ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

Great employment
OR Staff (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Great employment. Management listens to their staff.
Flexible work schedule. Opportunities for advancement if desired.
Good place to work before the work was contracted.
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Very fast paced until after lunch. Management was very fair. Co-workers were ok. Benefits were not great.
Best part of the job was feeling that you were helping people. Worst part of the job was the kitchen was very hot.
Pros
consistent
Cons
pay and benefits were not great
Enjoy working at this place
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Like myjob and good comunication with my boss james villegas. Hospital give me let off on feb.2013 With another 190 employees , after 52 years ofservice.
Pros
some lounges
Cons
no vertime
Ienjoyed every minute working there,
Data Entry, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Working at the hospital was awesome I really enjoyed working there I met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
i learned a lot working there.
Cons
no cons
Mechanics Duty
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 29, 2014
Work orders I do asap , my sift is swing so I don't get help on the most part . I tackle work on my own mostly from individual needs of floors secretary's orr Head nurses and Security Dept.
most enjoyable part of the job
RN, Charge (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MaineOctober 20, 2014
working collaboratively in an environment that is conducive for team nursing, advocating for patient and enhanced provider communication.
Registration in a emergency room
Registrar II (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work was to be assigned to different zones within the emergency room and gather demographic info as well as the appropriate insurance documentation and verify eligibility, We also collected co pays and deductibles when necessary
Pros
benefits were great, always overtime so earning potential was great
Cons
not ideal for those who have little ones
Cardiac Cath Lab
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Cath Lab/IR (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOAugust 27, 2014
Small group of co-workers in a small community setting. Very personalized treatment of the patients that we were serving
learned many new skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2014
working conditions were good people i worked with were professional and helpful at all times.
Pros
fellows workers assisted in daily operations
Cons
sometimes had to work entra hours and lots of after work training
Always a friendly atmosphere.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaJuly 20, 2014
Being the first one there in the morning to open up the Pacu unit was great it gave me a feeling that my co-workers had faith in me ,everyone worked so well together it was amazing .The surgeons were always sharing new proceedures . The turn over in recovery room was fast and exciting never a dull moment.Management was informative and always educating and cross training you for different positions.
Pros
progression
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  MaineApril 13, 2014
This is a great place to work while being a student in college!
Echo lab in transition
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 29, 2014
Disappointed at how my new-grad position was mismanaged. I learned how to run the entire workings of an echo cardiology lab, from in-coming interdepartmental calls for scheduling, to performing all cardiac sonography examinations while carrying a pager-on-call, responsible for covering the out-patient schedule, while having to respond to calls for TEE surgery, emergency room and ICU and then to complete the day, usually after hours to perform any in-patient echo requisitions for cardiologists to read the following day, when patients were not readily available according to dinner and bathing and visitation and sleeping time.
The only person available to train me was a traveling tech who had no interest in my obtaining the necessary hands-on training that I was assured. He was written up for non-compliance through rude, abrupt and pushy behaviour with patients and nurses and nurse administrators, although he provided everything required to keep the cardiologists happy with his work. I was terminated just before my 30 days of probation, just before my union membership would have been granted, within a week after

The hardest part of my job was lack of support and communication from the manager, the traveling tech and the back-up tech, who also made himself unavailable, as he had been turned down after applying for the full-time position that I had been hired for. The hardest task was that I was expected to take on the full-time responsibilities of the entire schedule, to run the entire workings of the echo lab as the solo employee in my capacity of newly graduated and first-time
  more... intern clinical trainee cardiac sonographer, after this traveler was terminated within three weeks when the manager took leave for a week with voicemail and cell phone completely unavailable to take calls, or even messages.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having all the exposure to and learning all the aspects required to keep an echo lab running. I enjoyed the opportunity I was given and I enjoyed the input and encouragement from the two cardiologists I worked with that spent most time in the hospital and the nurses and even the traveler tech., when he was not overly stressed out from trying to complete his schedule before the end of a normal work-day. Even the back-up tech. came in to bail me out and help me during the final weekend I was there alone, asking for help when my moving truck arrived with the rest of my belongings to settle in the area and the following day the parting comment I received from the manager was that I had made a heroic attempt and that I was so close to being able to keep things running alone, which was re-iterated by the back-up tech.!
Pros
independence of operation, overtime earnings opportunity, courtesy and pleasantness of clinical staff, nurses and administrators..
Cons
lack of presence, availability, support, self-interested according to budget requirements, unrealistic hr and department manager, my being used as a pawn, hiring a new-grad trainee for the work-load and responsibilities expected, low-paid first-time intern
I enjoyed working with my team
Clinical Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 12, 2014
Interview donors and perform vital signs. Collect blood performing venipuncture. Help outpatient lab when there is patient overflow. Maintan adequate supplies.
I have learned to prepare and organize budget reports. Maintain an adequate workflow at the Donor Center.
I've learn to plan, promote and execute outside drives.
The most enjoyable part is working closely with my co-workers at outside center blood drives.
Pros
great team and co-workers
Cons
unstable financial hospital
Top Notch Orginization
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 5, 2014
Would work there again because the doctors and staff where great to work with. We did some cutting edge cases at this hospital
Pros
smart energetic staff
Cons
my assignment was not longer
St Joseph's Hospital was an absolutley wonderful place to work! I loved my job and all my colleagues
MAINTENANCE PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I served a 7 year tenure with St Josephs Hospital and was currently laid off due to my position was eliminated.
In my 7 years, I was recognized by receiving many merits and awards, including most recently, 2013 Values in Action award.
would not recommend working there
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2014
I loved working there the first couple of years but patient to tech ratio kept increasing making it a patient safety issue. Management isn't there to monitor during shift and felt that doing my best was never good enough when it came to evaluations. Some of the Nurses are very "clicky" with management and if they didn't like you, it was reflected. Outside of work, it is sad to hear people you know who don't know you worked there put the Hospital down, stating that the care has drastically decreased and they refused to go to that hospital anymore. Makes you wonder.
the most enjoyable part of my job was that Nobody wanted the position so I was able to make good money because of all the overtime I was able to get
Pros
the staff i personally worked with was great, most were great team players
Cons
overworked and way under staffed patient to nurse/tech ratio, not enough pay for work you do and staff is way under appreciated for all their hard work
PACU routine
RN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 27, 2014
As usual in post op recovery. Nurses worked well together and assisted each other as needed.
Pros
good staff
Cons
on call
An excellent workplace
Patient Account Specialist-Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 11, 2013
St Joseph Hospital was a great place to work at; their four core values of Justice, Dignity, Excellence & Service are well practiced. I had excellent relationships with my co-workers and management.I worked in the Cancer Center and developed excellent relationships with our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help our patients with their concerns.
Pros
great work place with good benefits and compensation.
Circulating Nurse (Former Employee) –  Breese, ILDecember 3, 2013
Very fast paced. Admit patients to OR , check charts to be sure it is accurate. Take patient to OR suite, assisted doctor in different aspects. PACU patients after surgery.Advocate for patients.
great place
Greeter (Former Employee) –  phx,azNovember 26, 2013
wasnt there long, was a temp so didnt get to learn more about the job