St Mary's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worked with a great bunch of people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 17, 2016
Typically would process food orders that were placed by the patients, making sure to follow dietary guidelines. Delivered meals, picked up trays, then cleaned trays, and washed pots and pans that food was cooked in
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
on your feet and walking or standing all shift
Hospital setting patient care
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2016
I worked in different Departments of the hospital from med-surg to Orthopedics my job description was to assist patients in activities of daily living monitoring their vital signs charting and documentation and assisting the RN with procedures
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much work
Hands on experience in the health field
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2016
I loved working in the hospital setting. It was a great experience since I got to work with the patients and the nurses one on one and it gave me a great outlook about the health care system. I watched new and exciting cases everyday related to the patient's health and I got introduced to many procedures in the hospital. I loved working with the nurses because I got to learn something new everyday from them. The hardest part of the job was seeing people die and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients and just putting a simple smile on their face being doing simplest things for them like bringing them ice cream if their diet permitted.
Fast paced and demanding but very rewarding.
Physician Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2016
St. Mary's is a wonderful hospital with excellent specialists, nursing and administrative executives. They always strive for the best and will not stop trying until the achieve their goals.
Very rewarding and fullfilling helping patients.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 6, 2016
Treats patients with dignity and respect and goes above and beyond to assist patients with any needs. Offers discounts for patients who pay off balance day of test/procedure.
Pros
Free health insurance to full time employees.
Cons
Work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week, no lunch break.
I enjoyed everything about St Marys Hospital.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 2, 2016
I just did not find the right job fit for my physical abilities. I learned that I was a better fit in the clerical area then I was in the clinical, because I was not able physically able to lift and move the patients in a safe and effective manner. Other than that I had no problems performing my job.
Pros
Great work enviroment.
Cons
working weekends
excellent
Patient Advocate II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 10, 2016
they give you opportunity to grow. the benefits are excellent. I loved my job and working with the public. the nurses and doctors are extremely helpful and makes your job very easy.
Pros
love the people
Great teaching hospital
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAFebruary 22, 2016
Having my practicum at St. Mary's has trained me to work in an acute care setting, My supervisor was extremely knowledgeable and taught me how to provide esteem paperwork and therapy.
good
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 23, 2015
good place to work, good staff and administration. I would recommend it to others in the future. I learned a lot by working here, I become a better employee
Very busy Hospital,Amazing and wonderful staff.
Imaging Clerk/Hospital interpretr (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 18, 2015
We never know what is going to come in.
to work with the problem not a round it.
management is ok, we don't see them.
Amazing and wonderful co-workers.
Working with difficult and rude patients, and still smile and help them.
getting the job done and feeling good about it.
Pros
free turkey and gift card for thanksgiving and christmas
Cons
Hospital is Union

Want to know more about St Mary's Medical Center?

Ask a question
GREAT atmophere
Resident Assistant - Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 12, 2015
a great place to work, volunteer job shadow, the employees are so helpful and will answer any of your questions. A terrific learning experience for anyone.
Fast paced and great place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse, Intermediate Care (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 26, 2015
Patient/Nurse ratio on nights 5/1. Typical patients are cardiac and/or pulmonary in nature. Great camaraderie among coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job are coworkers and patients. Obviously the hardest part of the job is losing a patient.
ok
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Moderate place to work. The management changed mult times in the 2 years I worked there. The work environment was difficult at times.
Not a great company to work for.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMay 21, 2014
Taking the deceased bodies to the morgue, watching all clients come in and out of the hospital. Checking parking lots for theft. Doing theft reports, disorderly conduct reports. Assisting with possible 5150 patients.
Pros
Great vacation
Cons
Terrible management and a high turn over in people.
A fun place to work
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachMay 16, 2014
Busy, busy, busy.

I learned to become a leader here. Its ok to change your mind and go in a different direction with ones career

Management is supportive of education.
Exciting workplace with fun coworkers.
Nurse Aide PACU/ OR (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 15, 2014
A typical day at St Marys included managing a recovery room with 15 patients at all time. Maintaining a clean work environment and assisting the nurses with all necessary items was all a part of my job. I never felt like I was at "work", it was always about satisfying the patients and their families. All my co-workers were lively and fun people who loved the job just as I did.
Very nice atmosphere
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 27, 2014
This company was a very nice atmosphere to work for. I was a medical assistant and assisted the nurse practitioner and doctor with taking care of patients.
its a great place to work if we didnt have so much drama
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 25, 2014
*cleaning the patients rooms, ER, OR and offices
*I know a lot about cleaning since I have so much exp.
*I get along with most of my coworkers but my lead worker picks favorites
*hardest part of my job is when we are short staffed and we get other areas added to where we are at
*more enjoyable part of my job is being around the people I work with and the patients in the hospital, I am a people person and wouldn't change it for the world
Project Specialist
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 8, 2014
Clean corridors, clean patient rooms, and set up for meetings and banquets.
Very encouraging and supportive workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 20, 2013
Patient care coordination. We were 50 volunteers, enthusiastic and raring to go. Everybody was kept busy. I was working on the volunteer database, updating it, entering data, tweaking and cleaning where appropriate. I also did some customizing and quick retrieval of data.
Pros
Diverse group of people, free lunches in the big canteen.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Mary's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2