ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL

ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

High volume emergency department
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2014
Processing doctor's orders. This emergency department sees both adults and children.
Excellent place to work
Dental Sales and implementation trainer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2014
A growing organization with positive energy and focus on improving healthcare in America
team work
Registrar II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 24, 2014
Team work is very important a typical work day consist of running reports verify insurance benefits, effective dates co-pay deductibles also getting authorization via web or phones call. My co-workers where great we really believe in team work. The most enjoyable part the job was knowing we complete every account prior to service being render.
Where I learned the most and began my journey to become an RN
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 6, 2014
Pros: wonderful co workers
Cons: i worked night shift
I was a patient care tech on a medical surgical floor and was beginning my journey to become an RN.
The company was great to work for...they had to close their doors.
Title - CFO Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Huntingburg, INMarch 5, 2014
I learned & gained much experience in the Executive Administrative area.
foods good
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: nice cafe
Cons: really hard work
Not enough income for the work you do.
Co-workers are nice.
Meeting different people all the time.
Positive nursing experience
Registered Nurse- Telemetry Unit (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2013
A small community hospital, where many of the patients are uninsured. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, and everyone working as a team. However, this hospital has a population, where the patients need a lot of education and need to be willing to change to a healthier lifestyle.
Excellent
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 31, 2013
Very self fulfilling and great environment and wonderful people to work with, loved it!!!!
Good benefits
SCHEDULER/PAYROLL (Former Employee), Brainerd MNAugust 19, 2013
work with scheduling nurses
management was good
worked alone
dealing with the rude nurses
Productive work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was to clock in then set up your station, work the breakfast food line, then wash dishes. After that I set up station again for lunch time and then I go to lunch. When lunch is over I work the lunch line setting up food trays. Then wash dishes again and carry food trays to patient rooms. After that I clock out and leave for the – more... day. A hard day at work was when a co-worker was not friendly and a good day was when every body go alone and thing ran smoothly. – less
mediocre at best
Clinical RN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2013
Lack of resources complicates ones ability to effectively care for patients
Variety of jobs to do and fun to be a team player
LPN (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 30, 2013
Pros: team players to work with
Cons: never knowing about security of the job
Very interesting with all the new aspects of health care at the time. Great amount of team work
Great place to work at.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee), Elmira, NYJune 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: nothing
Love the job, co-workers and that I get to meet new people everyday.
Great Culture
LNA/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 4, 2013
Working in the ED was always an adventure and fun. The hustle and bustle of the ED taught me to think quick on my feet and how to multi-task.
A great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 20, 2013
Pros: great mentors
A great environment for learning as a new graduate nurse. There were an enormous amount of opportunities available in the many department, however I enjoyed Medical Surgical Nursing and Mental Health. I learned the importance of team work and support from my coworkers and manager.
The hardest part of the job was the patient load which was heavy due – more... to patient acuity and staffing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking of my patients and meeting their family members. – less
a wonderful place to work. Great Dr's and teamwork
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2013
Pros: meeting the patients
Cons: i can't think of any.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to use my phlebotomy skills and get compliments from the patients. My co-workers and I worked close together as a team. The hardest part of my job was I wish I could heal the sick, but the enjoyable part was that I was doing my job to the best of my ability.
Professional
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, vacation and pto
Cons: strict time limits on breaks, pharmacy was in the basement
Working at St Josephs was an overall wonderful 7.5 years of my life. The management was supportive and cooperative with my schedule to help me adjust with the changes in my home life and childrens daily schedule. My co workers were also supportive and caring. Many professional people with so much to share and learn from. The job was rough adjusting – more... to many changes throughout the years in workload and work expectations but it helped me learn to adapt in the toughest situations. I really enjoyed learning new things everyday and with the changes going on there was always new things to learn and take on! There was a lot of room for growth within the department. I learned to be confident in myself and my work to be and remain a productive pharmacy technician. – less
Professional Cook
Dietary Aide/Nutritional Services/Cook (Former Employee), Paterson,NJFebruary 26, 2013
Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line: Reads production orders on color-coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray. Discuss dietary requirements and develop menus and nutritional care plans for the patients.

Responsible for keeping a complete food supply – more... in the kitchen and assist with stock. Record the data on flow sheets and other documentation. Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages. Place servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.

Greet customers as they approach the cashier station, run the cash register for the cafeteria providing receipts. Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens. Record amount and types of special food items served to patients also serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria.

Knowledge of Federal, State, and Facility‚Äôs rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Dietary Manager. – less
Volunteer Summary
Volunteer (Former Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 8, 2013
I great place to learn first hand accounts of medicine and the field of nursing.
An interesting workplace due to many changes of technology.
Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 8, 2012
Pros: free parking in the new parking garage for night shift staff, healthcare benefits
Cons: short breaks when very busy
I have always enjoyed working with my co-workers and many other hospital staff over the last twenty years. We all learned many new techniques for processing the many new hospital surgical devices and equipment and took on all of the new challenges as a team.

The hardest part of the job was trying to understand what some of the doctors and nurses were – more... requesting when the communication was sometimes unclear. For example, the nurse would request an item that wasn't known by any of the central service staff by the name he/she called it. It also did not help when it was also needed stat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the other hospital staff members aquire the necessary items to care for a patient.
Most were very appreciative. – less