ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

Chaplain duties
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with patients and working beside nursing staff. Patients are delightful and willing to talk with chaplain. Staff are exceptional in their work and very qualified at what they do and enjoy their work.

The artwork is beautiful and the commitment to encourage healing in the patients is evident.
Pros
Hard working employees, positive benefits
safe culture, approachable managers.
safe (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Wonderful environment, great culture, safe practice. Educated Dr's and nurses and staff work well together. Approachable managers, safe work place.
Pros
training, salary, safety
Cons
stability
Friendly atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 17, 2015
Along with the benefits of working in a hospital, the people that work here are amazing and incredibly friendly. I was worried about first working here as a housekeeper because I thought it was a demeaning position--here I was cleaning toilets while there were lives being saved all around me. After a year of working here, I realized this wasn't the case. All of the doctors I've ever had the pleasure of meeting are incredibly enthusiastic about how much of an impact we make on the hospital. Everyone here is very friendly, even in the most stressful of atmospheres. The only aspect of this place that I dislike at times is the patient floors. Some are better than others but oftentimes there are usually new nurses on the floor that don't show as much respect for other people. It's a little difficult to work around sometimes.
Pros
Healthcare, job security, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not the best management system
Worst Hospital I have ever worked at!
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2016
Run to another job! This is an old inner city hospital and that is its best quality! CHS devotes little or no resources to this hospital. Work anywhere else!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Poor working conditions, old brokedn equipement
Best Job i ever had in life
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
Amazing co-workers & unity amongst one another. Learned a lot in my 4 years as a team member...ethics & values of life for the care of people. Great Food State of the art facility...nurses & doctors A+. If you even looked confused of direction or curious someone will rapidly help you with anything. One of the best company's in the Tampa Bay Area in my opinion.
Pros
Great Food, Great People, Nice Facility
Cons
Parking, Security, Location
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Financial Advocate (Current Employee) –  ft wayneFebruary 24, 2015
Register patients, learn about medicare codes, management is usually there, co-workers usually make it in too. Hardest part is seeing people in pain, the most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
benefits
Cons
repetition
Good place to work before the work was contracted.
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Very fast paced until after lunch. Management was very fair. Co-workers were ok. Benefits were not great.
Best part of the job was feeling that you were helping people. Worst part of the job was the kitchen was very hot.
Pros
consistent
Cons
pay and benefits were not great
Full filling job with patient and staff interaction.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 7, 2015
My day is action packed from the moment I sign in until the moment I sign out. This is a small department with very needy patients. Most are physically challenged and require extra services to obtain our services. I am on the phone coordinating department activity as well as helping patients get paperwork, medical equipment and supplies together for daily discharge.
very friendly place to work at
nutrition service worker (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wisconsinApril 16, 2013
getting all dish ware ready for the patients,from there we work in teamss to insure all patients et there meals on time in whuch they order.

i have ained skills and experiences with serving of patients and also in the houskeeping department when my job was done with serving of meals.

co-workers where very friendly upon my starting there treated me as a family at the job by helping out and me help them out aswell.

honestly the job was not hard at all because of the training i recieved from the staff there.

enjoyable part of the job is makin sure that my job is done in a timely manner thats what i enjoyed about the job. making sure the patients and the visitors are well taking care of with the cleaning of the patients rooms and serving of the visitors.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
great benefits
I love working on the floors talking to nurse's and supplying the unit .
Distribution Technician/Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2015
I learned a lot of my 12 years experience , communicating with diverse population.I would like to work in the same environment ,different leaders though.
Pros
The leaders when I started totally gave me a good experience
Cons
The leaders now have been different, not a diverse area anymore
average
In-House Financial Counselor Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Help patients/departments with insurance verification. Best part is when a patient needs help I can explain so they understand..
Pros
staff
Cons
pay for long term employees and medical/pharmacy benefits
An excellent workplace
Patient Account Specialist-Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 11, 2013
St Joseph Hospital was a great place to work at; their four core values of Justice, Dignity, Excellence & Service are well practiced. I had excellent relationships with my co-workers and management.I worked in the Cancer Center and developed excellent relationships with our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help our patients with their concerns.
Pros
great work place with good benefits and compensation.
excellent
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2015
excellent i will recommend others to work there. even go their for care. this place has very good customer service and the nurses are very good in carring for their patients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Performed as clinical manager/RN and cared for neuro patients. When that unit closed I had the opportunity to work on the oncology unit.
RN Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 15, 2015
I truly enjoyed caring for these patients with cancer. I wanted to give them the best care and most compassionate care I could. It was hard, yes, but I wanted to try and help them through this part of life. I was chemo certified while working this unit
Registration in a emergency room
Registrar II (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work was to be assigned to different zones within the emergency room and gather demographic info as well as the appropriate insurance documentation and verify eligibility, We also collected co pays and deductibles when necessary
Pros
benefits were great, always overtime so earning potential was great
Cons
not ideal for those who have little ones
Serving patients with respect and dignity at their last stage of life.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJApril 22, 2015
Typical work day at St. Joseph hospital I would describe as hard work. I learned so many things working with hospice patients such as , being more understanding ,compassionate , and the respect of life. Management was amazing with their care plan for patients ,co workers was also easy to work with as we cared for hospice patients. The hardest part of this particular job was watch patients cross over and watching the families hurt afterwards. I would say most most enjoyable part of this job would be working with nurses that really care about the co workers and the patients.
Exciting and interesting. Never a boring moment.
Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 20, 2015
There is never a typical day in an emergency room. I learned that treating people with respect, even when they were angry, usually brought some calm. My co-workers were the best, most dedicated people I have ever known. There was never a dull moment and if there was, it didn't last long. I missed my co-workers a great deal when I left for a better paying position. The hardest part of the job was dealing not only with the emotions of families, but your own emotions in sometimes very sad circumstances.
Pros
Great, people to work with, never a dull moment.
Cons
Decidedly poor pay for the duties required.
Positive attitudes meet expanding ideas for the future
LNA (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 7, 2012
With flexible schedules and accomadating shifts for families and students St Joseph Hospital is an ideal place to work. Thed spirit of the hospital is centered around the founder Margeruitte D'ouville and her intentions to provider quality care and compassion to all the community
Pros
generous wages, fair staffing, and benefits package
excellent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INSeptember 22, 2015
St Joseph was an excellent place to work until it shut down. great people great care. Clean friendly environment. Made you want to come to work everyday.
A good place to work
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 22, 2015
I learned a lot from the job, both personal and professional. I enjoyed my time with this job and would consider working there again.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
professional growth would not have worked out for me.