St Luke's Hospital Employee Reviews

Clinic Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 26, 2015
Very productive saw many patients in one day. Issues were resolved quickly. Co-workers are wonderful and care deeply about patients.
Pros
pot luck lunch
Cons
short breaks
positive work place
lpn (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 24, 2015
excellent talented physicians and team of employees that care for t he patients. A family environment to work in. Supportive management and great teamwork.
Pros
great team
Cath lab
Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2015
Best cath lab I've every worked in! Skilled physicians, skilled team, great management. You can learn a lot here if you pay attention and are involved with your day!
Pros
Team, management, physicians
productive
team member (Former Employee) –  houstonOctober 10, 2015
fun place to work. Meet a lot of different people. kitchen is the best. very nice facility. co workers and hospital staff are friendly
A wonderful place to work
Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at St. Luke's Hospital. My coworkers were like family. Everyone helped each other when there was a problem or if someone was behind in their work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
sitting
Good Benefits
Admitting Rep (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 21, 2015
I was a patient registration rep. I enjoyed the people I worked with the nurses and doctors were amazing.
Unfortunately they would not provide us with decent equipment to do our jobs. The work stations on wheels were junk. The laptops constantly going down. The supervisor all they cared about was either making sure you didn't bother them or micro managing you. Which made it unfortunate because it could be a great place to work.
The hardest part was being micro managed and dealing with people who did not have emergencies yet thought just because they came into an ER their case was an emergency.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Work stations and Micro Management
A great learning environment with Teamwork
Excel Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2015
A great place to work and learn about health care and patient care. The staff works as a team to provide the best care for the patients in the hospital in Allentown PA
Keep turnover low and hold personnel accountable and control costs
Distribution Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 2, 2015
A typical day in the NE east is to hit the day running and preplanned day, not many breaks its work 10-12 hour shifts each day for customer satisfaction
Pros
Maintain Employee Morale
Cons
Healthcare
Love it
Nurse Assistant / Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 28, 2015
Great company. The location is beautiful. Friendly patients and co-workers. The hours are a little longer then usual sometimes.
Stressful but educational and fun work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 1, 2015
LOVED IT! The attendance policy is unrealistic for individuals with children and their no rehire policy is bogus! But overall it was a fantastic place to work!
Good place to work. Supportive and fun co-workers. Enjoyed my time working there.
Laboratory Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2015
The typical work day was registering patient's, verifying insurance, and ordering tests. I learned the healthcare can be a stressful field and that you have to be caring and compassionate, you never know what someone may be going through. Management was good, as managers changed things got more stressful but that will happen with transition. My co-workers were some of the best I have ever had, very helpful and we supported each other. Dealing with the hospital staff proved to be the hardest part as education was needed to help them understand how things worked in the lab. I most enjoyed my interaction with the patients and getting to know them and their families.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Bilingual Customer Service
Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed working directly with medical staff and especially with the Spanish speaking community we serviced in the great metro area.
great company to work for
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee) –  Hellertown, PAJune 29, 2015
I did my student clinical at this network. Loved the happy, work driven atmosphere. Would recommend this place to other people.
The team
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2015
The hardest part of my job is knowing the people are in the final days. Helping the families and patients feel comfortable and at peace as possible through this hard time is what makes this job worth while. My team i work with is like a family they are the best ive ever had.
Cutting edge, innovative care, great culture, awesome people to work with!!
Practice Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 30, 2015
Great teamwork! Awesome people who really care about their work and really do live our mission everyday of "Giving the healthcare we'd like our loved ones to receive"!!!!! Very supportive administration! Awesome leadership! Awesome hospital!! Awesome Care!!! Patients and families are at the center of everything we do!! Great work/life balance! Outstanding associates!!
Hand's On and Productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 30, 2015
Back in my senior year of High School, I volunteered at St. Luke's Hospital form 9am to 1pm every Saturday from June 2011 to November 2011. I volunteered at the Patient Access Center where I had to transport medical records to various departments and file paper work. On a busy day I would have to delivery about 20 medical records. I would have to do a lot of walking around the hospital, so you had to be fit. I had much responsibilities in my hands, if I sent the file to the wrong department, the doctor would not know the medical records of the patient and would be time consuming for doctor who has many other patients to examine. I learned about responsibility, observing, and to get the job done correctly and quickly volunteering at St. Luke's.
A good place to work everyone took an interest in you doing a good job
C N A/ Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 4, 2015
Nursing assistant duties include getting patients ready for surgery. Helping patients get ready for the day by helping with their daily hygiene if they were notable to do it them self. Help physical therapy walk patients and help any way they needed
Nice working environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2015
Very nice co-workers, fun environment, excellent benefits. Lots of training and advancement opportunities. Great location save a lot on fuel.
nice place to work
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there and learned alot from the different dept that i had to go to on a daily basis
co-workers where always helping out each other whether in giving advice or participating in the asssign job
Health and training, learning different things all the time every day
Pros
team work
Cons
distance------37miles one way for me
Productive, positive work enviroment
Outpatient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Daily review outpatient radiology procedures scheduled for the following week. Verify patients insurance eligibility and coverage, determine if referral or prior authorization is needed. confirm through Navinet or BC BS website to view if referral or prior authorization was submitted by doctors office. Contact Doctor's office to request necessary documentation. Call patients to pre register them and update demographic information. I learned to master a great deal of health insurance knowledge. The most challenging part was obtaining a prior authorization for a procedure scheduled with less then 24 hour notice.
Pros
schedule, health benefits and great co workers
Cons
distance