2017
RN. Receive new patients, evaluate, start care plan, inform doctors of condition, meds, group therapy, take patients to test or procedures, assist with procedures as needed, charting, patient teaching, family teaching, be available to patients for discussions as needed. It was fast paced and day could change quickly depending on patients and new admits.
Competitive Fast Pace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 26, 2017
Fast Pace Company, Very Competitive, Great place to work, room for professional growth. Management is understanding, Benefits are great. Great emergency care.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 29, 2017
Very good hospital, I would recommend this hospital to anyone. Also a very good place for employment. Good company to work for.Every job has it ups and downs. I've learned a lot about the medical field working here.
Materials Associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2017
Good hospital - great people. Lots of opportunity for career progression both on and offsite. Benefits are ok - vacation increases very well as your time increases with the hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.