St Mary's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very busy Hospital,Amazing and wonderful staff.
Imaging Clerk/Hospital interpretr (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 18, 2015
We never know what is going to come in.
to work with the problem not a round it.
management is ok, we don't see them.
Amazing and wonderful co-workers.
Working with difficult and rude patients, and still smile and help them.
getting the job done and feeling good about it.
Pros
free turkey and gift card for thanksgiving and christmas
Cons
Hospital is Union
GREAT atmophere
Resident Assistant - Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 12, 2015
a great place to work, volunteer job shadow, the employees are so helpful and will answer any of your questions. A terrific learning experience for anyone.
Fast paced and great place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse, Intermediate Care (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 26, 2015
Patient/Nurse ratio on nights 5/1. Typical patients are cardiac and/or pulmonary in nature. Great camaraderie among coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job are coworkers and patients. Obviously the hardest part of the job is losing a patient.
ok
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Moderate place to work. The management changed mult times in the 2 years I worked there. The work environment was difficult at times.
Not a great company to work for.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMay 21, 2014
Taking the deceased bodies to the morgue, watching all clients come in and out of the hospital. Checking parking lots for theft. Doing theft reports, disorderly conduct reports. Assisting with possible 5150 patients.
Pros
great vacation
Cons
terrible management and a high turn over in people.
A fun place to work
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachMay 16, 2014
Busy, busy, busy.

I learned to become a leader here. Its ok to change your mind and go in a different direction with ones career

Management is supportive of education.
Exciting workplace with fun coworkers.
Nurse Aide PACU/ OR (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 15, 2014
A typical day at St Marys included managing a recovery room with 15 patients at all time. Maintaining a clean work environment and assisting the nurses with all necessary items was all a part of my job. I never felt like I was at "work", it was always about satisfying the patients and their families. All my co-workers were lively and fun people who loved the job just as I did.
Very nice atmosphere
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 27, 2014
This company was a very nice atmosphere to work for. I was a medical assistant and assisted the nurse practitioner and doctor with taking care of patients.
its a great place to work if we didnt have so much drama
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 25, 2014
*cleaning the patients rooms, ER, OR and offices
*I know a lot about cleaning since I have so much exp.
*I get along with most of my coworkers but my lead worker picks favorites
*hardest part of my job is when we are short staffed and we get other areas added to where we are at
*more enjoyable part of my job is being around the people I work with and the patients in the hospital, I am a people person and wouldn't change it for the world
Project Specialist
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 8, 2014
Clean corridors, clean patient rooms, and set up for meetings and banquets.
Very encouraging and supportive workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 20, 2013
Patient care coordination. We were 50 volunteers, enthusiastic and raring to go. Everybody was kept busy. I was working on the volunteer database, updating it, entering data, tweaking and cleaning where appropriate. I also did some customizing and quick retrieval of data.
Pros
diverse group of people, free lunches in the big canteen.
Great experience
Medical Social Work MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2013
Linking Patients to Community Resources (Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Rehabilitation Services, Food Banks, Low-Cost Housing, etc.)
Pros
great cafeteria food
Cons
short breaks
Dependable and Professional Evironment
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOSeptember 10, 2013
A typical work day included was challenging providing clerical and clinical services between two office buildings. I learned a lot of medical terminology and training through clinical services. Management was trusting in dealing with patients. Co-workers were dependable and worked hard. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accept unscheduled patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a diversity of people.
Good place to work!
Echo Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 26, 2013
St. Mary's Medical Center reminds me of a large family. Everyone knows everyone and is very respectful of each other. From house keeping personnel to renown thoracic surgeons and cardiologists, everyone treats each other with kindness and thoughtfulness. A typical day may start by performing a transesophageal echo (TEE) in open heart surgery, then return to the lab and perform echos on both outpatients and inpatients. Maybe approaching noon I will perform a TEE on an out pt. then before lunch go do a stat in ER or one of the ICU areas. After lunch call surgery to see if they are ready for me to return and finish the TEE. Afternoon I may do a stress echo, either chemical or exercise and after that attempt to get caught up on existing echos both in the echo lab or portable in the ICU's before the end of the day. All of us attempt to be the best we can be and sometimes boast that peers in other hospitals lack the skills we possess. In the echo department we enjoy respect and support from all the other departments. Especially from the ICU nurses and cath lab staff. Management does not interfere with our daily duties and will help facilitate progress. Co-workers are a mixture of old and young techs that get along very well and unselfishly help one another. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the demand for echos. Seems like there is a large demand for echo testing. I really enjoy meeting new people daily. This makes life a joy when I can participate in successful outcomes for our patients.
Pros
free health care benefits, and enjoyable work environment.
Cons
would really like to be near my children in the columbus, oh area.
Great work environment
Assume the role of a charge nurse on the Med (Former Employee) –  West Palm beach FloridaAugust 12, 2013
Fun place to work with a lot of team players. Opportunity to learn more from step down nurses and care for trauma patients
Very nice place to work
Accounting Assistant Accounts payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermantown, MnJuly 23, 2013
Overall St Mary's is a great place to work. For the most part the people are very caring and respectfull.
Pros
free parking
Cons
stress
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 6, 2013
Fun place to work. Needs to hire more help. Management needs to lead by example.
great training, alot of room for advancement
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 20, 2013
Grad nurse mentgoring program not available to all grad nurses. Work/life balance not avail-especially hard with children to perform bedside nursing during the day.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
poor work/life balance
A close knit environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 9, 2013
Entering doctors orders into the order entry system took up the majority of the day. Entering care plans for patients, surgical or medical. I learned to work well and smoothly with the nurses and doctors. As a secretary I ended up doing many small jobs around the nurses station, or around the hospital. I assisted other secretaries in their departments. I floated to different units as needed.
I learned how to interpret doctors notes and orders, and how to use the resources that I had.
Good co-workers and interdisciplinary team
Physical Therapist II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2013
Mid-size hospital with a good group of co-workers. Acute PT, OT and ST staff along with another set of PT, OT's and ST that work in acute rehab. Typical day is spent working with an average of 8-10 patients, attending daily unit bed huddles and sometimes SNF or ortho rounds depending on the day.
I enjoy working with my co-workers and feel well supported. The management staff is in a state of transition at this time.
The hardest part of my job is being as efficient as possible.

4.2