St Luke's Hospital Employee Reviews

Good docs; heads decided to cut out my job
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 31, 2017
There was such competition & stress to perform more and more each day. So, they computerized it to voice activated transcription and lowered their standard of care by the junk the computer let go by. I am sure medications especially (even in my records I later saw) were error ridden. I did not want to see my career get sloppy.
It sent me home until I could get retrained I worked retail.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Upper management really disliked my dept--we were too costly
Fast paced environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 5, 2017
Overall great place to work. I learned a lot from my peers. Management was slow to communicating with employees. Loved the atmosphere. Fast paced!
productive
team member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2017
learning hospital, clean and professional staff. one of the best in the medical center that specializes in heart issues. the location is good. everyone smiles and greats
Pros
parking is taking out of check
Cons
unknown
I enjoy jeans day when the Royals and Chiefs play a home game
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2017
A typical work day is rooming patient, doing chart prep, drawing labs, making sure all labs are available for providers and patients. Taking vital signs, doing Body Composition,and EKG's. Preparing blood to be sent to out side labs and scan patients reports or labs to there chart as needed. I didn't have phlebotomy skills and they trained me in it. Management has and open door policy, which I like. The environment is very quiet, but we fine time daily to laugh.The hardest part of the job is scanning. All the papers have to be put in a certain order and if you miss one thing, you have to start over again.
Pros
You get half off lunch in the cafeteria
Cons
You only get 30 minutes for lunch
fun and relaxed environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Work was enjoyable. Educational programs were frequently provided. Management was fair and not overly intrusive. I like had newest equipment and kept the whole staff current.
Pros
a prestigives hospital
Cons
parking was an issue
Project Manager for the construction of the new hospital.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 16, 2017
Project went well 279 Million $ budget. completed on time and budget. project consisted a total of 700,000 sf. A 170 unit bed tower, 2 medical office buildings, Mountain states tumor institute, And a 350,000 SF Diagnostic and treatment center. And a podium style parking garage.
Pros
Good Job while it lasted
Cons
Temp position, Job Completed.
Fast paced pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 11, 2017
Fast paced inpatient pharmacy. You will train on refilling medication on hospital floors, working closing with pharmacist and management team. Great hospital.
Great work place
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2017
Great mangers nurses doctors patients great place to work I would love to come back and be and employee anytime very friendly people I learned alot working at st Luke’s
great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced and challenging. I had the privilege of meeting wonderful people every day and interact with families of all walks of life. Do only reason I left this place was because I had to relocate for my family from NY to Fl.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Had a great time doing my internship at St. Luke's Hospital. Everyone welcomed me and made me feel as if I was a part of the team. Enjoyed working with the patients to make them better.
Needs to walk the talk.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 21, 2017
The work is great, the patients are great, the money is great, but few uppers smile, or give an encouraging word. To be more positive, give a pat on the back even once in a while, would make this a perfect work environment.
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
Egotistical people who feel better after making others feel bad.
Tv in break rooms.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 19, 2017
ST. Lukes is a very good place to work. Great benefits! My boss and coworkers are awesome. The longer you work there the more you can accumulate PTO hours. Always doing fun potlucks and celebrating holidays. Always very understanding if a emergency would come up. They have childcare at the hospital if you need. We would get discounts in the cafeteria. They also give you extended sick leave. Also assist with furthering your education. All the healthcare workers are very professional.
Pros
Help with assisting your education
Cons
High cost of insurance.
Emergency Department Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Great Place to work. Employees tend to remain long term. The auxiliary services are top notch and readily available. The food is great. Lots of activities for employees to be involved with.
Ac-1 best work team environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my career at St Luke's. Employees were valued and recognized. The company offered many benefits and and was willing to work with you to help advancement.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short breaks unpaid lunch
ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I worked at St. Luke's for 2 years. Quick paced work environment in quiet suburb setting. St. Luke's provides good benefits and has competitive wages.
Fast paced enviroment
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 30, 2017
Very fast paced. Up to 25 patients a day. Recent change in Management for the worse. Difficult to work for and huge turn over since new Management took over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients!
I enjoyed organizing employee birthday parties, retirement functions, etc.
Loved working on the Mobile Unit. Being able to provide a well needed service to ladies in the rural area of Idaho and Oregon.
Enjoyed performing QC on the machines.
I am trained on 3D Tomography.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, no breaks
I love working for this Hospital
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 29, 2017
I love working with at this hospital and working in the Patient Registration Department. The people that I work with are so friendly. And because I float around in different areas at the Main Campus and the many offsite clinics, I get to learn so many new things.
Pros
Friendly staff, premium pay
Cons
Not able to get certain days requested off
benefits great
Lead Physician Coder/supervisor - CPC (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 21, 2017
great benefits; need to work on management, enjoyed educating all the coders and helping others to succeed; the benefits were awesome and reasonable; too many department conflicts
benefits
Cons
management
Every body is replacable
Lead teck (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 17, 2017
As a lead teck , you must train newly hired employs plus your work that was assigned to you , as well as the jobs that were not covered that day . Your raises were less than 10 cents a year .
great place to work
Pay roll assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 15, 2017
provides high quality compassionate care for patients and environment. Top graduate medical education. Wonderful place to work and I've enjoyed working with Dr. and Nurses
Pros
non
Cons
excellent benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Luke's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2