St Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews

Very pleasant place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2017
I have been working at St Lukes for 13 years. Ive had the pleasure of meet some of the most unique please from all walks of life & culture whether they where patients or managent.
Pros
Great health benefits and caring management
Cons
Long hours but well worth it
Good Job
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 10, 2017
It is a pretty good place to work. There are some days that are stressful but of course that is in any work environment. The management was pretty good. I did learn a lot working in the ER department as a Patient Access Representative, which is a good thing because it helped me further my medical interest.
Pros
Traveling to different locations and seeing how each ER worked
Cons
Working late nights and missing my family
There are good people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is always busy. I learned that you get things done if you work as a team, help each other, and work efficiently. The management is very cooperative. The workplace culture is to help others. The hardest part of the job is when you work by yourself and don't get along with your coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
needs some changes
Cna (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NCMarch 21, 2017
Was a good learning experience. I did get computer experience and answering call, pages and to deal with family so have a lot of experience with customers service. Learned how to handle problems as they came up.
working at st luks
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 17, 2017
I have currently been employed at St Lukes for 3 years I love working here my goal is too stay here and just advance. This by far as been the best place of employment I have ever experienced.
fun place
Housekeeper Aide (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO 63017March 8, 2017
mercy hospital is a good place to work for management will help you out in any kind of way they can work place culture is great part of the job is learning and working with my co-workers
Pros
lunches
Cons
healthcare
Productive Workplace
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 6, 2017
St Luke's Hospital is a very productive and great place to work at. It is fast paced. People who work there are willingly to take the time out of their schedule to show you how to perform a task correctly. The hardest part of the job was when later on in the day things would slow down and there wasn't much work to be passed around. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new jobs in different work areas such as the ER, lab, etc
loved work there
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2017
The people was good we all work like a family to meet new people when your would visit the rooms to talk to them about they menu it was good to just meet new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Seeing someone very sick
I enjoyed working there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working there. Days in the ER were usually busy. Days on the floor were steady. I enjoyed working with different people in different areas. I enjoyed working in Outpatient Testing the most.
Great place to wotk
Unit Secretary/ Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Plenty of time off working 12 hour shifts. Always willing to work with schedule and accommodate employee needs. Great benefits. Overtime offered if desired
Very good
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 18, 2016
I have been working at this hospital since 89 initially I had started in ER . Worked in ER till dec 2015. At present I am working full time in urgent care/work comp. Nice place to work .good working environment
Pros
Stable
Cons
Pay is less
challenging work experience but highly adaptable
Epic consultant (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 11, 2016
wonderful work environment from management, co workers lot of learning too.
hardest part was being placed in a work environment outside my area of strength in EPIC which was the cardio cath lab and I needed to struggle the first two days but I actually adapted.
the people in my dept were very understanding and supportive. was a very good experience.
Pros
n/a
Pay was not acceptable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 20, 2016
St Luke's is a nice place to work and a worker will never get laid off from this place. I found the management to be a little fickle and un trustworth
Pros
Great food
Cons
bad pay
Great people to work with
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2016
Great coworkers, however administration is not interested in the fact that this hospital is one of the lowest paying hospitals in the country. In fact raises are often delayed by months because of foolish computer programs (problems have costed millions), classes and meetings. It is shameful that as a nurse who has worked there for 10 years with "exceeds expectations" as my annual eval EVERY year, I make $3 more an hour than a new grad. I have learned 6 roles on this unit (PP, L&D, charge, anesthesia, scrub, assist), I participate on committees every year x4 years, and I make no more than a nurse who will only practice 1 role.
Pros
free parking, coworkers are like family
Cons
Horrible healthcare, horrible pay, expensive cafeteria food
Good place
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 25, 2016
I walk into work, all the nurses are really nice. I always get a Good Morning and I give a Good Morning back. Some days are tougher than other buts its a good job to work at. Most Patients are also really nice. I work alone so I dont have any coworkers.
Nice people, terrible HR
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 15, 2016
Very stingy Human Resources department will do anything to keep a penny. I learned a lot which is a plus, but it is not easy to move up because everyone is chosen by favorites. Terrible system.
Pros
Great benefits, great people.
Cons
Terrible management
Very fast paced if course i worked in the ER so it was, rewarding and fun and Kept you going and on your toes, scary at times job.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  915 east 1st st duluth mnJuly 14, 2016
I loved this job, it kept you going, the staff was great, the entire hospital team was great. It was fast paced, we ask worked together, I love that in a job, team work.. Team player... But one of the best jobs I believe I had. I would send Anyone there. I had the best boss, staff. It was a wonderful place to be empoyed. I wouldn't have left but I had to be put on a medical leave due to medical issues that are now resolved. Very happy there, was my first, big job I guess..
Busy
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 24, 2016
Stressful at times but overall was a great place to work for coworkers were helpful when they could boss even helped when we got overwhelmed with work
Fair place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2016
It's hard to get reasonable advancements and pay rate the workers are nice people over all had a pretty go experience on the job with staff and patients alike
Pros
Not much
my job was okay
patient transport (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
it was fun at first but it got hard with people did not like your work i learned alot the management was okay the co workers are okay having a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Lukes Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.