St Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very Unorganized
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2016
I worked for the company a short period, there was a mistake on my background check, I fixed it within the time frame given. Instead of holding my job like they were supposed to I was accidentally terminated. It would have been fine if they would not have messed around for two months and explained it right away but they did not and so I waited for January 11, 2016 to start the second part of my orientation and was unable to get a hold of anyone for almost two months. They have lack of management, and no communication skills.
Cons
lack of communication among departments and with staff.
Fair place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2016
It's hard to get reasonable advancements and pay rate the workers are nice people over all had a pretty go experience on the job with staff and patients alike
Pros
Not much
my job was okay
patient transport (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
it was fun at first but it got hard with people did not like your work i learned alot the management was okay the co workers are okay having a job
St Lukes Buisness Office
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  801 Ostrum StreetAugust 3, 2015
Typical day consists of gathering reports of accounts and worknig your daily list. Than to track back on older accounts trying to reduce our old accounts. Being consitant and accurate with this work is very effective. The ability to help out in other departments, such as answering phones is soemtimes difficult when trying to do two jobs at once, but with organizational skills and a postive attitude you can get through any day. I love to reach our cash goals, because this means we recieve a added bonus a few months out of the year than and thats very rewarding.
Loved working here, my Sterile Processing team was the best.
Instrument Room Tech, Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2015
I worked here as both a temp and as a full time employee, my team in Sterile Processing were amazing and our supervisor there was awesome. Diana was always available to listen and to pitch in with a helping held. I have never worked in a facility where this is the case before or since. I unfortunately had to leave my position with them for personal reasons and have been extremely disappointed with my jobs since.
Pros
Working with a team I loved!!!!!
Cons
It was a 2 hour drive for me both ways.
use to be nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 5, 2015
started there and i loved it but now it was like a money thing and not the good care it should have been I always loved caring for my patients but when you get managers that dont seem to care how you feel or take the time to listen to what your telling them that good care just isnt happening
Very Caring Hospital
PATIENT CARE TECH II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2013
includes optimistic attitudes, caring for patients the best to my ability with exceptional missions and values of the company, duties as assigned so multitasking also. learned how deal with different emotions of patients. (very helpful). adjust to one's feelings on their level and turn all negative to positive! management was ok. co-workers were great, I've also learned that team work is the best work and without a great team we all work roughly, and in a unsmooth manner. (very important). hardest part of my job was to not put emotions into a situation deal with a deceasing patient. I most enjoyed that I made difference going above and beyond. not for loud recognition, but knowing within myself that I achieved what I was looking to accomplish for this company, and community.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
not too many
No comment
Insurance/Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoMarch 3, 2015
St. Luke's is not the same as it was when I started in 1997. Seems they are catering to the real young and letting go of the elders that have been there for many years. I think they could have been a little more patient with my health problems.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
clicky
productive and fun going place at St Lukes Hospital.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2013
I love what I do , I do learn a lot from the doctors and nurses when I ask questions, for example, when they call TRAMA on a baby and they need an ED TECH you should bring fingerstick machine and thermometer right away as to on an adult only fingerstick is necessary right away. I find the management need to step up a lot in many areas, I find a lot of broken rules in my department dew to who likes who. Co - workers will be co -workers where ever you go, here some do try to make your job difficult,. A typical day at work was when I had a stat EKG to do and I saw where the patient was having bad shortness of breath , so I didn't do the EKG, instead I called the doctors immediately and rushed him to the trama room. We were able to save his life and I did get a WHOW for that. The hardest part of the job is when a baby dies. And the most enjoyable part is when we are able to save a life in the trama room.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
1199 insurance
This was my internship for Radiology
Radiology Student (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 15, 2013
I worked between classes and working in the Radiology Department. I learned all the positioning for x-rays. Management was great. My fellow student were great to work with during our learning curve. The hospital staff was great to work with also. The hardest part of the training was the studying, working and family. The most enjoyable part was graduating know you made it.
Pros
excellent staff to work with, they were very patient.
Cons
balancing all the people in your life.
nurses work well together as a team
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 21, 2014
Our floor covered post op gynecologic patients, post Cesarean sections, preterm labor patients and some medical female overflow
rotated role of charge position This including managing staffing, patient assignments organization of doctor's orders. The charge nurse would also have a patient assignment
When not charge nurse, organized care medications, procedures for an assigned number of patients and supervised care techs in patient care.
We were also certified to float to the well baby nursery, mother baby care. We were closely with physicians and hospitalists
Hardest part was dealing with the unexpected admissions and staffing accordingly
Pros
we worked closely as a group by supporting each other, helping as needed, socially close, teaching and working with new mothers or gynechological patients, enjoyed interactions with them and their families
Cons
12 hour shifts that frquently required overtime, called in to work extra shifts, cancelled shifts due to lower census
rewarding job experience
Outpatient Registration (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 14, 2012
Constant contact with patient's. Usally intense days to keep up with work flow. I have learned to work well face to face with the public. Co-workers and management are resourceful. The hardest part of my job is seeing a person who is ill or in pain. The most enjoyable part is to put a smile on a person's face.
Pros
good healthcare, discount in caffeteria
Proffessional, yet friendly.
1.DIETARY SERVICE AID / 2.TRANSPORTER ORDERLY (Former Employee) –  1.NUTRITIONAL SYSTEMS / 2. RADIOLOGYDecember 19, 2011
St. Lukes hospital was a very family oriented place to work. The administration showed genuine care and concern for the employees. When you have happy employees you have happy customers. At the same time keeping with the professional order of the hospital's mission of serving the community.
Pros
good benefits
Enjoyable working relations with co-workers
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
Great place of employment. Miss working with co-workers, respectfull working environment. Great learnind experience. Great Health and compensation benefits..
Pros
fun and enjoyable working environment
Admissions administrator while in school
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2014
I worked at this hospital while in school to
Earn my tuition

Learned a lot about the workings of hospital
Administration
Pros
good opportunity for medical education
Cons
long hours while in school
Enjoyable
Emergency Room Phlebotomist/ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomApril 8, 2013
Busy Busy which I loved. Constant think on my feet and being pulled in several directions because the nurses loved working with me. They relied on me more than the other Techs at least that is what it felt like. I enjoyed coming to work every day and also filled in on other floors on my days off my favorite was Post Op. The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone it got a little frustrating when all my co-workers fought over me at times enjoyable part was learning so much from the Doctors when they pulled me for certain procedures
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
first to be called in a crisis
good company to work for
SIMPLE NURSE VISITS (Former Employee) –  kansas city, moJune 27, 2012
some days faster than others,but good company to work for,good benefits
Pros
good food
Cons
n/a
This job had a lot of down falls
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 29, 2012
Even though this was not the best job I have ever had the ER experience helped my career to grow
Good place to work close to home
PATIENT ACESS (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 17, 2013
Working with patient was what I liked helping them
I learned to be patient with people and co workers
Manager hardley came up to our area to see us or talk to us. Good group of people to work with
Hardest part of the job was asking for co pays
Pros
birthday card 5 dollars
Cons
we did not take break when there was no patients no not pap smears that was our break
I am very productive, I always keep on working no matter the time it is.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
I would like to work there, since everything I have hear are good thing and it would be very beneficial for me money wise as well as experience wise.
Pros
that is good, but only if necessary i will eat
Cons
i am okay with that i work all the way threw.