ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

a beautiful place to work lovely people
Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 1, 2016
I loved going to work it was more than a job it was my second home. The facility was magnificent as well as the people from management on down . If I had not relocated I would have retired from there
Benefits
Manager of dept
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 26, 2016
Was given the chance to learn pediatric echo's at Riley Childrens Hospital. Was in charge of everything that needed to be done. Such as meeting with sales reps and equipment working to it's deired level.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
Only Tech
Poor Management
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40504June 22, 2016
This Management in the actual department left much to be desired after main Manager resigned. I would not recommend this company, unless you are aiming for a different department. The overall look of the hospital is nice and clean.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
I love working and getting to met and greet everyone that I have worked with. I enjoyed every moment of it.
Worst Hospital I have ever worked at!
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2016
Run to another job! This is an old inner city hospital and that is its best quality! CHS devotes little or no resources to this hospital. Work anywhere else!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Poor working conditions, old brokedn equipement
Good community hospital
RN Special Care Nursery (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIMay 19, 2016
Small hospital but connected with large teaching facility in Milwaukee. Very good staff in Labor and Delivery who provided excellent care for patients, a lot of longevity amongst nursing staff.
safe culture, approachable managers.
safe (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Wonderful environment, great culture, safe practice. Educated Dr's and nurses and staff work well together. Approachable managers, safe work place.
Pros
training, salary, safety
Cons
stability
Best Job i ever had in life
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
Amazing co-workers & unity amongst one another. Learned a lot in my 4 years as a team member...ethics & values of life for the care of people. Great Food State of the art facility...nurses & doctors A+. If you even looked confused of direction or curious someone will rapidly help you with anything. One of the best company's in the Tampa Bay Area in my opinion.
Pros
Great Food, Great People, Nice Facility
Cons
Parking, Security, Location
Chaplain duties
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with patients and working beside nursing staff. Patients are delightful and willing to talk with chaplain. Staff are exceptional in their work and very qualified at what they do and enjoy their work.

The artwork is beautiful and the commitment to encourage healing in the patients is evident.
Pros
Hard working employees, positive benefits
excellent
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2015
excellent i will recommend others to work there. even go their for care. this place has very good customer service and the nurses are very good in carring for their patients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I love working on the floors talking to nurse's and supplying the unit .
Distribution Technician/Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2015
I learned a lot of my 12 years experience , communicating with diverse population.I would like to work in the same environment ,different leaders though.
Pros
The leaders when I started totally gave me a good experience
Cons
The leaders now have been different, not a diverse area anymore
Full filling job with patient and staff interaction.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 7, 2015
My day is action packed from the moment I sign in until the moment I sign out. This is a small department with very needy patients. Most are physically challenged and require extra services to obtain our services. I am on the phone coordinating department activity as well as helping patients get paperwork, medical equipment and supplies together for daily discharge.
excellent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INSeptember 22, 2015
St Joseph was an excellent place to work until it shut down. great people great care. Clean friendly environment. Made you want to come to work everyday.
Performed as clinical manager/RN and cared for neuro patients. When that unit closed I had the opportunity to work on the oncology unit.
RN Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 15, 2015
I truly enjoyed caring for these patients with cancer. I wanted to give them the best care and most compassionate care I could. It was hard, yes, but I wanted to try and help them through this part of life. I was chemo certified while working this unit
A good place to work
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 22, 2015
I learned a lot from the job, both personal and professional. I enjoyed my time with this job and would consider working there again.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
professional growth would not have worked out for me.
Good Company To Work For
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone and there was a nice family atmosphere in this work place. I like the fact that people could pray for one another and people cared about who they worked with and for.
Pros
Good employee relations
Cons
training and equipping employees
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 14, 2015
I would answer multiple phone lines, make phone calls to the doctors, transfer patients in and out of the computer, I would answer the patient call bells
Friendly atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 17, 2015
Along with the benefits of working in a hospital, the people that work here are amazing and incredibly friendly. I was worried about first working here as a housekeeper because I thought it was a demeaning position--here I was cleaning toilets while there were lives being saved all around me. After a year of working here, I realized this wasn't the case. All of the doctors I've ever had the pleasure of meeting are incredibly enthusiastic about how much of an impact we make on the hospital. Everyone here is very friendly, even in the most stressful of atmospheres. The only aspect of this place that I dislike at times is the patient floors. Some are better than others but oftentimes there are usually new nurses on the floor that don't show as much respect for other people. It's a little difficult to work around sometimes.
Pros
Healthcare, job security, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not the best management system
enjoyed fixing equipment cleaning painting repacking pumps valves
1ST GRADE STAIONARY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
I enjoy working with old equipment boilers built in1949 two out three still in service enjoy working on manual operation of boilers no team work from coworker felt no cared about equipment
Pros
no presure
Cons
no team work everyone one would do minumum effort of work
Exciting and interesting. Never a boring moment.
Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 20, 2015
There is never a typical day in an emergency room. I learned that treating people with respect, even when they were angry, usually brought some calm. My co-workers were the best, most dedicated people I have ever known. There was never a dull moment and if there was, it didn't last long. I missed my co-workers a great deal when I left for a better paying position. The hardest part of the job was dealing not only with the emotions of families, but your own emotions in sometimes very sad circumstances.
Pros
Great, people to work with, never a dull moment.
Cons
Decidedly poor pay for the duties required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL Reviews by Location